Sponsored

Jeep delivers on 4Xe production! Assy. vid.

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only way I could consider the 4xe is if the USG gives a full tax credit. Otherwise, I would steer clear of Jeep due to quality issues on first vehicles.
Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think many households will have a mix. I always want the "unlimited range" of the internal combustion engine, but a lot of the day to day driving can be handled well by an all electric. Many of the prognosticators are predicting something similar. Mid size SUV as the weekend, road trip and utility vehicle and an electric for short trips and commuting. I have no commute and my wife drives 1.25 miles, it would be much more efficient to use electric for her (short trips are very hard on IC engines!). Even our cottage being 150 miles each way would be doable. I can see electric Jeeps and Broncos being an awesome vehicle to keep at a beach house or cottage too. Cruising in the woods with a "silent" Bronco would be really cool for a lot of reasons. For now, give me the 2.7 and 4.70 gears :love:
Read my post right after yours! Check out the 4xe. You can drive to the cabin on all gas. Save your charge, and have 25 miles of all electric off-roading. Off course your miles go down the harder you push. But then kick over to gas and it runs, and recharges the batteries. When not using just plug it in to a regular outlet. By the time you have your beers, bonfire, and good night sleep she ready to go!

Imagine a quiet trail.

Last edited:

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only way I could consider the 4xe is if the USG gives a full tax credit. Otherwise, I would steer clear of Jeep due to quality issues on first vehicles.
It’s not a new vehicle. The wrangler is proven. The engine is the 2.0 etorque. The electric architecture has also been in production for a few years. I do not see any more quality issues than I suspect we will see with the Bronco.

Ford has a good reputation for quality and reliability. But the Bronco rollout does not support that. If I had to bet the two vehicles will be different but similar quality.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe just don’t look at threads with “Jeep” or “wrangler” in the title. Or even better just stay out if the “general auto & other vehicles talk” section. ???

Just funning with ya BJ
Well thank ya for the friendly advice, I will ponder that while I’m sitting on the toilet reading about BRONCOS on the BRONCO forum...?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are they really doing though? The Wrangler is a decades old design and they are being built on an assembly line that has been tooled for this design for years upon years. The only difference is the drivetrain.

It's akin to Ford adding a hybrid engine to the F-150

The Bronco is a entirely new design.

It's literally apples to oranges.
The wrangler is actually a 3 year old design. And if the PHEV is so easy to integrate why doesn’t Ford have the option in the Bronco?

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a lover of all things Bronco, but not a Jeep hater. Though I don't think Jeep will have much success with that model, it is awesome to see people be able to work and provide for their families during these uncertain times.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read my post right after yours! Check out the 4xe. You can drive to the cabin on all gas. Save your charge, and have 25 miles of all electric off-roading. Off course your miles go down the harder you push. But then kick over to gas and it runs, and recharges the batteries. When not using just plug it in to a regular outlet. By the time you have your beers, bonfire, and good night sleep she ready to go!

Imagine a quiet trail.
The idea of a hybrid is good, but my issue is it is sort of the worst of both worlds. It is very complicated and adds the electric complexity, while keeping the the maintenance, complexity and parts count of the IC engine. Not a criticism of the Jeep or other hybrids, just my take and one of the reasons hybrids have not really made a dent in the market. Electric are really much simpler mechanically and take a ton of parts count out of a vehicle. If they can get batteries small, light and cheap enough, they will quickly replace IC as the dominant powertrain. The Mach e may be the first vehicle that makes it a consideration for me, but I can see a Jeep or Bronco electric filling that role potentially too, for many. In terms of reliability, I know people keep saying the Bronco is new, but it really isn't. It is a parts bin vehicle (Chassis, Drivetrain) with new body panels, interior and a lot of new electronic wizardry (which is looking very promising). Anything is possible, but the underpinnings should prove to be very good.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That first one off the line, must be Antimatter Blue. :ROFLMAO:

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm GETTING a Bronco. Because I need a new vehicle and truly I can't picture any other vehicle in my life
But I do have a nagging guilt that I'm grabbing another gas guzzler, at a time where we all should be shifting our attention towards minimizing our footprint and setting the right examples. Its my desire vs my conscience
Fun vs morals type of thing

Anyone else have that dilemma?

I'm sure Ford has a hybrid version of the Bronco on their roadmap
Waiting patiently for the PHEV Bronco... getting a manual Badlands in the meantime.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well thank ya for the friendly advice, I will ponder that while I’m sitting on the toilet reading about BRONCOS on the BRONCO forum...?
Or you could just stay in the general section reading about more delays to the Bronco or grey tops or no manual transmissions with 2.7 engine. There are plenty of those post to read about.

Did he say it can go “25 miles on a single charge”?
Range is low but off-roading on the rocks involves a lot of idling and waiting for vehicles to negotiate an obstacle. Having instant torque and saving the gasoline for the ride home can be very helpful compared to loosing a quarter tank of fuel and only traveled 10 miles on a trail. A person can walk the Rubicon trail faster than a 4wd can drive it.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or you could just stay in the general section reading about more delays to the Bronco or grey tops or no manual transmissions with 2.7 engine. There are plenty of those post to read about.

Range is low but off-roading on the rocks involves a lot of idling and waiting for vehicles to negotiate an obstacle. Having instant torque and saving the gasoline for the ride home can be very helpful compared to loosing a quarter tank of fuel and only traveled 10 miles on a trail. A person can walk the Rubicon trail faster than a 4wd can drive it.
Or you could jump off the bronco forum and go find a Jeep forum to whine on...
We could do this all fuc$in day pal...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Or you could jump off the bronco forum and go find a Jeep forum to whine on...
We could do this all fuc$in day pal...
Alright you two, knock it out.

Ford Bronco Jeep delivers on 4Xe production! Assy. vid. 1607880375152

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty awesome video whether you like Jeep's or not. It's amazing how factories work. Cannot wait to get my Bronco this summer.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you wouldn’t own a Maserati either?
My MC is a great car, still more then enough room in my garage for a Bronco BL. With Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep/Ect it all depend the model and where is made. Hoping Ford brings its A game with the Bronco.
Sponsored