BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I read where the Bronco was 3-4” wider. Sounds like a little, but is actually a lot. A good example would be Ranger interior.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mikeheel

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wrangler interior (4-door):
Front Hip Room 53.9 in.
Front Leg Room 41.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room 55.7 in.

Bronco interior (4-door):
Front Hip Room 55.9 in.
Front Leg Room 43.1 in.
Front Shoulder Room 57.1 in.

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler_4xe.2021.html#/model/CUJ202117

On a direct comparison level, I like the Bronco more, of course. But the idea of a brick with wheels averaging 50mpg does get my attention. I had kinda expected the pricing to end up even more significantly higher than the Bronco.

I'm not giving up my place in line for a Bronco, but I am more intrigued by this Jeep offering than I have been by any other.
It doesn't get 50 mpg. It's 50 MPGe for the 25 mile electric range. The total range is being advertised at ~400 miles. With a 17.2 gallon tank, that's around 23 mpg...

That said, my wife and I decided to order one. I have a 7/15 Bronco reservation and have been excited all along. My wife is a Jeep fan who has never owned one and was reluctantly on board for the Bronco. Whenever I compared my 2 door Outer Banks build vs a similar Wrangler, the Bronco always came out on top in value:cost.

However the 4xe changed that for me. We checked out a Wrangler with the sky 1 touch top and realized we would really enjoy having that feature. There will be days where I wish I could take the whole roof off but, overall, the 1 touch top will get used a lot more. No worrying about changing weather, where to put the top, or the time it takes to remove it.

So, our loaded up Sahara came out to just over $58k. We negotiated 8% off msrp and will get the full $7500 tax rebate (over $12k off msrp in total). The bottom line? It's only gonna cost ~$1500 more than my Outer Banks 2 door build was going to cost at Granger, but will have leather (in a color I'm excited about!), more power than either Bronco engine, more space, and theoretically more efficiency. I decided those features plus the sky one touch top were easily worth the extra $1500 for me... And my wife is super excited to be getting a Wrangler.

Gonna keep my reservation open until 2022 Bronco features are announced but, frankly, I anticipate being happy with the Jeep at least until Ford makes a version of the Bronco that directly competes.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler_4xe.2021.html#/model/CUJ202117

You can build out either a Sahara, Rubicon, or High Altitude.

I've played with it some this afternoon. I end up at about same price or slightly higher than my Bronco build: 58.5k (Sahara), 59.5k (High Altitude) and 63.5k (Rubicon).

The Bronco Badlands build I keep coming up with is right at 59k. My reservation with Stephens in WVa, and they have a good deal @ 1k below invoice. Jeep usually has good leases and some solid pricing discounts, but I don't know how they'll do this particular model.

On a direct comparison level, I like the Bronco more, of course. But the idea of a brick with wheels averaging 50mpg does get my attention. I had kinda expected the pricing to end up even more significantly higher than the Bronco.

I'm not giving up my place in line for a Bronco, but I am more intrigued by this Jeep offering than I have been by any other.

My Sahara build was $56K, you are missing the $7500 Federal credit + state incentives, some dealers are offering discounts too, my Sahara total cost went down to $40900 actually from $56000, but I still went with the Bronco 4 door OBX, $46K, it doesn't make sense but that's what my heart wanted :)

If I get screwed and not get MY21, I'll get a 4xe.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It doesn't get 50 mpg. It's 50 MPGe for the 25 mile electric range. The total range is being advertised at ~400 miles. With a 17.2 gallon tank, that's around 23 mpg...

That said, my wife and I decided to order one. I have a 7/15 Bronco reservation and have been excited all along. My wife is a Jeep fan who has never owned one and was reluctantly on board for the Bronco. Whenever I compared my 2 door Outer Banks build vs a similar Wrangler, the Bronco always came out on top in value:cost.

However the 4xe changed that for me. We checked out a Wrangler with the sky 1 touch top and realized we would really enjoy having that feature. There will be days where I wish I could take the whole roof off but, overall, the 1 touch top will get used a lot more. No worrying about changing weather, where to put the top, or the time it takes to remove it.

So, our loaded up Sahara came out to just over $58k. We negotiated 8% off msrp and will get the full $7500 tax rebate (over $12k off msrp in total). The bottom line? It's only gonna cost ~$1500 more than my Outer Banks 2 door build was going to cost at Granger, but will have leather (in a color I'm excited about!), more power than either Bronco engine, more space, and theoretically more efficiency. I decided those features plus the sky one touch top were easily worth the extra $1500 for me... And my wife is super excited to be getting a Wrangler.

Gonna keep my reservation open until 2022 Bronco features are announced but, frankly, I anticipate being happy with the Jeep at least until Ford makes a version of the Bronco that directly competes.

We get $2000 extra in CA, check your state, you may qualify for extra incentives.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrangler interior (4-door):
Front Hip Room 53.9 in.
Front Leg Room 41.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room 55.7 in.

Bronco interior (4-door):
Front Hip Room 55.9 in.
Front Leg Room 43.1 in.
Front Shoulder Room 57.1 in.
Do you have this Information for 2 doors?

OP
OP
mikeheel

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have this Information for 2 doors?
For the 2-door Bronco:
Front Hip Room 56.3 in.
Front Leg Room 43.1 in.
Front Shoulder Room 57.1 in

For the Jeep 2-door:
Front Hip Room 54 in.
Front Leg Room 41.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room 56 in.

Reactions: BD1

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we think there will be an electric/hybrid bronco?

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think many will be surprised how much the interior cabin width of Bronco will make it far less cramped than the Wrangler.
just a random thought.
Have you sat in both out of curiosity? I have a Wrangler that I like but it does feel cramped for long rides and it's a big reason I'm making the move to Bronco. If you have sat in both I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks in advance.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do we think there will be an electric/hybrid bronco?
We pretty much KNOW there will be one. Ranger as well. 2023 most likely unless there are further delays

OP
OP
mikeheel

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2023 might be overly ambitious for a hybrid Bronco. I dunno. I wish they had announced one at launch. We'll see. A hybrid Bronco would check every single box for me at this point - well, depending on interior options. ;-)
Sponsored