First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently I have a Badlands model coming in a week and would like to replace the stock skid plates. I kind of settled on JCR or RCI skid plates for a modification. I aready ordered the RCI Rock Rails and awaiting delivery. Does anyone have an opinion on either brand and will installing the RCI skids make any difference in my decision. Also, for servicing such as oil, transmission fluid, etc., do all plates have to be removed or those just site specific. Any user opions are also appreciated.
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use both companies for various things and they are both make great products. I went with the RCI aluminum skids because I've used them before on my old 4Runner and I think they are slightly easier to install.

My suggestion is to review the install process for both and determine which you are more comfortable with. Then see which has the best price at the moment.

I have RCI full skids on now, have a fuel skid waiting to be put on, and a set of their A-arm skids on the way. I Also have the JCR Offroad front bumper, engine cover, tailgate table as well.

My RCI skids video:

JCR's skid install video:

OP
OP

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input on the skid plates and JcR has a great video on installing their product. Seems a little more beefier in places and a bit more of a puzzle to put together. I have not found any other video on the RCI’s install but seems like just a bolt on?. How about maintenance access and durability on the trail? Thanks in advance👍

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the input on the skid plates and JcR has a great video on installing their product. Seems a little more beefier in places and a bit more of a puzzle to put together. I have not found any other video on the RCI’s install but seems like just a bolt on?. How about maintenance access and durability on the trail? Thanks in advance👍
It is a bolt on for sure. I've had my Bronco serviced at the Dealership twice and not issues, the front engine cover is super easy to remove when needed.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TBH, I just re-watched the JCR video and the RCI is a lot easier to install and easier to remove for oil changes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got the JCR skids and they weren’t at all difficult to install. I also installed a Ronin drain plug and can attach a hose to that so I don’t have to remove the front engine skid ever again.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands