Sponsored

Jeep 4xe hybrid in showrooms December ----Ford Where Is Our Hybrid Bronco ? ? ? ?

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. It's time. But innovation is hard. Easier to refine an existing model to a hybrid, than design from the ground up. They have a hole in the lineup to patch. And they will.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's be honest also the Jeep hybrid is a joke when it comes to electric. Not sure how you can even get the tax break. On fully electric mood it gets less then 50 miles. Not sure how that classifies as electric. Pretty sure my daughter's power wheel can get 50 miles. And it's a Jeep Wrangler power wheel... I don't hold it against to much though.

20200901_161752.jpg

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so when the Bronco is out in a year from now we should have one :)
Rumor is it's a couple of years after launch

Let's be honest also the Jeep hybrid is a joke when it comes to electric. Not sure how you can even get the tax break. On fully electric mood it gets less then 50 miles. Not sure how that classifies as electric. Pretty sure my daughter's power wheel can get 50 miles. And it's a Jeep Wrangler power wheel... I don't hold it against to much though.
It gets 25 I think. Really pretty good for a hybrid.

Last edited:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is how much is a replacement battery? How often do I have to replace said battery? And to all the greenies out there how much pollutions to make said battery as well as recycling it if they can? In the end would it be cost effective. I have never owned a hybrid or electric vehicle.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, my biggest disappointment in all of this is that they are not offering some form of hybrid as an option at launch for the Bronco. So much so that I've thought about cancelling my reservation and waiting for the hybrid option to be offered (rumor is within 1-2 years?).

After looking into the 4xe, I have no temptation to switch to it for the PHEV option alone. I don't want a Wrangler... I want the Bronco. I'll probably go ahead with my launch Bronco without the hybrid option because I really don't want to wait another 1-2 years for this option alone.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let's be honest also the Jeep hybrid is a joke when it comes to electric. Not sure how you can even get the tax break. On fully electric mood it gets less then 50 miles. Not sure how that classifies as electric.
PHEVs don't have the same size battery as a full electric car (and they don't need to). The average PHEV can do 21 miles in pure electric mode. The best is the Honda Clarity PHEV at 47 miles.

But the point of a PHEV isn't its all-electric mileage, so ragging on that doesn't make any sense. The primary purpose is better gas mpg. All-electric range is just a bonus.

However, for those with a commute under the limit of the all electric range, it's a huge bonus. The average commute in America is 16 miles each way. If your PHEV electric range is 35 miles, you could conceivably do your daily driving on pure electric power (I'd personally save $100/month in gas costs if I was able to do this). But when you want to go further, the gas engine is there.