Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw that there is a JBL sound bar listed in the accessory catalog that just came out that is not compatible with the B&O sound system. Anyone else thinking of cutting the Lux package and putting the sound bar in after?
Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nah, I'm getting Lux largely for the adaptive cruise control. B&O and charge pads are just some icing on top.

After driving with ACC, I really needed on whatever new car I ended up with.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

thought the sound bar was just a Bluetooth speaker for camping or tailgating.
I'm thinking Ben is right.

If we're off the mark I would bet the basic radio wouldn't have enough power to make much difference.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use one of those JBL J4's for tailgating. It's a small sound bar, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn.....

My5Z2DO.gif

DOES IT SOUND GOOD!!!

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not a huge audiophile, but I am a huge lover of JBL products. My mother in laws F150 platinum had B&O and it was good but not great. I only tested it out a few times so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Its a big upgrade from factory speakers but not as good as some other premium soundsystems such as Rockford Fosgate, Bose, Sonos, Etc. I have some Bose products still but I prefer JBL over them, with the exception of Bose headphones.

Bronqo

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F&I

Outer Banks
First Name
LANDIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F-150 PLATINUM & 20 EXPLORER ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw that there is a JBL sound bar listed in the accessory catalog that just came out that is not compatible with the B&O sound system. Anyone else thinking of cutting the Lux package and putting the sound bar in after?
We added the JBL sound bar to our base model demo at the dealership & I was under impressed…. I was expecting WAY better sound with it and was let down. The whole system lacks bass and a subwoofer is what’s really needed. I’m a huuuuuuge B&O fan. I have it in my wife’s 20 Explorer ST & in my 21 F-150. The sound quality is incredible. So, I’m anxious to her it in our Bronco when it gets here!!

OP
OP
JRHEXP

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We added the JBL sound bar to our base model demo at the dealership & I was under impressed…. I was expecting WAY better sound with it and was let down. The whole system lacks bass and a subwoofer is what’s really needed. I’m a huuuuuuge B&O fan. I have it in my wife’s 20 Explorer ST & in my 21 F-150. The sound quality is incredible. So, I’m anxious to her it in our Bronco when it gets here!!
Thanks for the feedback! I have the B&O in my 21 Explorer and I like it too. I have been reading where some have changed speakers in the base system I may do that and see how it sounds.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Saw this video recently. An alternative option with a built in amp.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't see how a sound bar that far back in the truck will do much good in the front. I prefer my music to come from in front of me. You'll also make rear passenger's ears bleed if you set it loud enough to be loud up front. Plus it takes away what little rear view you have anyways, all together a no go for me. Add a sub somewhere, upgrade speakers, see where that gets you. Personally I'd find this sound bar to always be in the way. Just not my thing.
If the B&O I'm getting doesn't do it, I'll see what I can do to upgrade. I don't expect a system where you can hear me coming home from 3 blocks away.
Sponsored