Sponsored

JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions?

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Ford JBL soundbar is hardwired into the vehicle in place of the rear speaker pods. It replaces the factory 4" cardboard cone coaxial speakers with 4x 4" subs and 2x 2" tweeters. It is not self powered via an integrated amp, but when the dealer flashes the ACM it reconfigures the EQ sending 200W to the soundbar. Specs below, install instructions attached.​

Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz
Maximum SPL: 100dB
Power Handling: 100Wx2
Driver Complement: 4 x 4" (100mm) long excursion
woofers; 2 x 2" (50mm) Edge-Driven Dome Tweeters
This is GREAT news! Thank you for finding this!

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford JBL soundbar is hardwired into the vehicle in place of the rear speaker pods. It replaces the factory 4" cardboard cone coaxial speakers with 4x 4" subs and 2x 2" tweeters. It is not self powered via an integrated amp, but when the dealer flashes the ACM it reconfigures the EQ sending 200W to the soundbar. Specs below, install instructions attached.​

Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz
Maximum SPL: 100dB
Power Handling: 100Wx2
Driver Complement: 4 x 4" (100mm) long excursion
woofers; 2 x 2" (50mm) Edge-Driven Dome Tweeters
Thank you...I have been looking for this confirmation for awhile!!

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to relax, and reread what I said. I never said it ONLY connects via Bluetooth. You want proof? Here it is.

This information is TRUE. Might be outing myself here... But this information came straight from Ford Accessories - SFA.

72931092-9B37-4A23-9947-8907DDC48B8F.jpeg

44308236-3B22-4A97-907E-42D7C12DB5A0.jpeg

You can take back what you said about me not knowing now. 😉
Looks like your source above failed to mention that it is hardwired to head unit...that would have helped stop all the speculation from many that it only connects by bluetooth. I am just glad we got to the bottom of it, as I now feel good about having ordered it...

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But isn't good sound more important than visibility?? :unsure: :D
Awesome sound, maybe - just louder for the passengers in the back - no.

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also, to add to my post above, anyone that has had a vehicle with the top down, or removed, good luck getting an unbelievable audiophile experience. In my FJ, it is a gigantic win just to make out the song while at highway speeds (well, I won't exaggerate - almost highway speeds).

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm going to test drive my local dealers demo today (hopefully). They installed the sound bar yesterday. I hope it sounds good!

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to test drive my local dealers demo today (hopefully). They installed the sound bar yesterday. I hope it sounds good!
following...

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to add, if there is no amp in the speaker box, bluetooth is useless, and probably not an option. You can't transmit any power over wireless bluetooth.
Chances are it also doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, as the power supplied for (most) headphones is much less than would sound good with a larger speaker array like the JBL.
No inside knowledge, just spend a lot of time with audio hobbies.

This seems a replacement for the 2 Ford rear speaker pods, as an earlier post indicated, that accepts a speaker level (amplified) signal.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone buy the JBL sound bar accessory VM2DZ-18808-J(2Dr) and VM2DZ-18808-K(4Dr) with their Bronco yet? I have been really curious about this product. Would love a review, before I purchase one.

Screenshot_20210625-100716~2.png

Before I go messing with the speakers I would really like some info on the head unit first:

1. where is the head unit actually located?
2. what's the head unit capability as far as power output?
3. how many channels?
4. wire routing to all speakers?

can anyone provide answers?

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
THanks. Sorry for inferring you were saying it only connects by Bluetooth. I did read it wrong. I understand that this distributor of Ford Accessories said that it connects via Bluetooth, but I tend to question that it only connects via Bluetooth. I am looking for confirmation that it has hard wire connections also. I did find the video below of a guy that bought the one I posted (JBL Stadium UB4100) has an amp and the one that comes with Ford does not have a built in amp...still cannot confirm whether or not the one for the Bronco has hard wire though. If it is really not hardwired on the install, I would rather have the one in the video that is hardwired and has the amp built in.

Built in amp for the win. As far as visibility goes, i hope those saying they don't care about no visibilty with the soft top aren't the ones concerned about it with this. Anything is better than the factory stereo, but a built in amp is the better choice.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Built in amp for the win. As far as visibility goes, i hope those saying they don't care about no visibilty with the soft top aren't the ones concerned about it with this. Anything is better than the factory stereo, but a built in amp is the better choice.
I think need to watch that video again. He states that the one from Ford DOES NOT have an amp as also stated in the accessory brochure.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think need to watch that video again. He states that the one from Ford DOES NOT have an amp as also stated in the accessory brochure.
Correct, the one from ford accessories does not have a built in amp, but he states the one in the video does. Which would be the one i'd choose to go with.
Sponsored