Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look, these words aren't derived from new-found fanboy syndrome, but rather what I feel is pure logic.

Jeep is in trouble. I'm currently a 2012 Jeep Wrangler owner and recently cancelled a 2020 Rubi diesel order. Why?

Every each of the Bronco has been so well thought out, which is a stark contrast to what I feel is a very outdated Jeep architecture. The Jeep is clearly an inferior product in so many ways. It's actually insulting Jeep continues to charge what they do.

Cool, you've got a solid front axle.

I'm actually blown away how flat footed Jeep's response has been. Their best trick seemingly: jam a V8 in the thing. Even their flagship V6 engine is so underwhelming.

Jeep is going have their lunch eaten by the Bronco. Period. Jeep enthusiasts can continue to justify their purchase by throwing around the solid front axle debate, V8, blabla. But the fact of the matter is, those features appease such a small, narrow end of the market.

I say all this not seeing or driving a Bronco in real-life. But from what I've read, and what I've experienced being a Jeep owner, the Bronco is every bit a better machine. Ford did their homework. They benchmarked every inch of the Jeep and made a materially better product in every way.

I'm glad my Jeep has 200k on it and will be junk by the time my Bronco arrives. I'd be very upset if I recently purchased a Jeep.
Thoughts as of today?
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont think this guy who said Jeep is in trouble thought Jeep was not going have there own answer to the Sasquatch like the Wrangler Extreme Recon I think thats why Ford decided to fill dealerships with Broncos before filling orders like originally planed.

adbennett

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many people besides Ford employees have driven a Bronco, Zero. The Bronco has been carefully driven and marketed. There have been no Bronco failures,,,LOL. The Wrangler has been tested for years and every fault has come up. The faults of Bronco has not even started. Every part on the Wrangler has been built for years. Ford is building a new vehicle with parts with no history. Yes, I know the engine and trans has been in other vehicles but everything that puts them together has not. The Bronco may end up being better than Wrangler but it's just too early to say. Go ahead, roll the dice. I'll keep my JKUR, fully loaded and modded for a few more years.
I drove a bronco this past Tuesday. Friend is a sales manager at a dealership and called me up as they had one for a few hours. Iā€™ve test drove Jeepā€™s in the past as well and never pulled the trigger. Granted they were all test drives, but there was no comparison for me after Tuesday. Bronco, hands down, was the superior machine.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jeep will not be in trouble unless the economy totally tanks. If that happens Bronco production will stop.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I drove a bronco this past Tuesday. Friend is a sales manager at a dealership and called me up as they had one for a few hours. Iā€™ve test drove Jeepā€™s in the past as well and never pulled the trigger. Granted they were all test drives, but there was no comparison for me after Tuesday. Bronco, hands down, was the superior machine.
Exceptā€¦did they have one you could actually buy. The point is, Ford doesnā€™t have a product for the majority of us. Itā€™s been one year since itā€™s release. Where is Ford touting its achievements. No where because they have no achievements to tout.

Jeep sure is touting the fact that there are actual Jeepā€™s on lots to buy, even with COVID, chip shortages, labor shortages, or whatever shit excuse Ford has dreamed up this week.

But I give you this, the imaginary Bronco in my head is better than the Jeep. However, the Jeep on the lot is way better than my imagination.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford could hit jeep even harder by showing the 2 door love that jeep refuses to do. No diesel, v8, 4xe. Oh and that new rubicon package is a no for the 2 door.

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isnā€™t that extreme recon package only offered on the Rubicon and 392? So you have to spend a ton of money already on a higher trim jeep and then even more for that??? Jeep are notorious penny pinchers when selling features.ā€¦.You want windows with your Jeep, thatā€™s gonna cost extra šŸ˜³

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep will be fine.
If you mean ā€œfineā€ as still existing and being profitable, then sure. If you mean gaining market-share and increasing sales, then noā€¦.they will lose heavy market share and no chance they gain unit or revenue growth compared to when they had with no direct competitorā€¦.those days are over. Now, Jeep buyers will be ā€œfineā€ā€¦as they will see product innovation and excess supply like they have never seenā€¦thanks to Bronco.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isnā€™t that extreme recon package only offered on the Rubicon and 392? So you have to spend a ton of money already on a higher trim jeep and then even more for that??? Jeep are notorious penny pinchers when selling features.ā€¦.You want windows with your Jeep, thatā€™s gonna cost extra šŸ˜³
Worse...its only offered on the Rubicon 392 and 3.6 w/ eTorque....the two engine choices many have no interest in. The first for the price tag, the 2nd for the $2000 battery costs.

Jeep has to fix this...there is no way this is challenging for with that limitation.

It does make you wonder though why jeep isn't willing to put 35s on other engines like the 4 cylinder....maybe they worry about it being able to spin this larger wheels?

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife drove a 2008 JK for 4 years and got $4,000 under what we paid on trade in 4 years later. She wanted a Grand Cherokee. So $1,000 a year to drive a new jk. Till bronco has that kind of resale value Jeep wonā€™t have any problems. Now the Grand Cherokee resale is a very different storyā€¦..
Sponsored