Sponsored

Jeep brand has lowest reliability ranking according to CR...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The biggest fault with something like this is they are grouping by brand. You simply can't do that. A company that makes dozen different vehicles are going to have various degrees of success.

Taking these results and trying to apply them to Wrangler versus Bronco is ridiculous.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To me it's the biggest advantage for owning a Bronco over a Jeep.
Have you been a member of this forum long, read any posts? I'm kidding of course, but 70% of the topics are about something gone wrong with the Bronco.

I would take Jeeps QA on a wrangler over Fords QA on a Bronco right now. The only thing keeping me in Bronco land is the price and a couple of features.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
most jeep wranglers were bought to abuse off road ...ive not had probs with my 3 ...ford bronco is really first competitor so im sure it will get its share of abuse as well...on the plus the wrangler is #1 resale value and i predict bronco will take over that spot...
They sell a lot of jeeps. I'd venture to say most never see the off road. No denying the resale value though.

slypops

Badlands
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford F-150 4x4 , 11 JK wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Ford / Mercury taking 22 and 26 respectively perhaps we should not send this report to all our friends. Especially since my 10 yr old JK clutch has worked flawlessly; and every cold morning my Bronco clutch rattlies like a , well what a ratty 35 yr old Jeep sounds like. Just a dose of reality. Got my fingers crossed on the final tally but when we (11/15 ) lost our leader Dr Squatch (traded) due to a broken front dif in an iced parking lot, we have a journey ahead.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know about that. My '19 JL has been great. I've said this before, it's the Bronco that will have to prove itself out in the real world where it matters, not the Jeep.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have over 100,000 mikes on my TJ never any major issues. I have considered replacing it with another wrangler because I really have no desire to own a turbocharged vehicle but Ford doesn't give me a naturally aspirated option. It seems like quite a few people want to put Jeep down to make the Bronco look good. I think we should let the years of ownership determine real world experience instead.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And to follow up on my last post, as a current 4dr BL Bronco 2.7 owner (3500 miles), I have more confidence in my ‘05 LJ wrangler (108k miles and never been touched by a dealership in the last 80k miles) than the Bronco at this point. The other day, the Bronco’s passenger window wouldn't roll up. It just kept wanting to go down further. It was 20 degrees outside at the time. You should hear it’s cold start and Im not saying in a good way. My truck with the 3.5 has been to the dealership at least 3-4x for the cold start rattle/cam phasers/programming etc. issues. My pano sunroof hasn't functioned properly for the first 50k miles.

Everything is computer driven these days and I can always count on what I call the “gremlins” popping up at any given moment.

The fact that I can sit here and say that my previous LR3 Landrover was more reliable for 150k miles than my f150 for the first 50k miles says alot.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The biggest fault with something like this is they are grouping by brand. You simply can't do that. A company that makes dozen different vehicles are going to have various degrees of success.

Taking these results and trying to apply them to Wrangler versus Bronco is ridiculous.
CR reviews each individual model, with surveys of actual owners, not just the brand level. To understand CR and how to use their customer based survey reviews, it is good to look at the details page, either Overview or Reliability. This allows you to see problem areas and how it may or may not have improved model year over model year. Here are snapshots of the 22 Wrangler, 22 Bronco and 22 Explorer (so you can see a Ford model with history). When a vehicle is new, such as the Bronco, they look at the brand and models to create what CR calls "Predicted Reliability".

Consumer Reports' Car Reliability FAQ
When we have small sample sizes on vehicles, we may use brand history and the reliability of similar models that may share major components. This gives us the ability to predict reliability of brand-new vehicles or ones that have been recently redesigned. We will only publish the data if we feel the sample size is sufficiently large and indicative of the model.
Ford Bronco Jeep brand has lowest reliability ranking according to CR... 1645276044410

Ford Bronco Jeep brand has lowest reliability ranking according to CR... 1645276335536

Ford Bronco Jeep brand has lowest reliability ranking according to CR... 1645276118540

Ford Bronco Jeep brand has lowest reliability ranking according to CR... 1645276171265

Ford Bronco Jeep brand has lowest reliability ranking according to CR... 1645276494607

Last edited:

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What do you think I bought my wife?, yes, a Subaru.
My wife and I are sailing into retirement within a year or so. We decided to each get a new vehicle to get started in that. Of course, I picked a Bronco (re-thinking that a bit). I told her she should get anything she wants from a used Pinto to a Benz, totally her call. As you might guess, she wants…a Subaru Outback. Too damn funny.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep has always sucked on consumer reports. I remember in the late 90s I was researching with my dad what my first car was going to be. I couldn’t afford much and I remember him getting pissed because I kept looking at wranglers. Jeep always had little full and half red circles across most categories.

I still purchased a wrangler. It never gave me issues. It also created a love for doorless vehicles. Treat your vehicle well and it will treat you well.

You can’t avoid some shit like a blown 2.7 or a ripped timing chain off an Audi after 100k miles. you can still have a great time with your vehicle no matter how shitty of a review you have on CR.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep has always sucked on consumer reports. I remember in the late 90s I was researching with my dad what my first car was going to be. I couldn’t afford much and I remember him getting pissed because I kept looking at wranglers. Jeep always had little full and half red circles across most categories.

I still purchased a wrangler. It never gave me issues. It also created a love for doorless vehicles. Treat your vehicle well and it will treat you well.

You can’t avoid some shit like a blown 2.7 or a ripped timing chain off an Audi after 100k miles. you can still have a great time with your vehicle no matter how shitty of a review you have on CR.
Here here! Several years ago I actually All day subscription to CR So I get get real details. One of the products I bought was they're highly recommended vacuum...wow what a piece of 💩

Using CR as a reliable tool is as good as quoting wikipedia or buying based on Amazon reviews.

OP
OP

MileHighRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor (allocation confirmed)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did nobody on here actually pay attention when they were getting their 4-year degree?

The whole "I owned 1 vehicle from X manufacturer and never had problems therefore X manufacturer is great" is called an anecdote. The CR report is based upon wide surveys of issues with each manufacturer involving hundreds or thousands of vehicles. Anecdotal evidence isn't statistically valid, broad surveys are.

You do know that the Ford Foundation has nothing to do with Ford Motor Company, correct? If not, maybe you should go and watch the recent 60-Minutes segment on the falling out between the Ford family and the foundation that happened literally decades ago. The foundation is completely independent of the Ford Family and the Ford Motor Company.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did nobody on here actually pay attention when they were getting their 4-year degree?

The whole "I owned 1 vehicle from X manufacturer and never had problems therefore X manufacturer is great" is called an anecdote. The CR report is based upon wide surveys of issues with each manufacturer involving hundreds or thousands of vehicles. Anecdotal evidence isn't statistically valid, broad surveys are.

You do know that the Ford Foundation has nothing to do with Ford Motor Company, correct? If not, maybe you should go and watch the recent 60-Minutes segment on the falling out between the Ford family and the foundation that happened literally decades ago. The foundation is completely independent of the Ford Family and the Ford Motor Company.
Easy now, you haven't been here long enough to make a cynical post like this.

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
CR is a crap publication. They hate all domestics (they’ll shit on Ford too) and they aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

My FIL won’t buy a product that’s not highly rated on CR, all his stuff if broken/crumbling all the time.

They love Subaru for crying out loud. I drove Subaru for several years recently, fully loaded top spec models in all cases and my JL is miles nicer in terms of fit and finish.
Sponsored