First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I month behind the wheel of a Gladiator Mojave last spring (2020 - timing phasers replaced on my Raptor and it took a month to get the parts in early in the pandemic) cemented my Bronco decision. Maybe I had a rarity - but the steering was awful . . . I drive 30 miles each way on the highway to work daily and it was a constant effort to keep the vehicle straight . . . quarters were tight (as you noted) and it felt underpowered. Last July my son bought a used 2019 Ranger and I've driven that a lot since reserving my Wildtrak 4 door on day one - obviously waiting due to the hard top - and comparing the two (Gladiator and Ranger) left me definitely preferring the handling, room. ride and acceleration in the Ranger. I am finally getting into a Mannequin for an overnighter on Wednesday-Thursday (thankfully happens to be a Wildtrak) and look forward to making that comparison.

Thank you for sharing and - again - confirming that it WILL be worth the wait!!

Best wishes and congrats.
Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I month behind the wheel of a Gladiator Mojave last spring (2020 - timing phasers replaced on my Raptor and it took a month to get the parts in early in the pandemic) cemented my Bronco decision. Maybe I had a rarity - but the steering was awful . . . I drive 30 miles each way on the highway to work daily and it was a constant effort to keep the vehicle straight . . . quarters were tight (as you noted) and it felt underpowered. Last July my son bought a used 2019 Ranger and I've driven that a lot since reserving my Wildtrak 4 door on day one - obviously waiting due to the hard top - and comparing the two (Gladiator and Ranger) left me definitely preferring the handling, room. ride and acceleration in the Ranger. I am finally getting into a Mannequin for an overnighter on Wednesday-Thursday (thankfully happens to be a Wildtrak) and look forward to making that comparison.

Thank you for sharing and - again - confirming that it WILL be worth the wait!!

Best wishes and congrats.
the did bring out a tsb and a new steering box in early 21

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the did bring out a tsb and a new steering box in early 21
My gladiator had the steering wander. Had the steering box replaced with the TSB and steers right as rain. Itā€™s a truck- it drives like one, but I really like it. Iā€™ll be content until I get my Bronco in 2035.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with all of your assessment on the Mojave. The engine is a definite downside for it, it would shine with the 5.7L. Thereā€™s always superchargers though šŸ˜‰

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

MDPensfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got so pissed off by the continuous clusterfuck of the Bronco rollout that I ordered a Gladiator about 2 weeks ago. It's scheduled to be built in 12 days. It's nice to be able to order and receive a product without drama, confusion, and anger.

I'm excited about the Gladiator, especially since I've needed a truck bed twice in the past week, but I know there are areas where the Bronco surpasses it. Definitely wish it had a 2.7 turbo instead of the minivan 3.6. I think the seats in the Bronco were nicer, although the saddle leather in the Jeep breaks it up a bit.

I still have my Bronco reservation (6/30/21, so it wasn't coming anytime soon) and would consider selling our Grand Cherokee and letting the wife drive it if she didn't consider vehicles something to dump food wrappers in and bang up against curbs.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great with the 285's on it. I initially had Basesquatch 2.7 on order, now I'm deferred to a 2022, have to re-order and start over and wait well into 2022 or 2023. I'm thinking to change to base with manual or auto and just do what you did with larger tires. How is the performance and MPG affected? I know what you mean about manual though in traffic. My 97 TJ is so slow with the 4.0 six and gearing in traffic, everyone just blows by me. The Bronco is intended to replace the TJ and wanted something that would better keep up with day to day traffic. But I also want decent fuel economy too. Perhaps the "tiny" tires on the base will be best for MPG?
Oh did it have the 2.7L too?
šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Yes, the 2.7.

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got so pissed off by the continuous clusterfuck of the Bronco rollout that I ordered a Gladiator about 2 weeks ago. It's scheduled to be built in 12 days. It's nice to be able to order and receive a product without drama, confusion, and anger.

I'm excited about the Gladiator, especially since I've needed a truck bed twice in the past week, but I know there are areas where the Bronco surpasses it. Definitely wish it had a 2.7 turbo instead of the minivan 3.6. I think the seats in the Bronco were nicer, although the saddle leather in the Jeep breaks it up a bit.

I still have my Bronco reservation (6/30/21, so it wasn't coming anytime soon) and would consider selling our Grand Cherokee and letting the wife drive it if she didn't consider vehicles something to dump food wrappers in and bang up against curbs.
What model Gladiator?

MDPensfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What model Gladiator?
Overland. I don't do enough wheeling to justify the higher cost of the Rubicon or Mojave. Day 1 mod will be swapping out the stock tires for bigger ones, but it will suit my needs well.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WT comes standard with 2.7 and SAS.
How in the name of all that is holy was a facepalm emoji not enough to convey the appropriate level of sarcasm?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How in the name of all that is holy was a facepalm emoji not enough to convey the appropriate level of sarcasm?
Iā€™m on my phone and those emojis are the size of a gnats dick hair!

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, don't get me wrong, guys and gals.
The Mojave was a fine vehicle in its own right.
It did a lot of things well, and drove far better than I thought it would.
To me, comparing the two so close together so it was fresh on my mind and memory.. I decided on the Bronco for sure.
It was underpowered. But more than my 01. It was tight, but not as bad as my 01. And it has a truck bed for throwing camping gear and muddy boots in.
If there were no Bronco in the mix and I was faced with the decision of what to get myself new, I'd have jumped on the Mojave and not looked back.
It's just that the Bronco does the things I desire better. Not that the Gladi is bad or wrong, because it isn't.
A bit more power and maybe another 4" of cab legroom (maybe shorten the front clip about 4" and rob it from there, FCA?) and the gap between the two would be something I would agonize over for several days vs. a clear-cut winner (for me).

YMMV.

There is something ultra-desirable and marketable about a truck with a topless and doorless soul, mixed with some trail capabilities. For me, they got it about 90% right.
I'm just going to have to be a bit smarter about what I throw in the back of the Bronc, and how I do it. It's not a rhino-lined bed built for throwing firewood and folding chairs in as you pass by.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m on my phone and those emojis are the size of a gnats dick hair!
I think you win the internet today with that one!!!
Sponsored