Sponsored

Jeep delivers on 4Xe production! Assy. vid.

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My MC is a great car, still more then enough room in my garage for a Bronco BL. With Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep/Ect it all depend the model and where is made. Hoping Ford brings its A game with the Bronco.
Me too!! I just think the notion that Chrysler and Fiat joining up makes Chrysler vehicles, “Italian” or “fiat made,” is hilariously stupid. Or poking fun at Fiat like owning a Ford puts you in some exclusive class of vehicle.

Either way, our Bronco BL will be parked right next to my Fiat Challenger. Or is it Maserati Challenger? Peugeot? I don’t even know anymore!!
Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm, no. Give me a combustion engine that I can drive across the country without having to plan out stops by charging stations where I have to wait for hours to recharge...15 minutes at a gas station to pump and dump and I’m good to go.
Do you have to plan out stops? Yes. But charging stations are everywhere now, and most EVs will actually map out your stops for you. It does take more than 15 minutes to recharge, but with superchargers the extra time is minimal... not "hours". For example, it cost about $200 for me to drive from Atlanta to NJ in my Sequoia, but about $60 in my Tesla. Stopping at super chargers doesn't add that much more time... by the time I grab some grub to-go, make a pit stop and walk the dogs the car is fully charged. Of course If you want to drive across country and only stop for 15 minutes at a time an EV is not for you. But for folks like me who have driven across the country several times, pit stops are more than just 15 minutes and can easily accommodate the time it takes to charge an EV and get back on the road. Charging stations are faster and much more accessible than ever, making the argument more about what you drive and how you drive more the issue. If you want to save money, lower your carbon footprint and have a few extra minutes to spare, an EV can get you from point A to point B... with minimal inconvenience.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too!! I just think the notion that Chrysler and Fiat joining up makes Chrysler vehicles, “Italian” or “fiat made,” is hilariously stupid. Or poking fun at Fiat like owning a Ford puts you in some exclusive class of vehicle.

Either way, our Bronco BL will be parked right next to my Fiat Challenger. Or is it Maserati Challenger? Peugeot? I don’t even know anymore!!
Funny, my Maserati Grand Turismo MC sounds like a Maserati Challenger, one of the reasons I bought it. Maybe that is what the MC stands for. :)

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody wonder if your grand children will one day pull your dusty ole 2021.5 Bronco out of the barn and want to do an engine swap with an electric motor ?

Oh God I hope not . Hopefully there will still be enough of them dead dinosaurs left somewhere to fire up the ole 2.7 and hear that rip-roaring twin turbo exhaust note one last time to remember their old gran pappy by and the smile it use to put on his face .

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember when I hesitated to swap from gas to electric RC cars. Boy was that eye opening. Electric is super reliable, way faster and so much more flexible! Electric has a ton of advantages, it's just when the tipping point comes with battery technology.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The wrangler is actually a 3 year old design. And if the PHEV is so easy to integrate why doesn’t Ford have the option in the Bronco?
My guess is they are keeping that in their pocket for another year.
As we have seen, they have their hands full with the current bronco.

CinciGP

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First 4xe units January but msrp still not released? Well at least Ford has provided us with most of the pricing several months or years before first bronco units being delivered.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3063

Joined up? Chrysler wasn't even American owned when Fiat bought them.

Daimler-Benz bought them in 1998.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The idea of a hybrid is good, but my issue is it is sort of the worst of both worlds. It is very complicated and adds the electric complexity, while keeping the the maintenance, complexity and parts count of the IC engine. Not a criticism of the Jeep or other hybrids, just my take and one of the reasons hybrids have not really made a dent in the market. Electric are really much simpler mechanically and take a ton of parts count out of a vehicle. If they can get batteries small, light and cheap enough, they will quickly replace IC as the dominant powertrain. The Mach e may be the first vehicle that makes it a consideration for me, but I can see a Jeep or Bronco electric filling that role potentially too, for many. In terms of reliability, I know people keep saying the Bronco is new, but it really isn't. It is a parts bin vehicle (Chassis, Drivetrain) with new body panels, interior and a lot of new electronic wizardry (which is looking very promising). Anything is possible, but the underpinnings should prove to be very good.
Can’t, and won’t, argue with somebody making a correct statement. It is complicated but I feel like every car will have its issues and I may be willing to work through them. I really like the flexible architecture of PHEV and for about 50% of my driving would be all electric. I think the 4xe is a transitional vehicle, one of the first PHEV’s not primarily focused on max elec range. It’s a fully capable wrangler, with electric hybrid. Not the other way around. It makes a hell of a lot more sense than the 392 Hemi! ?

I’m really not trying to piss anybody off. If you look at my old posts, you’ll see I was all in on Bronco. They lost me with what I perceive as an inability to communicate honestly. I feel like from day one they blew smoke up our asses. I’m on the fence between the full hippie 4xe and the amazing just kind a granola BL 2.3 Auto non squatch.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd never buy anything FCA. Some of the lowest ranked manufactures in reliability year after year. Doesn't seem they have any issues with supply on their parts. Yet Ford can't fix their shit given the next 6 months.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Joined up? Chrysler wasn't even American owned when Fiat bought them.

Daimler-Benz bought them in 1998.
I fail to see what you’re trying to prove with this post? Aliens could have owned Chrysler before Fiat and it’s still Fiat Chrysler now.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm GETTING a Bronco. Because I need a new vehicle and truly I can't picture any other vehicle in my life
But I do have a nagging guilt that I'm grabbing another gas guzzler, at a time where we all should be shifting our attention towards minimizing our footprint and setting the right examples. Its my desire vs my conscience
Fun vs morals type of thing

Anyone else have that dilemma?

I'm sure Ford has a hybrid version of the Bronco on their roadmap
I'll be going from an 8(?) mpg vehicle to an 18-20 mpg vehicle. So I'm reducing my carbon foot print by a lot going with a Bronco. Pretty sure I'll be nominated for the 2021 Goldman Environmental Prize. lol

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fail to see what you’re trying to prove with this post? Aliens could have owned Chrysler before Fiat and it’s still Fiat Chrysler now.
Who care who owns it now. Anyway, almost all auto manufactures have parts from all over the world (they all out source parts from all over).

The new generation of Jeep JL has come a long ways from the old days when it was part of original Chrysler. It has a lot better design and creature comforts. Quality has significantly improved. I see most problems in the 1st couple of years due to it being completely new design, which gave it a bad rep.

People tend to overlook all the problems Ford's been having (and still have) with the eco-Boost engines since 2009 and not to even mention their transmissions issues.

Current Jeeps have one of the best transmissions in the industry and the 3.6L V6 has been proven already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

Overall, competition is great to have and there will be many more competing vehicles in the next 2-4 years, which is only good for the consumers.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 3063

joined up makes it sound like a merger rather than a failed company bought to avoid bankruptcy.
foreign owned for over 20 yrs, they could use some alien tech.
Sponsored