Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok so here it is....I was and am still in the Bronco camp. But I couldn't help myself but check out Jeep and Toyota. I was honestly pretty shocked when I walked in. I have never walked into 2 dealerships and walked out within the span of 10 minutes in each. The only reason I even went is cause I need a car by November.

I go to Jeep to potentially take a look at a Jeep 4xe. The sales guy pretty much brushed it off and was like nope not a penny less then MSRP and good luck waiting for one there's a "list" at the dealership when they come in. Fine I go to Toyota 4Runner is nice, but they dont have the one I want (Had like 2 and one was sold). So I ask to build it....at the MINIMUM 6 months right now to get your car.

So, long story short I know we have all been waiting a year and we all keep talking about how shity of a job Ford has done with this role out. Honestly, everyone is having a hard time. Doesn't excuse their ineptitude though. I mean come on 6 months to build a 4runner TRD Pro model that been around more then a decade?? This just solidified my decision to continue waiting for the car I really want.
Sponsored

Last edited:

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I just recently ordered a Jeep Grand Cherokee L for the wife. They had three, one was sold but all were higher trims and packages than I wanted. They gladly let us test drive what they had and we placed an order. It’ll be MSRP and yeah up to 12 weeks but I’m getting what I wanted. Not even 6 months ago the Toyota dealership wouldn’t stop waisting my time trying to get me to buy the upcharged crap they had on the lot instead of giving me any options to get what I wanted. I’ll take a pleasant sales person who gets their customer what they want and pay MSRP (minus a small military discount) in this day and age. Car buying changed a lot this past year. I’m just mad I’ll probably have a Jeep that was just announced this year, ordered last week, barely on dealer lots sooner than a Bronco I reserved over a year ago. Kind of a different feel even if I’m getting under invoice on the Bronco.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same realization…the 4Runner TRD Pro is going to take a long time to get. Toyota dealer said you don’t really order one, but rather, get on a list for dealers to scout and attempt to buy the moment they hit the shore. Not sure this person was 100% knowledgeable on the details, but im pretty sure after reading through the 4Runner forums that scoring a trd pro is virtually impossible this year. On average , a dealer may get a shot at one every 2 months.

proof is typically in the used car market. Youll see used MY21s ( and even MY20) right now going for 10k over MSRP. If used ones are going for that…I doubt we’re picking up one off the lot for 52k.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I go to Jeep to potentially take a look at a Jeep 4xe. The sales guy pretty much brushed it off and was like nope not a penny less then MSRP and good luck waiting its like 4 months to get.
if you look at wrangler forums there are dealers that do 6-8% under Invoice. A couple of the dealers that post here do, @DealerInsider I think does 6% under invoice. Also iirc yesterday was the last day you could order a 21 Wrangler or Gladiator, order banks for the 22's open in October.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you look wrangler forums there are dealers that do 6-8% under Invoice. A couple of the dealers that post here do, @DealerInsider I think does 6% under invoice. Also iirc yesterday was the last day you could order a 21 Wrangler or Gladiator, order banks for the 22's open in October.
I had read the same thing about 6-8% under invoice, but apparently dealerships around these parts have almost 0 inventory and wont budge.

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had read the same thing about 6-8% under invoice, but apparently dealerships around these parts have almost 0 inventory and wont budge.
Yea the closest dealer to me that does the discount is 8% under invoice but its 3.5 hours away. Worth it for that much of a savings tbh. Either that or a fly and drive. I would rather give my money to a dealer that actually interacts with the community like Granger or Dealerinsider than any of my local dealers.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out here in Cali, there is jeep dealer that is known for Several % under invoice. I got a quote from him a few weeks back, and he said he could only do 1% under invoice right now, plus another 1% if you join tread lightly.

For those that may not be aware, tread lightly is $100 per year membership and it gets you a Jeep at 1% under invoice.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger does Jeep as well, might be able to get a deal through them? Building anything right now will end up being tight though. You might be able to snipe something they've got scheduled for delivery though

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok so here it is....I was and am still in the Bronco camp. But I couldn't help myself but check out Jeep and Toyota. I was honestly pretty shocked when I walked in. I have never walked into 2 dealerships and walked out within the span of 10 minutes in each. The only reason I even went is cause I need a car by November.

I go to Jeep to potentially take a look at a Jeep 4xe. The sales guy pretty much brushed it off and was like nope not a penny less then MSRP and good luck waiting for one there's a "list" at the dealership when they come in. Fine I go to Toyota 4Runner is nice, but they dont have the one I want (Had like 2 and one was sold). So I ask to build it....at the MINIMUM 6 months right now to get your car.

So, long story short I know we have all been waiting a year and we all keep talking about how shity of a job Ford has done with this role out. Honestly, everyone is having a hard time. Doesn't excuse their ineptitude though. I mean come on 6 months to build a 4runner TRD Pro model that been around more then a decade?? This just solidified my decision to continue waiting for the car I really want.
You'd think by the constant player haters ball going on here that some magical dealerships are bursting at the seams with vehicle stocks... they're not. like you said everyone is hurting, used cars are getting ADM for crying out loud.

"They" make it seem like Ford is enjoying losing all of the money they could make from these unfulfilled bronco orders.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked out a Wrangler 4xe a couple months back too. Simply wanted to test drive one and see how it was (it had been years since I drove a Wrangler anyways).

I ended up leaving too, but that was more because I didn’t like the vehicle and it helped solidify my want/love for the Bronco. Whenever I get an urge to say “F it” and look at buying something else, I always smarten up and tell myself that waiting will be well-worth it.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, everyone is having a hard time. Doesn't excuse their ineptitude though. I mean come on 6 months to build a 4runner TRD Pro model that been around more then a decade?? This just solidified my decision to continue waiting for the car I really want.
Just to touch on this as someone who is waiting on a Toyota Tacoma Pro.

It could be 6 months....could be more...could be less.

Toyota doesn't build to order like we've experienced with the Bronco. Dealers submit allocation requests once or twice a month. You can't "order" a specific build. The dealer can just put in the request and hope that Toyota will build that vehicle.

I put a deposit down on a truck in February. My dealer didn't receive the allocation until late June. On the flip side....they could have, by chance, received the allocation a week after I put down my deposit. Depends on how many of the specific build Toyota will make, and, if they will be sent to other dealers first.

My specific build is probably one of the rarest builds Toyota will do in 2021. On top of that the Pro is a model that's limited from Toyota. They demand is higher than the supply on purpose.

My delivery is slated for late September. So I'll be at 7 months. Though I've seen others go from deposit to delivery in a month. Luck of the draw.

Toyota isn't having a hard time. The July sales, at least on the Tacoma, are some of the highest Toyota has seen. The demand has skyrocketed.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered my Jeep from Dealerinsider last week. So simple, I just wish I would of done it sooner but I was holding out hope Ford would bang the Broncos out.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd think by the constant player haters ball going on here that some magical dealerships are bursting at the seams with vehicle stocks... they're not. like you said everyone is hurting, used cars are getting ADM for crying out loud.

"They" make it seem like Ford is enjoying losing all of the money they could make from these unfulfilled bronco orders.
Yes. Everyone is hurting. I bought a new model year 1997 F150 back when they first released. I remember walking around Ricart Ford (a HUGE ford dealer in Ohio) and there seemed like there were 100s of brand new f150s. I could pick exactly the one I wanted from inventory. Short bed, short cab, black, manual 4x4 lever.

Those were the days.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. Everyone is hurting. I bought a new model year 1997 F150 back when they first released. I remember walking around Ricart Ford (a HUGE ford dealer in Ohio) and there seemed like there were 100s of brand new f150s. I could pick exactly the one I wanted from inventory. Short bed, short cab, black, manual 4x4 lever.

Those were the days.
Shoot I remember about 3 years ago, my dad went to buy an F150 and not only was the lot full, they had a ton of over stock in the back and he managed to find an overlooked king ranch diesel.
Its really eery to see how depleted dealerships are right now, its unamerican almost.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m considering a short term lease on a Jeep to hold me over for what is likely a year based on Ford not building my day 1. Has anyone ever tried any of the lease trader sites?? Looking for something short term to hit the trails now.
Sponsored