Redbeard20

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not sure where you're seeing these sort of deals, but it honestly sounds like you already made your mind up and this post was pointless /shrug

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are all sorts of off roaders at different price levels. You can even get something with a dodge v8 and a stick shift... starting at $250k.
I dont think anyone can correctly answer a personal decision for you. if the Jeep checks the boxes you want checked AND it comes in cheaper than a Bronco, then the decision should be easy. Whatever you get, enjoy it.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
Those kinds of discounts (which I don't believe are correct) mean that Jeep knows they are going to get slaughtered by the Bronco as soon as Ford gets past the reservation holders and can make as much inventory as possible. Remember that a vast majority of Jeep owners drive on the street and there's no comparison.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In my opinion, price shopping like that is if I was deciding among a Honda road orb, vs Chevy road orb, vs BMW road orb. They're all the same and boring. Jeep and Bronco are similar, but very different (and not boring imo).

I have both and enjoy both for different reasons. You only live once, get the one you just straight up like more.

Granted, I have a 392. Cost does come into play there since that's a 90k vehicle. However, if I had a choice between a 392 and any bronco, I wouldn't have to think twice.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So does it count if I'm a Granger customer who's under invoice pricing and not paying a $10k ADM?

But yeah, get what you want you don't have to justify it to us but you might want to read the fine print on that $12k off.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Redbeard20

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not sure where you're seeing these sort of deals, but it honestly sounds like you already made your mind up and this post was pointless /shrug
Chantilly Fairoaks Jeep in Virginia. And tou might be right about that I've really wanted a bronco but after 2 years of waiting and it's still way o
Those kinds of discounts (which I don't believe are correct) mean that Jeep knows they are going to get slaughtered by the Bronco as soon as Ford gets past the reservation holders and can make as much inventory as possible. Remember that a vast majority of Jeep owners drive on the street and there's no comparison.
You might be correct on that front and maybe I just check back in with the bronco in a few years. I think I mostly just want to express my frustration that after 2 years of production the pricing of a bronco is still incredibly high. I really don't want to think of buying a vehicle at list price as being a good deal. I am just very disappointed at Ford and its dealers.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4xe is pretty damn impressive. Silent off roading for 25mi then option to switch to gas. Kind of torn.
I thought that too, until I test drove one. The Bronco drives MUCH better, and not worth the 25 miles of silent driving, IMO.

Imma give it to you straight....nobody here cares what kind of car you buy.

This isn't a Bronco cult, just a forum.
Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 8.19.39 AM

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my area I can’t drive 5 minutes without seeing 10 jeeps. I wasn’t going to add to that craziness even though I’ve been seeing a lot more broncos lately.
Sponsored