Jeep is getting desperate about the new Bronco

MiamiMustangGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I tried googling for the new bronco. On the results page, there is this giant ad that Jeep is paying for on the search term “ford bronco suv 2021.”
See below:
2C69CF25-9D99-4195-A4D6-FEC602C796D9.jpeg

Desperate times calls for desperate measures

Advertisement

TN Wheeler

First Name
roy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150, Ford f150, Toyota Tacoma
If jeep really wanted to "go to war", they should announce the 2021 jeep Wrangler, can be had with a V-8 at no extra charge....It would get interesting in a hurry.

WJR93

Wildtrak
First Name
Wesley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150, 1969 Camaro
I’ve actually had the opposite. Googling Jeep, bronco ads are at the top of the list. It looks like they are both playing the same game.

coolrain

Wildtrak
First Name
Marcus
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
I’m sure there is marketing dollars going on but it’s also the algorithms in the search engine bringing up ads that fit the topic for the search they don’t always throw the exact product you searched for (as an ad) but it is the same category

Bladerunner24

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Clubs

They should, I'd say it's a death sentence for them. The Bronco beats the jeep in every category except like stance or height.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N, 1964 Fairlane 427W, 1955 Thunderbird, 1970 Bronco
Clubs

Noticed a lot more Jeep commercials on TV now too.

lowmpg

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Vehicle Showcase
Makes a ton of sense, they've been marketing for years they would clearly show up. They also have a product available and in buyer hands. I can't wait for the direct competition vids of Jeeps vs Broncos (I'm sure there will be winners/losers on both sides) but it will be fun ;)

Megawatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU on 35’s and 2.5” lift.
They should, I'd say it's a death sentence for them. The Bronco beats the jeep in every category except like stance or height.
Yeahhh no.

Bronco hasn’t sold a single 2021 Bronco yet.
Bronco has not been tested by the public yet.
Public has not had a chance to whine about leaky roof, paint job, suspension or engine issues, yet.

Kinda hard to claim an unsold product that has not even hit the street is a death sentence to a very established product.

Jeep has been around since 1941, the Bronco has not. I hope the Bronco does well with minor issues from the get go. Mine can’t get here soon enough.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang, wrangler jl, wrangler jlu, Ranger
The hardcore rockcrawler crowd wont be phased by the bronco, but thats probably .01 percent of the people that buy jeeps. Ford has done a great job and as long as this thing is as good in real life as it is on paper it will be a winner.
And yes, jeep is paying attention to what Ford is doing and saying. In their last jeep offering they were poking fun at some of the stuff ford had said and peoples reactions to it in the forums. I'd have gotton a third one instead of my Ranger but they have just gotton too expensive over the years.

TN Wheeler

First Name
roy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150, Ford f150, Toyota Tacoma
There will be a TON of used Jeep Wranglers on the market next Fall. :)
I hope you are correct! If so, the price will drop, big time, I'll buy one with a serviceable v6 and have a 2.8li Cummins installed, keep for strictly off-road use, south TX, southern NM and AZ. If you have kids, you'll be able to buy them a good jeep, cheap! How low do you see prices going?

Advertisement

Advertisement