TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got my JCR Bull Bar after about ~6weeks of lead time.

Arrived in great shape.
Well packaged with forming foam.

Install was super easy.

Only issue was when tightening some of the bolts it chipped the powder coat finish around them 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond FF239621-567F-4470-8488-962589DEE9A0

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond BAFCE3B5-C447-4247-BF5F-85EDBE577E05

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond D58B8F06-5B85-4C8C-AA0A-D73931A37BD2

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond 9F26FDBB-3A1E-4A69-B5BC-8A48D34DF215

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond E690F112-33ED-4D80-A515-75E469AF67A3

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond 45C40148-4129-49FA-A9C3-F6D4FBE6A2DC

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond ED742315-3732-464A-B837-2F932CECDC25

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond 55D187DB-E72E-4CCA-8BCB-1B4B3FA25EE7

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond C8852645-F54C-42B5-9DB0-42AB6486C9A6

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond 23DB9E53-F326-4487-9461-FBBA38FBE051
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning towards their other full width bull bar that isn't quite as bulky as that one.
But sometimes I consider the extra whitetail protection your bar will give.

NOw that you have it on, what are your thoughts?
I've not seen one in person and sometimes photos just don't do the trick or do it any justice.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm leaning towards their other full width bull bar that isn't quite as bulky as that one.

I've not seen one in person and sometimes photos just don't do the trick or do it any justice.
Mine needed a little ratchet strap persuasion to spread the bar but mounted fine. I purchased some fiber washers to place under the bolts to prevent powder coat chipping.

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond 5CB4571C-7394-462A-9C65-4076B640FD2E

OP
OP
TallDude

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Now that I have it on, I wish someone had told me to get some fiber washers before installing it 😅. I really like the looks of it. It's pretty sturdy, it does move a little bit, it's not what I would consider "rock solid" but it's sturdy. I can move the whole bronco with it and I see the bumper moving a bit too. It's bolted on tight for sure. I was going for a certain aesthetic with it, and I do not regret it at all. Now, it's day1, we'll see how it ages and how I like it over time. For my set up too, with the high winch mount, I like how it surrounds it all.

Mine needed a little ratchet strap persuasion to spread the bar but mounted fine. I purchased some fiber washers to place under the bolts to prevent powder coat chipping.
That looks great! I wish I knew about the fabric washers beforehand 😬. How sturdy/solid does that bar feel bolted on? Any flex or movement?

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Exact setup (bull bar and winch mount) that I will likely go with.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, what we have here in a single thread, is the bumper add on I should get - bull bar. Then there’s the one I’ll probably get - prerunner. I just like it more.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went with the Baja bar. Should be tall enough to cover a deer strike. Fortunately have not had to test that theory yet...

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that I have it on, I wish someone had told me to get some fiber washers before installing it 😅. I really like the looks of it. It's pretty sturdy, it does move a little bit, it's not what I would consider "rock solid" but it's sturdy. I can move the whole bronco with it and I see the bumper moving a bit too. It's bolted on tight for sure. I was going for a certain aesthetic with it, and I do not regret it at all. Now, it's day1, we'll see how it ages and how I like it over time. For my set up too, with the high winch mount, I like how it surrounds it all.

That looks great! I wish I knew about the fabric washers beforehand 😬. How sturdy/solid does that bar feel bolted on? Any flex or movement?
The prerunner bar is very solid, no movement at all. The full coverage bar looks great on these, but its taller height is a greater leverage arm to pull against.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love my pre-runner bar. Need to make a decision on whether I go with bumper mounted lights or a winch plate.

Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All im gonna say is fitment on mine was a little off and took a little bit of persuasion to get it to fit. Once it was on, the bars are a little unever in proximity to the headlamp. The passenger side seems to have a finger gap between the bar and the body, the driver side has about a two finger gap so noticeable difference.

Although the symmetry is off, the build quality is really good. On top of that, the bar can take a 45mph impact like a champ. I was worried the impact would finally cause the bars to make contact with the body but surprisingly, there was absolutely no movement whatsoever.

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond 20220914_185407

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All im gonna say is fitment on mine was a little off and took a little bit of persuasion to get it to fit. Once it was on, the bars are a little unever in proximity to the headlamp. The passenger side seems to have a finger gap between the bar and the body, the driver side has about a two finger gap so noticeable difference.

Although the symmetry is off, the build quality is really good. On top of that, the bar can take a 45mph impact like a champ. I was worried the impact would finally cause the bars to make contact with the body but surprisingly, there was absolutely no movement whatsoever.

Ford Bronco JCR Bull Bar Bolt-on Hoop installed on 2022 Black Diamond 20220914_185407
The driver side on mine is slightly closer than the passenger side on mine, but not nearly that much, and certainly not enough for me to fret about it too much. Hope everyone was ok after that collision!

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The driver side on mine is slightly closer than the passenger side on mine, but not nearly that much, and certainly not enough for me to fret about it too much. Hope everyone was ok after that collision!
Lol I guess we can either have it one way or the other but no symmetry.

Thank you! This accident happened in Sept. Bronco is since back on the road and with improvements!

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol I guess we can either have it one way or the other but no symmetry.

Thank you! This accident happened in Sept. Bronco is since back on the road and with improvements!
Yeah it's really small potatoes on mine. My OCD wants to measure everything and get it all symmetrical but I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Glad to hear it's back on the road. Hopefully the wait wasn't too bad, though I'm sure it felt like forever.
Sponsored