Sponsored

Jeep Copying the Mod Top? Or, Beating Ford to the Punch?

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found this interesting. Seems like Ford has a design concept worth copying in the Mod Top. I guess "copying" can only be said if it was "available".

https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/fe...AFB0F2D2C24BC4375F91EEFCED3A3BB5CF6DD9A6DC765

From the article........

Open-Air Hardtop
One of the most unique features of Orange Peelz are the hardtop mods and door mods. Mopar designers gave the Jeep an open-air vibe by removing the hardtop's side and rear windows, and designers added a custom removable one-piece Freedom Top glass sunroof. Further enhancing the open-air feeling are a set of prototype JPP half doors.
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

:ROFLMAO:👇👇

Ford Bronco Jeep Copying the Mod Top? Or, Beating Ford to the Punch? 1617647762545

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's the modular hardtop approach I was hoping for, back when Jeep was first coming out with the Wrangler JL several years ago. Ford is kind of going that route with their MOD hardtop, although not enough larger pieces can be removed including the tailgate glass on the MOD. But it's a good start.

Someday though, it would be nice to be able to drive a distance with hardtop, and then remove/stow enough of the panels that the sides/top/back mimic and open-top.

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Jeep interior is cool if everyday is Halloween and you're Al Borland.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's the modular hardtop approach I was hoping for, back when Jeep was first coming out with the Wrangler JL several years ago. Ford is kind of going that route with their MOD hardtop, although not enough larger pieces can be removed including the tailgate glass on the MOD. But it's a good start.

Someday though, it would be nice to be able to drive a distance with hardtop, and then remove/stow enough of the panels that the sides/top/back mimic and open-top.
Ford should hang their head in shame with this. We can't even get a mod top and Jeep has this? 😦

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't really care who comes out with what first, competition does us, the consumer, good.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I clicked on the link, but it turns out that the new removable panels are still bolted to a jeep.
You can get a Jeep now though. For many, that will be enough. That roof should be going on Bronco's now.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford should hang their head in shame with this. We can't even get a mod top and Jeep has this? 😦
Jeep has it in the same way Ford does. A concept. Until it’s a deliverable option on either vehicle, nobody is first.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts are... Jeep owners should be pissed as hell that they’ve been asking for options and features for years that Jeep has ignored, until now. I understand staying competitive now that a new dog is on the block... but why ignore your base for all these years. Again, just my thoughts which don’t amount to much.