Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mostly expect the Gladiator to cannibalize Wrangler sales. It might take a few from Toyota/GM/Ford, but not many. It has the very "classic" truck qualities that the majority of consumers dislike, which is why most trucks feel like cars now. As for offroading, it will have terrible breakover and departure angles, just like most trucks when compared to shorter wheelbase SUVs -- the solid axle will help, but the people drawn to that would have probably bought the Wrangler before.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mostly expect the Gladiator to cannibalize Wrangler sales. It might take a few from Toyota/GM/Ford, but not many. It has the very "classic" truck qualities that the majority of consumers dislike, which is why most trucks feel like cars now. As for offroading, it will have terrible breakover and departure angles, just like most trucks when compared to shorter wheelbase SUVs -- the solid axle will help, but the people drawn to that would have probably bought the Wrangler before.
I'm a current JKU Wrangler owner and did not buy the JL as I'm waiting on the Gladiator, so I dont think everyone looking to go off-road will buy a Wrangler instead. I do agree it might steal some Wrangler sales, but I had no intention on buying another Wrangler, if any thing I was looking at buying a Ford Raptor or the Chevy ZR2 (I love the Raptor but it might be too large for my personal needs).

Anyone looking for a platform for overlanding will love the new Gladiator as the SUVs simply do not offer enough storage and payload, and thats why the Gladiator will shine. Add in the fact its a convertible, and will eventually have a V6 Diesel its quite the mid-size.

All the mid-size trucks are lifestyle vehicles, as anyone needing real towing or load capacity will be buying full-size trucks. Where the mid-size trucks are for people living in cites that need to occasionally have a truck to take out the kayaks, or tow a ATV, or run to home depot and grab some wood or yard supplies. That's why I personally think the Gladiator with its convertible top, and more utilitarian look will have a wide appeal. The biggest factor though will be price. If you have priced out a new Wrangler you can see that the prices easily top $50K for the top of the line models, and this will push a lot of buyers away to competitors such as the Ranger and Colorado.

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at this garbage. This is very common right now for a Gladiator and I think it’s absurd and very damaging to the Gladiator to mark it up 10k over MSRP.
While it’s getting great reviews no one should pay 70k for it. Buy the Raptor or two Rangers instead. I am a Jeep guy and I wouldn’t touch a Gladiator for anything.

It’s not a good truck or a good Jeep.

44A26012-3ED6-4E14-AF5C-C8DEF1A7913C.jpeg

372336C1-73BC-47BE-878B-32411B45493C.jpeg

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at this garbage. This is very common right now for a Gladiator and I think it’s absurd and very damaging to the Gladiator to mark it up 10k over MSRP.
While it’s getting great reviews no one should pay 70k for it. Buy the Raptor or two Rangers instead. I am a Jeep guy and I wouldn’t touch a Gladiator for anything.

With all the hype surrounding Bronco I would unfortunately expect something similar.

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

44A26012-3ED6-4E14-AF5C-C8DEF1A7913C.jpeg

372336C1-73BC-47BE-878B-32411B45493C.jpeg

There are Dealers on the forums that are selling them 7% below invoice if your willing to order one and then go pick it up from them. Ford dealers will be worst. Just look at what Raptors where selling for.

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fair market value is BS. Crap like this is what hurts the sales of new vehicles. If I would have been looking at Gladiators I would have told this dealer FO and bought a Ranger.

372336c1-73bc-47be-878b-32411b45493c-jpeg.jpg

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In may area I did a search on Gladiators and couldn't find anything under 46k I bought my Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4X4 for 37k

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More rip off sh** environmental protection package $999.00

Jeep bs (2).jpg
Jeep bs3 (2).jpg

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hate all these stupid fees.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wonder how Gladiator sales are doing with all the ADM's

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Jeep may not be Toyota level reliability but having owned three Jeep Wranglers (TJ, JK, TJ) and two other Jeep products (Liberty and Renegade) they are far better overall in reliability and quality than the three Ford products (Mustang, Econoline, Exploder) I have owned. Course, none of them measure up to Toyota (HiLux 86 and 91, Tundra, Tacoma).

I bought a 2006 Tacoma (113,000) in August 2005 and a Jeep TJ Rubicon (94,000) in February 2006. Both have similar mileage and both have been completely reliable thus far. But to be honest, I trust the Toyotas, based on past experience, I always look at the Jeep as, well yeah, so far, so good, lol!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep may not be Toyota level reliability but having owned three Jeep Wranglers (TJ, JK, TJ) and two other Jeep products (Liberty and Renegade) they are far better overall in reliability and quality than the three Ford products (Mustang, Econoline, Exploder) I have owned. Course, none of them measure up to Toyota (HiLux 86 and 91, Tundra, Tacoma).

I bought a 2006 Tacoma (113,000) in August 2005 and a Jeep TJ Rubicon (94,000) in February 2006. Both have similar mileage and both have been completely reliable thus far. But to be honest, I trust the Toyotas, based on past experience, I always look at the Jeep as, well yeah, so far, so good, lol!
Cant speak to the mustang or explorer but if you had issues with an Econoline you might want to buy a lottery ticket. That is one of the most robust vehicles ever built that simultaneously met US safety and emissions standards. (After all, anyone can make a glorified tractor in the shape of a truck that will last forever when they don't care about safety, emissions, or mileage. looking at you hilux ;) )

In all seriousness though I have not had any significant issues with my Jeep liberty either. In my experience quality issues are far more dependent on individual vehicle platforms/powertrains than they are on OEM's as a whole. I take it case by case.