Sponsored

JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct, the one from ford accessories does not have a built in amp, but he states the one in the video does. Which would be the one i'd choose to go with.
I'm curious if the powered version is compatible? Odd that Ford wouldn't offer it if it was.
Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious if the powered version is compatible? Odd that Ford wouldn't offer it if it was.
I do know that the UB4100 (powered with integrated amp, as seen in the video I posted) has the three connecitons (RCA, bluetooth and 3.5 jack), which the latter override the former connection. Not sure about getting power to it, the guy in the video shows the cables it comes with to connect up to power.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do know that the UB4100 (powered with integrated amp, as seen in the video I posted) has the three connecitons (RCA, bluetooth and 3.5 jack), which the latter override the former connection. Not sure about getting power to it, the guy in the video shows the cables it comes with to connect up to power.
I hope he posts a follow up video after install. That would answer a lot of questions.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, looks like it does. Hopefully his follow up confirms it. Add that and upgrade the existing speakers and it seems to be the route to go. I know those sound bars have plenty of base. The lack of base bothers me the most about the OEM system.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It looks like it literally is right behind your head
Right? Like why can’t it be level with the toolbar and not below it? Or is that too much torque from bouncing and gravity?

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right? Like why can’t it be level with the toolbar and not below it? Or is that too much torque from bouncing and gravity?
don't know, unless it interferes with hard / soft top

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just got back from the dealer. It's pretty loud. This was on volume 20. I haven't heard a stock system so I can't compare though sadly. Can't say its worth ~$800, but it was pretty loud. The factory speakers up front start distorting before it does so you'll have to play with the fade and whatnot. I did not get a chance too. The video will not upload here I'll have to figure that out later this evening

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got back from the dealer. It's pretty loud. This was on volume 20. I haven't heard a stock system so I can't compare though sadly. Can't say its worth ~$800, but it was pretty loud. The factory speakers up front start distorting before it does so you'll have to play with the fade and whatnot. I did not get a chance too. The video will not upload here I'll have to figure that out later this evening
A simple upgrade of the shit speakers Ford uses and it'll be well worth the money spent.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A simple upgrade of the shit speakers Ford uses and it'll be well worth the money spent.
that is what I am thinking...watching others put in new 4.5" in dash and 6" in kick panel to see how it sounds with soundbar also.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RCA and 3.5 connections are low line level signal inputs. You'd normally grab that connection from the head unit, before the amp.
Speaker level inputs are "high" level inputs and you wouldn't want to connect them directly to the RCA inputs.
They make, or at least, used to make, speaker level to RCA adapters for driving amps from factory speakers. Like this one. Says it can handle 55 watts. I have no idea what wattage the Ford system is pushing to the rear speakers. You'd need 2, one for each channel (left and right).
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646KILO/Kicker-46KiSLOC.html

Also possible the factory Ford system has existing, or Ford accessory, line level outputs for hooking up additional amp/speakers.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's a short clip. Hard to tell sound quality through a video I know, but it's better than nothing or until you can here one yourself. Not sure how long it will last on Youtube before it gets copyright struck.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If this does not include a powered amp, then likely the volume is achieved through higher SPL (efficiency). Other posts have indicated that the rear speakers have a passive software filter to reduce bass (this may be the 'flashing' indicated earlier in the thread---to lower the filter allowing a little more bass).

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What interests me in the accessories market is a means to attach wakeboard speakers via a (better designed) bar than in the picture. My thinking is a bar that attaches to the speaker pod points, extends in about 5 inches on either side, then bends upward to fit flush with the roof bar. That way you could mount two 6" pods (or a 6x9, oriented vertically.) You wouldn't lose much visibility in this setup. This would be a great product for a company like Rockville to develops. They make cast aluminum wakeboard pods for aftermarket speakers.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, I can imagine top down music without an external amp. Apparently, there is a convenient firewall pass through on the driver side built in---no drilling! If you want to avoid taking the dash apart, the 6.5" kick panel speakers can be used to splice in a feed to the high level amp inputs on practically every amp made today.
Sponsored