Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Considering how many Jeep roofs leak, that's a big stone thrown from a big glass house.
Yeah - but they HAVE ROOFS!

All the people on here before production claiming Ford's roof will be better and won't leak like Jeep's ... how'd that work out? :ROFLMAO:

I am all in on the Bronco - but anyone on here telling me Ford has better quality is full of it from what I've seen since launch.
Sponsored

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

All the people on here before production claiming Ford's roof will be better and won't leak like Jeep's ... how'd that work out? :ROFLMAO:

I am all in on the Bronco - but anyone on here telling me Ford has better quality is full of it from what I've seen since launch.
I'm sorry but did I miss something?? When did we see issues out about the roof leaking? Mine has been perfect in storms, no leaks at all and if there was something reported about leaks then I missed that one. The recall is for the appearance issue, nothing was said about leaking.

Hillyard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 4x4, SVTF, Mazda3, Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What would be even better is to send him a video of my friends brand new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport hard top leaking in on the passenger side. It's currently at the dealer trying to be fixed.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What would be even better is to send him a video of my friends brand new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport hard top leaking in on the passenger side. It's currently at the dealer trying to be fixed.
And the hardtop on my 15 year old Jeep TJ keeps me dry as a bone. Not really sure the point of citing one example of a Jeep having a roof leak.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They didn't call him out for acting like the Bronco Sport competes with the Wrangler?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm sorry but did I miss something?? When did we see issues out about the roof leaking? Mine has been perfect in storms, no leaks at all and if there was something reported about leaks then I missed that one. The recall is for the appearance issue, nothing was said about leaking.
There’s at least two posts with pics of leaking roofs.

Then there is popping, fraying, etc. on top of that.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alot of hardtop problems? Isn't it one hardtop problem on pretty much all of them?? Supply chain isn't really a quality issue so I don't count that, just the 'honeycombing' that appears in the roof (which by the way has just started to appear on mine after 2 months of owning it). I'm not sure 1 problem on all the roofs qualifies as alot of problems. It's just one issue appearing on them all which they rightly recalled before it got out of hand.
Please don’t give Ford a pass on the horrible top issues.
Ford had to identify another producer and push MOD Tops back two Model Years.

Fordhad to recall all MIC Tops and change the top production during the first model year.

The soft top isn’t available on 2D Broncos, has had alignment/rubbing issues, and the window sag looks terrible.

It is okay to be a Bronco and Ford fan, but push back and call them out on issues so they get corrected.

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is having minor issues and is a first year vehicle. My 2012 Jeep Wrangler had 2 fire-related and an airbag recall on it. So......

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please don’t give Ford a pass on the horrible top issues.
Ford had to identify another producer and push MOD Tops back two Model Years.

Fordhad to recall all MIC Tops and change the top production during the first model year.

The soft top isn’t available on 2D Broncos, has had alignment/rubbing issues, and the window sag looks terrible.

It is okay to be a Bronco and Ford fan, but push back and call them out on issues so they get corrected.
Respectfully I do not think I am giving Ford a free pass. The vehicle has issues with the roof, no doubt but when I buy a brand new model I expect a couple recalls, thats just the way it is. The MIC roof is an issue but they recalled it and are replacing them pretty early on in the process. What else do you want them to do? If they were not replacing my roof trust me, I would be leading the revolt. But they are....and again....brand new vehicle....will have some issues!

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I own a Jeep Commander. I loved it for the first few years, but sunroof leaks, crappy plastic door handles and electrical problems galore.

The Wrangler is a capable off road vehicle. Fine for day trips, I guess. Every one I have been in is not very comfortable for long trips. Steering doesn't track well on the highway.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At least when I hit 90mph my bronco doesn't death wobble. Hell, a jeep will do it at lower speeds than that. Every car has their issues and the jeep ceo shouldn't be talking shit when jeeps are known for issues including leaking roofs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bronco is having minor issues and is a first year vehicle. My 2012 Jeep Wrangler had 2 fire-related and an airbag recall on it. So......
I wouldn't count airbags - Takata hit a LOT of companies in that time-frame, including Ford Takata related recalls

And - uh - 2012 was the first year for the 3.6 Pentastar JK refresh so ...

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This seems like a bold claim but if you load up motortrend.com right now the cover page goes to the Bronco Sport vs. Jeep Wrangler vs. Subaru Outback Wilderness vs. Rav4 comparison where the Bronco Sport beats the Wrangler

Do you have any specific examples where a FCA product beat the competition unexpectedly where you can cite to FCA buying the results?
JD power awards are paid for by FCA I know that. For motortrend Ram has had many of the motortrend truck of the year awards over the past 10 years, so you're trying to tell me the ford raptor has never won that award despite reshaping the truck market singlehandedly? Ram has gotten the award for the past 3 years. Also in 2020 the ram trx won the award for 2021 truck of the year despite all 2021 trucks not even being revealed like the 21 Raptor, and a bunch more, so basically it didn't even have competition so they just gave the trx the award. The trx wasn't even out when it won the award, it had only been revealed. That's just fishy to me.
Sponsored