Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado

BHShaman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
I felt this thing was wrong from the looks to the pricing.
I think they saw the 75k-100k price take of the AEV Versions and figured people would snap them up at half that cost. If the Subaru brat/baja and Ford SportTrac taught is that the general population don't really want a 1/2 and 1/2 SUV Pick-up. They priced it super premium and failed.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / 00 TJ
Interesting. I thought they'd do better than that. To me, the Gladiator has much more appeal than a Wrangler. If Jeep offered a powertrain combo that I liked better I'd probably have one.
If I could split the difference on the towing capacity (i.e., 5600 lbs) on a diesel wrangler. I wouldn’t wait for the Bronco. I’d rather have the enclosure and higher breakover / departure angles.

Not sure what they could have done differently on the JT - maybe shorten the bed and do a Chevy Avalanche like conversion thing with the rear seats.

Too expensive for a mid sized pickup, not as capable as a wrangler, yet the wrangler is missing towing capability too.

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Dead post I know. ....

But Q1 sales have come out.
2019 Q1 gladiator >1000, Wrangler 50,000
2020 Q 1. gladiator 15,000. Wrangler 40,000

sounds like the gladiator is just stealing Sales from the wrangler
The Gladiator just looks like a Wrangler with a bed, same as they described the Lightning back in 93 as a Mustang with a bed. I kind of like it though because it looks so different than other trucks. I've watched probably 50 YouTube videos in the past couple of weeks on the Wrangler and Gladiator. The more I see, the more I like them. I hate to switch from Ford though as I've been a loyal Ford owner since 93 when I bought a new Lightning. I was a Mopar guy before that and had planned on buying a Dakota Sport when they had those chrome light bars on the back of the cab. When I saw the Lightning, I knew the Dakota was out.

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Anyone ever seen one of these? They were produced for 2 years, 89 & 90. I still have the dealer sales brochures for both years.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Anyone ever seen one of these? They were produced for 2 years, 89 & 90. I still have the dealer sales brochures for both years.
Dodge back in the late 80s early 90s had a HUGE hardon for making everything a convertible. They weren’t from the factory. They were licensed 3rd party aftermarket. American Sunroof company. They did that with a lot of cars. Dodge Omni. Even a mclaren mustang??? Dodge Durango. The EXP. even limos. Basically you have money. They would do it.
Not safe at all.

some how my dad made it threw a crash with a semi on a conversion dodge omni

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Dodge back in the late 80s early 90s had a HUGE hardon for making everything a convertible. They weren’t from the factory. They were licensed 3rd party aftermarket. American Sunroof company. They did that with a lot of cars. Dodge Omni. Even a mclaren mustang??? Dodge Durango. The EXP. even limos. Basically you have money. They would do it.
Not safe at all.

some how my dad made it threw a crash with a semi on a conversion dodge omni
ASC also produced the T tops on these. My first brand new car and the only manual I've ever owned.

MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
There is a black well used but still nice lifted 4x4 one of these next to the place we fill up drinking water. Its on 31s and 12 inch wide wheels like everything else on the island. On maui they like em to look like hotwheels trucks. Every kids dream right?

Ive seen quite a few gladiators in the lot where i work. Pulled up my comanche next to em and they arent all that different. Mine has more payload and bed space but gladiators have a back seat. They seem like like decent trucks though just a tad long for a small offroader. It would be awesome if the 4 door broncos rear seats are removable and there is a nice flat floor. So i can occasionally use it like a truck.

MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
Admit it though..
Two-Door-Jeep-Gladiator-J6-side-view.jpg
this looks amazing and should have been an option..
Give me half doors with a frameless window and a bikini top and youd need a helluva tow strap to pull me outa there!