First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read somewhere the 'base' trim is called "Sixty-Six"....'omage to the initial model year
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw a financial report stating Ford's total market value (share price X #shares) would be higher if they continued the F150, but exited every other offering. Can't swear to the merit - just one analyst's opinion.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This may not be a question you can answer directly, but I'll give it a shot and try to word it as ambiguously as possible as your statement has me curious.

In your opinion, will both the people who want a hard core rock crawler and the people like me who want something more capable at speed be likely to be happy with what Ford has planned?

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The same Chevy that made fun of Ford's....
The Tailgate integrated step.
Anyone else remember the Dodge and Chevy commercials that specifically made fun of the tailgate step.

2009: Chevy Makes Fun of Ford:

2019 Chevy Copies Ford:

Only took them 10 years to catch up.

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As it is, buying a car is a HUGE PITA. To get a "real" price, I have to contact 5 dealers, play them off each other, and then still sit for 2 hours while the place I finally decide to buy at try to sell me add-ons, insurance, rust abatement, etc.... I watch my-inlaws and friends walk in to their "1" local dealer and walk out with the "Invoice Price" several thousand over what I paid. I actually have a friend that now just waits for me to buy a vehicle, gets my sales agreement with OTD price, and walks into the same dealer and says, "give me this deal". I get free beer, he also saves thousands.

If Ford said, here is THE price. You can get it from us at $XXk, but get tier 2 service from your dealer or pay $XX+$X for tier 1 service from your dealer (priority scheduling, set price oil changes on par with JiffyLube/Pronto, etc)..... I would pay more to support my local dealership.

There has to be a happy place where the manufacture gets their base cost, the dealership provides an open and transparent buying process, and most customers OTD is within 5% of every other buyer. Well, it would be great.

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, the new Trailblazer has an optional "ACTIV" trim level that provides additional ground clearance, wheels, and suspension tuning! I bet Ford marketing people are shaking in their boots!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would pay more to support my local dealership
I've not experienced ANY difference in post-sale support whether buying from said dealer...or shipping the vehicle in from Timbuktu. Perhaps I just naturally piss people off?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to see GM try something legit with Hummer, but I thought they sold the brand name off to some Chinese company during the bailouts? I will check on that...
Sponsored