First Name
bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, just wow. Out of curiosity I looked up a set of tires for the bronco. BFG K02 are $2250! In line with the other top contenders. Good grief, I had no freaken idea tires were going to set me back 2 racks! Hopefully I donā€™t need them for 2 more years.
I've had 3 tires replaced, and a set of glass, and yes, that's an exorbitant price. You enjoy it when you're driving the car for a spin, and you feel suffocated whenever a part needs to be replaced, which is a huge number.

Sponsored

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Worth while to note C-rated tires are better for on/off-roading comfort as well. The have a little more "softness" than E-rated tries. (That said, E-rated tires are a little more robust and resistant to pinch flats, so there is some trade-offs.)
So which load should I go with? I would say I only go offroad a couple of times a month. Most of my driving is paved or gravel roads. And when I do go off road its generally just through big mud holes. I'm thinking I'd be fine with C rated.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So which load should I go with? I would say I only go offroad a couple of times a month. Most of my driving is paved or gravel roads. And when I do go off road its generally just through big mud holes. I'm thinking I'd be fine with C rated.
We typically only recommend going up to an E rated for 2 reasons:

1: If you are towing near the vehicles maximum on a regular basis the heavier tire construction will run cooler and would likely last longer so jumping to the E rated would be a benefit.

2: If you are regularly traversing sharp obstacles or are off-road on a regular basis, the E rated tire construction can add some peace of mind when off-roading.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We typically only recommend going up to an E rated for 2 reasons:

1: If you are towing near the vehicles maximum on a regular basis the heavier tire construction will run cooler and would likely last longer so jumping to the E rated would be a benefit.

2: If you are regularly traversing sharp obstacles or are off-road on a regular basis, the E rated tire construction can add some peace of mind when off-roading.
Cool, thanks for the response!

89PACHANGA

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes CLS, LR Defnder 110, BMW M4, Bronco 2DRBL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, just wow. Out of curiosity I looked up a set of tires for the bronco. BFG K02 are $2250! In line with the other top contenders. Good grief, I had no freaken idea tires were going to set me back 2 racks! Hopefully I donā€™t need them for 2 more years.

Awaiting delivery of my 2 Dr. BL with LT285/70/17 AT Tires, I am taking all off and going with another brand. I believe these are BFG's on truck.
If interested in 5 tires will sell for half of your quoted 2250.00 plus shipping, I am in Coastal Virginia.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heh... what @Discount Tire said. (I was going to say effectively the same thing.)

You can also look for D-rated tires... which is kind of the "in-between" tire but those are relatively rare these days.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big tires big bucks that is how it goes, and one reason I'm happy with the base tires and 16" rims. I use my Bronco as a daily driver and not into rock crawling, so the base tires are great. I may upgrade to a more aggressive AT tire, there are plenty of options with the 16" rims.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just picked up 5 KO2s (315/70/17) from FB market place for $1250. Only 1100 miles from a jeep 392 with the extreme recon package

ERock62

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need to buy 37's for my F250 in my AV.

Holding off as long as I can because I will be doing 2.5" Carli suspension also. Rip $$$$$

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just picked up 5 KO2s (315/70/17) from FB market place for $1250. Only 1100 miles from a jeep 392 with the extreme recon package
Thatā€™s bad ass! I may re-join FB marketplace for that deal.
Sponsored