Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just spend another $1,000 or so and buy the Vanguard bumper with that pre-runner. Voila, problem solved:LOL::ROFLMAO:!

763D174A-958B-4769-89E2-771E3EF02A70.jpeg

D8597494-9DE2-4767-A7FD-91BBC2588AB5.jpeg
The vanguard doesn't meet flush with the factory skid plates. :(

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JcrOffroad:

Brian, can you please tell me what the torque spec is for the Prerunner bolts? Thanks.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vanguard doesn't meet flush with the factory skid plates. :(
Wait what? So is there just a small gap or? I was just going to get the Vanguard for my Badlands/SAS but didn't know this. Any pics?

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are working on a low bar for a 30” light bar.
Any progress on this? Also are you just making a bar mount or offering the actual light bar?

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. It continues to climb unfortunately. We are having shipping dimension issues with UPS and FedEx. It’s getting flagged as oversized #2, which is $150 oversized fee. At this point, we are trying negotiate it under that threshold. The price was increased to cover the shipping fee.

It’s a crazy frustrating time to be a manufacturer. Our raw materials went up 130% over one year. Shipping companies are back to zinging us with every fee and fuel surcharges. At the same time, employees are costing more than ever if we can get them.

We are doing our best to hold pricing, but I don’t expect this madness to be over anytime soon. I’d expect continued price increases everywhere, not just on bronco parts.
Yep...understand your pain. Alot of people who don't work in any kind of manufacturing field may not know anything about this. Remember 4-5 months ago when the economists were saying, "it's gonna get worse, before it gets better!". Well, I think we are there. Every pillar of manufacturing has been effected...particularly raw material costs/demand, logistics and personnel. All you can do is keep on trucking. Love what you guys are building. If I ever get my Bronco, I hope to spend some money your way. Cheers.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait what? So is there just a small gap or? I was just going to get the Vanguard for my Badlands/SAS but didn't know this. Any pics?
I send in a note on their website and they told me that there is a small gap. No photos.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tight as you can go with a ratchet
The bolts appear to be M8-1.25 x 30 mm Class 8.8 flange head bolts made by Jinan Star Fastener Co., Ltd in China (Manufacturer's Mark "01RL"), so I'm going to assume the max torque spec is 26 Nm (19 ft lb). Therefore, keeping it under 20 Nm should be fine. 🤷‍♂️

:: EDIT :: - I stopped at 15 Nm, since the captive nuts on the bumper are probably weaker than the new Grade 8 bolts. I didn’t want to strip any of those threads.

Last edited:

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep...understand your pain. Alot of people who don't work in any kind of manufacturing field may not know anything about this. Remember 4-5 months ago when the economists were saying, "it's gonna get worse, before it gets better!". Well, I think we are there. Every pillar of manufacturing has been effected...particularly raw material costs/demand, logistics and personnel. All you can do is keep on trucking. Love what you guys are building. If I ever get my Bronco, I hope to spend some money your way. Cheers.
And shipping is crazy too. I found d a guy on FB marketplace selling his prerunner bar for $300 but shipping from WA to TN the cheapest I found was $330

DillyCrack

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installed my winch and winch plate today. Had a hard time getting bolts in these holes and had to open one up on each side. One was very minor but the one below needed a lot of trimming. After that it was nice an easy but just wanted to throw that out there for anyone else who has a problem.

8BA05214-EA59-497D-8DB5-74C21FCC8C88.jpeg

80B6071F-4012-46FE-AB2C-95948FA5B2F4.jpeg

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed my winch and winch plate today. Had a hard time getting bolts in these holes and had to open one up on each side. One was very minor but the one below needed a lot of trimming. After that it was nice an easy but just wanted to throw that out there for anyone else who has a problem.

8BA05214-EA59-497D-8DB5-74C21FCC8C88.jpeg

80B6071F-4012-46FE-AB2C-95948FA5B2F4.jpeg
Only on one side? This seems very strange since the nuts are on a floating nut plate with lots of adjustment.

Did you happen to do one bolt at a time or something and fully tightened them before getting things lined up?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.