Sponsored

JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions?

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please do not post information that you do not know. If you know it only connects via Bluetooth, show us how you know, as many want confirmation either way.. I keep seeing you or others posting it only connects to unit through Bluetooth.
You need to relax, and reread what I said. I never said it ONLY connects via Bluetooth. You want proof? Here it is.

The speaker connects to the vehicles stereo via Bluetooth. After it’s installed, the service department has to flash the stereo system so that it recognizes the speaker and amplifies the sound. Not sure if it can be hardwired.
This information is TRUE. Might be outing myself here... But this information came straight from Ford Accessories - SFA.

Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? 72931092-9B37-4A23-9947-8907DDC48B8F

Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? 44308236-3B22-4A97-907E-42D7C12DB5A0

You can take back what you said about me not knowing now. 😉
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to relax, and reread what I said. I never said it ONLY connects via Bluetooth.

This information is TRUE. Might be outing myself here... But this information came straight from Ford Accessories - SFA. Look at their Facebook page, a couple posts down (in the comments).

Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? 44308236-3B22-4A97-907E-42D7C12DB5A0

THanks. Sorry for inferring you were saying it only connects by Bluetooth. I did read it wrong. I understand that this distributor of Ford Accessories said that it connects via Bluetooth, but I tend to question that it only connects via Bluetooth. I am looking for confirmation that it has hard wire connections also. I did find the video below of a guy that bought the one I posted (JBL Stadium UB4100) has an amp and the one that comes with Ford does not have a built in amp...still cannot confirm whether or not the one for the Bronco has hard wire though. If it is really not hardwired on the install, I would rather have the one in the video that is hardwired and has the amp built in.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THanks. Sorry for inferring you were saying it only connects by Bluetooth. I did read it wrong. I understand that this distributor of Ford Accessories said that it connects via Bluetooth, but I tend to question that it only connects via Bluetooth.
No worries buddy! We are all really passionate about this Bronco. And I think the frustration from delays and non-answers over the past year, have put a lot of us on edge. I myself am also guilty of losing my temper with forum members. I blame Ford 🤣

In all seriousness, I wish the dedicated Bronco hotline had the capability to handle these types of questions. If not on an actual call, then on an “I’ll find out and get back to you” basis.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

THanks. Sorry for inferring you were saying it only connects by Bluetooth. I did read it wrong. I understand that this distributor of Ford Accessories said that it connects via Bluetooth, but I tend to question that it only connects via Bluetooth. I am looking for confirmation that it has hard wire connections also. I did find the video below of a guy that bought the one I posted (JBL Stadium UB4100) has an amp and the one that comes with Ford does not have a built in amp...still cannot confirm whether or not the one for the Bronco has hard wire though. If it is really not hardwired on the install, I would rather have the one in the video that is hardwired and has the amp built in.

Was just about to post this video. This seems like the soundbar you want. The rear speakers on both base and B&O systems are laughably bad. I'm gonna wait and see what other options become available though, don't want this huge thing hanging on my roll bar.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You need to relax, and reread what I said. I never said it ONLY connects via Bluetooth. You want proof? Here it is.

This information is TRUE. Might be outing myself here... But this information came straight from Ford Accessories - SFA.

Is it just me, or do the pictures tell a conflicting story? It's got to be either powered, or hardwired or both...perhaps bluetooth is an OPTION for like disconnecting it and taking it into your tent, etc?
Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? 1626810743170

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the sound bar from the manual you posted:

This is the sound bar for the Bronco:

Are you sure they’re the same sound bar?
There are 2 versions of this as the screenshots show. The one for Bronco is non amplified. That would indicate it needs to be hardwired in order to get power.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Artie can you share confirmation of this?
Yes, it's listed in the FORD accessories catalog and was confirmed by my dealer (consider the source lol)
Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 4.21.22 PM

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it's listed in the FORD accessories catalog and was confirmed by my dealer (consider the source lol)
Ford Bronco JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions? Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 4.21.22 PM
what is he confirming?

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the Bronco Off-Roadeo Texas last week as well and saw the Rapid Red Outer Banks with the soundbar installed, but also noticed the rear speakers were missing. Some of us were asking the staff there about it and they said to install it you actually have to remove the two rear speakers and use the wiring from them to power the soundbar. They also mentioned it’s only compatible with the non-B&O system.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody going to mention the fact that it all but blocks rear visibility…
It’s only blocking the part where the wipers don’t reach

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 Sport - 21 Bronco Sport - 85 Parisienne
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Ford JBL soundbar is hardwired into the vehicle in place of the rear speaker pods. It replaces the factory 4" cardboard cone coaxial speakers with 4x 4" subs and 2x 2" tweeters. It is not self powered via an integrated amp, but when the dealer flashes the ACM it reconfigures the EQ sending 200W to the soundbar. Specs below, install instructions attached.​

Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz
Maximum SPL: 100dB
Power Handling: 100Wx2
Driver Complement: 4 x 4" (100mm) long excursion
woofers; 2 x 2" (50mm) Edge-Driven Dome Tweeters

Attachments