First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Def need photos of that red colour outside with those Xmas lights on - looks like a great Santa's sleigh. Too bad you probably don't get much snow.
Def no snow ..lol but maybe 20k lights ...I think a bronco sleigh would win over the 20k lights ...
Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is you’ve not driven a Jeep 3.0 Diesel over the mountain passes in Colorado.. I’d luv to say I’ve driven the Bronco but I haven’t…..maybe you have…don’t know. What I do know is I’m out rock climbing and hitting trails in Colorado and UT…today…..hence My ability to state facts. My guess is that the Bronco will be good but not great at 9500 Foot elevation maybe some down shifting and high RPM’s.….The Jeep with 3.0 diesel is pretty much effortless going up the pass…. I really hope I’m proven wrong and the Bronco has power to spare….I’m looking forward to someday owning a Bronco….hence an honest review will be forth coming. Till then I’m not waiting for Ford to deliver I’m out doing what most don’t do with a Jeep or Bronco….. True it’s not about speed….for that I drive my other car…lol.
TFL does a video showing the new Bronco hauling a 3500lb trailer up the Ike gauntlet. The Bronco maintains speed and does quite well. Better than I thot it would do. Check it out sometime.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

TFL does a video showing the new Bronco hauling a 3500lb trailer up the Ike gauntlet. The Bronco maintains speed and does quite well. Better than I thot it would do. Check it out sometime.
It was less than 3000lbs I believe.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want to experience power try one with the Diesel, I seriously doubt that the 2.7 will be able to keep up.... With that said I'm truly excited to be on the list to get a Badlands with the 2.7 so that I can give an honest assessment later down the road. I did get the chance to ride in a Bronco out in MOAB last Easter and the experience was really positive. I didn't see myself owning another Jeep however with Summer and fall activities and hunting season coming up it was a necessity. I've owned (3) JK's with the 3.6 van engine I came to really dislike this engine because of a total lack of power in the mountains of Colorado. The JL with 3.0 diesel is a beast, the steering is tight and crisp and a pleasure to drive and own.
Yes, on the Jeep the Diesel is the way to go. I have a friend shopping for one now.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like the idea of a diesel in a bronco, would love to have a Troller with a diesel. Those are good vehicles.

Sponsored

ResEng68

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Diesels aren't fast. The 2.7 in the F150 is a full 1.5 seconds faster to 60 than the diesel Gladiator, and it's faster in the quarter, too. Diesels have a very narrow, torquey powerband, but they don't produce power. Power is speed.
Consumers (generally) don't want to rev the car to 6k rpm to get access to their power-band. They generally perceive "power" as something more akin to torque: i.e. how much do I need to rev it to get the power I need?

This is why the 3.6L pentastar and 4.0L atkinson cycle are viewed as "underpowered" despite having decent/good nameplate HP. Most of the horsepower is way up the RPM curve, and the engines drive like shit below 3k rpm.

Modern engines are becoming more and more "torquey" to the driver's benefit. We see this in the engineered power curves on our direct-injection turbos: e.g. 2.0L jeep, 2.3L ecoboost, 2.7L ecoboost. The 2.0L and 2.3L don't have more power than the 3.6L pentastar. However they are a hell of a lot more fun to drive.

This get us to the diesel. It has a mountain of torque. It achieves this torque at exceptionally low RPMs, and it runs this flat torque curve all the way out to 3k rpm. The result is user perception of a "wall of power" because the torque is always there. It's damn fun to drive a 500 lb-ft engine in a 5klbs vehicle.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This get us to the diesel. It has a mountain of torque. It achieves this torque at exceptionally low RPMs, and it runs this flat torque curve all the way out to 3k rpm. The result is user perception of a "wall of power" because the torque is always there. It's damn fun to drive a 500 lb-ft engine in a 5klbs vehicle.
Yeah, I think that's why some people think diesels are fast - you get that punch right away but then there's nothing to back it up.

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All I had to do was get in the Gladiator. A friend owns one and as soon as my butt hit the drivers seat, I realized that it was not for me. Not a heck of a lot of room in the Gladiator. The OB Bronco I drove blew it away. Got my vin# and a 10/4 build. I can't wait to drive my BB.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really don't get what you people are doing to the interior of your vehicles. It feels cheap? Are you caressing before you drive? My hand is on the steering wheel and my arm may be on the center console.
Sponsored