GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where did I say the 2.7 lacks power?
It came across that way and just was curious being I just towed a trailer to Fl and back from Va 1000 miles each way. I was blown a way how she towed like nothing. Not attacking you I am asking a question and did not know if you still have your Bronco.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It came across that way and just was curious being I just towed a trailer to Fl and back from Va 1000 miles each way. I was blown a way how she towed like nothing. Not attacking you I am asking a question and did not know if you still have your Bronco.
I still have it, I usually trade every 6 months but there isn’t anything out I want right now. I was working a deal on another fully built 392 but thought it was unnecessary to have two of them. They offered 81k on trade and it was tempting but I walked. The 2.7 is hands down better than the 3.6 pentastar but it’s not even in the same ball park as the 392. I know the 5.0 is only 70 HP more than the 2.7 but if ford dropped it in I’d be beating down the dealers door. If I keep this bronco long term I can see myself swapping a V8 into it.

OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still have it, I usually trade every 6 months but there isn’t anything out I want right now. I was working a deal on another fully built 392 but thought it was unnecessary to have two of them. They offered 81k on trade and it was tempting but I walked. The 2.7 is hands down better than the 3.6 pentastar but it’s not even in the same ball park as the 392. I know the 5.0 is only 70 HP more than the 2.7 but if ford dropped it in I’d be beating down the dealers door. If I keep this bronco long term I can see myself swapping a V8 into it.
The 2.7 does it’s job. It’s a good employee. The 392 or just about any other v8 is much more enjoyable to drive imo. Gen 2 raptor …love the 6.2…does the 3.5tt make more power and torque…yep. But it’s boring. Sounds like a vacuum. I like my cars like my women. Make some noise when I get on em…lol. Lol.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree with you that the 392 rides better than the bronco. I feel the wranglers interior is put together with nicer materials, It’s almost like ford blew their budget on design and then had to skimp on the interior. I’d much rather touch soft rubber or the fake leather wrapped dash than hard plastic. I know the bronco doesn’t need a V8, but it really needs a V8. It’s pretty awesome stomping the skinny pedal and hearing the V8 roar and all 4 wheels spinning. I have to give a big thank ford for pissing me off enough to order a 392.
It needs a nitro burning v8
Something rebuildable in frame every 1000 miles would be nice.

that and no spare on the backs just twin parachutes and a wheelie bar

well, that and maybe a c8 corvette with a 5th wheel over the engine bay

dirt guy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badland /1978 bronco / 2022 f350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First Impressions : I have @ 1000 miles logged on the Bronco now...So its broken in a bit....motor, suspension, brakes,etc...
The RIde (Suspension, braking, exhaust, transmission, Handling)

Jeep Purchase price $82K
Bronco Purchase Price $58K (advantage Bronco)

Suspension: Advantage Jeep 392---The Bronco suspension is a little harsh---not obnoxious---but the spring rates are set firmer than the 392...The 392's fox shocks are suprisingly plush and very comfortable on and off road. I was hoping the Wildtrak would have a suspension similiar to the Raptor...more Baja mode...I know that is not its primary purpose ---but I was hoping for a plush ride with lots of wheel travel....On smoother roads...the firmer suspension of the Bronco pays huge dividends. Maybe a coil over suspension mod wil address to meet my liking....tbd.

Braking: Advatage Bronco---Not even close here...The Bronco has much better pedal feel and stops easily --straight as an arrow ---The Jeep brakes are fine but definitely dont inspire confidence---not unsafe but definitely not straight either. The Jeep is ridiculously fast so at sane speeds, the brakes are fine....

Exhaust: Jeep wins easliy here...The Bronco sounds like a car....the motor sounds agricultural as it revsvs...which is doesnt have to off road...so it works ...but it sounds like crap. The Gen 3 raptor exhaust sounds pretty good and it grows on you....I was hoping Ford would put the Gen 3 raptor motor in the Bronco Raptor...no dice. Exercising your right foot in the Jeep is great (the V8 sounds wonderful and factory exhaust is perfect...how is it available from the manufacturer? Im glad it is)

Transmission: Advantage Jeep---The ZF 8 Speed in the Jeep is tuned perfectly...it never misses a beat or misses a shift...The Bronco transmission isn't bad, but occasionally it misses an upshift or is slow to respond. It reminds me of the tuning in my old gen 2 raptor...that transmission needed a tune to work properly...The Gen 3 raptor transmission is just about perfect ...so maybe Ford can program or COBB can flash a better tuning strategy?

Handling: Major Advantage Bronco!!! The Jeep does not handle...it is like driving a boat...you just point it in the general direction and keep giving constant steering inputs to maintain a straightline. It doesn't bother me but it takes constant effort and attention to drive at speeds over 55MPH....The Bronco has better steering handling response than a Merc Gwagon--which also has an independent front suspension ....The Bronco is effortless on the freeway and on the dirt ...Offf...fire roads @35-45mph are piece of cake.

It looks like a tie regarding initial impressions only...I am going to do more driving and provide some more feedack. Areas like build qulality and interior/exterior fit finish are areas will be next...Cheers
nice looking trucks i do a lot of back country wheeling and have owned many jeeps and find the diesel in the jeep best for what i do the comfort level sucks in the jeep for me the bronco i can go for hours and now that i have it set up i can do every thing the jeep could do with ease i do put mine on rocks Rubicon Johnson valley and bronco has been flawless

Sponsored

mmmeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the transmission after another 3 or 4000 miles. I just crossed 5k on mine and I felt the same way about it at first, but for at least the last 2000 miles it's been flawless.

Larsf

Badlands
First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, if you could only keep one of these 4 SUVs (Bronco, 392, G-wagon, Rivian), which would it be and why?
Sponsored