Sponsored

JBL Sound Bar accessory review / impressions?

RyanS

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford JBL soundbar is hardwired into the vehicle in place of the rear speaker pods. It replaces the factory 4" cardboard cone coaxial speakers with 4x 4" subs and 2x 2" tweeters. It is not self powered via an integrated amp, but when the dealer flashes the ACM it reconfigures the EQ sending 200W to the soundbar. Specs below, install instructions attached.​

Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz
Maximum SPL: 100dB
Power Handling: 100Wx2
Driver Complement: 4 x 4" (100mm) long excursion
woofers; 2 x 2" (50mm) Edge-Driven Dome Tweeters
About time someone put up the information i needed. I don't like the way the soundbar sits and I am thinking of going with tower speakers like you would find on a wake board boat. MBquarts or JL audio or Wetsounds makes some nice ones, but they need more power and frequency range then those 4" stock drivers. i can work with 100Wx2.
Thanks
Sponsored

Gigā€™em Broncos Guy

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my JBL and was installed on my 2dr MIC top last week. it is AMAZING!!! i am able to adjust and connect via blue-tooth. i post video if anyone wants.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

besides this JBL Soundbarā€¦what is an alternative, easy install solution for a Bronco audio upgrade?

MegKendrick

Outer Banks
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered my JBL and was installed on my 2dr MIC top last week. it is AMAZING!!! i am able to adjust and connect via blue-tooth. i post video if anyone wants.
Question you had to get it connected into the sound system from Ford right?

Sponsored

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ā€˜90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Please do not post information that you do not know. If you know it only connects via Bluetooth, show us how you know, as many want confirmation either way.. I keep seeing you or others posting it only connects to unit through Bluetooth. I have posted several times my quick research on the JBL site and Crutchfield, and while I am still trying to confirm it is the same that I ordered, I do not see any other that JBL makes. The one I have posted about has RCAā€™s, Bluetooth and 3.5 jack, the latter overriding the former when connected.
is the one that you ordered the one through Ford, for the bronco?

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is the one that you ordered the one through Ford, for the bronco?
yes. Dealer installed it. It is not powered, is wired to head unit and connects where the rear speakers were. It is not bluetooth. It sounds great, and volume is loud even with top down. As others mentioned, you cannot see out the back, especially with a soft top down...however, I am used to it and rely on my mirrors, and backup camera.

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ā€˜90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yes. Dealer installed it. It is not powered, is wired to head unit and connects where the rear speakers were. It is not bluetooth. It sounds great, and volume is loud even with top down. As others mentioned, you cannot see out the back, especially with a soft top down...however, I am used to it and rely on my mirrors, and backup camera.
thanks for the info! Iā€™m considering it. How is the bass? Not that I need to vibrate, itā€™s just totally lacking with the base audio system.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for the info! Iā€™m considering it. How is the bass? Not that I need to vibrate, itā€™s just totally lacking with the base audio system.
Definitely gives more bass, but not like having a good subā€¦for most rock / blues it fills out the low end well, but doesnā€™t ā€œthumpā€

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s essentially a pre-order. Theyā€™ll send it to you once theyā€™re released. But nobody knows when that is yet.
Did you order from there? I can't tell if it is a reputable place!

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone buy the JBL sound bar accessory VM2DZ-18808-J(2Dr) and VM2DZ-18808-K(4Dr) with their Bronco yet? I have been really curious about this product. Would love a review, before I purchase one.

Screenshot_20210625-100716~2.png
I was tempted by these, but don't want to lose that much rear view to the speaker. Definitely shop around as I found them for hundreds less than the Ford site pricing.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering the same. I hope/wish there is a way to hardwire it rather than Bluetooth. Love JBL but to get a seamless sync would be ideal.
There's a post on here somewhere for someone that installed one. Pretty sure they said the wires were all there. Try on YouTube?

talbot74

Black Diamond
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

besides this JBL Soundbarā€¦what is an alternative, easy install solution for a Bronco audio upgrade?
Did you ever upgrade anything? I have adapters coming in today to finish updating the two 4'' speakers in the dash and the two 4'' speakers in the rollbar. Might do kick panels later on but want to replace the paper 4'' OEM they have in there now. When you only fade to the OEM roll bar speakers it sounds like a phone playing in a red solo cup lol. Following this video for the dash and roll bar upgrades to the kickers -

Only other difference is I ordered these adapters instead - https://www.amazon.com/dp/[banned vendor link]?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Rabeka

Big Bend
First Name
Rabeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone buy the JBL sound bar accessory VM2DZ-18808-J(2Dr) and VM2DZ-18808-K(4Dr) with their Bronco yet? I have been really curious about this product. Would love a review, before I purchase one.

Screenshot_20210625-100716~2.png
Has anyone purchased this yet? I just bought my bronco a week ago and I'd like a better sound system.
Sponsored