Sponsored

Jeep delivers on 4Xe production! Assy. vid.

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s a cool video. Hybrids to me are sort of the worst of both worlds. All the complication of electric with all the parts and maintenance of gas. No dog on Jeep, I just hope the full electrics start to gain momentum. My plan is to replace my wife’s Explorer with a Mach E or equivalent at some point. We could easily have one of our two vehicles electric.
Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like Fiat is putting the pressure on Fords Bronco .... I thought it was going to the the other way around ..

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very cool video. I wish Ford can equal the production quality of the videos in the future. It is embarrassing the website is not right, no pictures or real videos- and Jeep churns this out like it is no big deal. Ford can do better, and I am waiting for that.

Ford should be making quality media that is worth sharing and reposting.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know we're all waiting for the Bronco but Jeep is out here actually doing something while Ford continues to sit on their hands.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
? ?
Ummm wake me when we have threads related to our Broncos..
Maybe just don’t look at threads with “Jeep” or “wrangler” in the title. Or even better just stay out if the “general auto & other vehicles talk” section. ???

Just funning with ya BJ

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is such a well shot video - makes BN videos look like total amateur hour.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know we're all waiting for the Bronco but Jeep is out here actually doing something while Ford continues to sit on their hands.

What are they really doing though? The Wrangler is a decades old design and they are being built on an assembly line that has been tooled for this design for years upon years. The only difference is the drivetrain.

It's akin to Ford adding a hybrid engine to the F-150

The Bronco is a entirely new design.

It's literally apples to oranges.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm GETTING a Bronco. Because I need a new vehicle and truly I can't picture any other vehicle in my life
But I do have a nagging guilt that I'm grabbing another gas guzzler, at a time where we all should be shifting our attention towards minimizing our footprint and setting the right examples. Its my desire vs my conscience
Fun vs morals type of thing

Anyone else have that dilemma?

I'm sure Ford has a hybrid version of the Bronco on their roadmap

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s a cool video. Hybrids to me are sort of the worst of both worlds. All the complication of electric with all the parts and maintenance of gas. No dog on Jeep, I just hope the full electrics start to gain momentum. My plan is to replace my wife’s Explorer with a Mach E or equivalent at some point. We could easily have one of our two vehicles electric.
I know electric vehicles are the future but I just can’t get past the fact I can’t go on long road trips without planning long stops to recharge... I’m sticking to combustion engines as long as they are making them.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm GETTING a Bronco. Because I need a new vehicle and truly I can't picture any other vehicle in my life
But I do have a nagging guilt that I'm grabbing another gas guzzler, at a time where we all should be shifting our attention towards minimizing our footprint and setting the right examples. Its my desire vs my conscience
Fun vs morals type of thing

Anyone else have that dilemma?

I'm sure Ford has a hybrid version of the Bronco on their roadmap
Umm, no. Give me a combustion engine that I can drive across the country without having to plan out stops by charging stations where I have to wait for hours to recharge...15 minutes at a gas station to pump and dump and I’m good to go.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm, no. Give me a combustion engine that I can drive across the country without having to plan out stops by charging stations where I have to wait for hours to recharge...15 minutes at a gas station to pump and dump and I’m good to go.
I think many households will have a mix. I always want the "unlimited range" of the internal combustion engine, but a lot of the day to day driving can be handled well by an all electric. Many of the prognosticators are predicting something similar. Mid size SUV as the weekend, road trip and utility vehicle and an electric for short trips and commuting. I have no commute and my wife drives 1.25 miles, it would be much more efficient to use electric for her (short trips are very hard on IC engines!). Even our cottage being 150 miles each way would be doable. I can see electric Jeeps and Broncos being an awesome vehicle to keep at a beach house or cottage too. Cruising in the woods with a "silent" Bronco would be really cool for a lot of reasons. For now, give me the 2.7 and 4.70 gears :love:

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did he say it can go “25 miles on a single charge”?
I know electric vehicles are the future but I just can’t get past the fact I can’t go on long road trips without planning long stops to recharge... I’m sticking to combustion engines as long as they are making them.
PHEV plug-in electric Hybrid vehicle. It has three drive modes, one of which is a pure gas 2.0 etorque engine.

So... Just the electric motor can drive 25 miles. In hybrid mode, electric and gas, 400 miles, then fill up and keep going like in any car. Just gas is not posted but probably about 300 miles. You can switch between all 3 at anytime. You never have to plug it in if you don’t want to. Specs don’t suck... still has 30” of fording capability.

No trip stops, just pit stops.

So yeah it is pretty cool. Not making it easy. Hard to argue. I have a Bronco reservation but when and what?

93DBC342-A9F7-4825-A635-EFB7585061CD.jpeg
Sponsored