First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
I'll pay the $12k to drive a vehicle I don't see every 20 feet and not have people waving at me all day
Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My take is no car is perfect, therefore why overpay for anything? The Bronco is a little more spacious inside and better to drive on the road. The Wrangler is probably a little bit better off-road, more available to buy, and fewer quality issues. If you can get a good deal on the Jeep, and you like it, go for it!

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my opinion, the two are very different vehicles. Like comparing apples and oranges. It just depends on what is important to you.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 2-door, RAM TRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just priced a fairly loaded WildTrak 2-door (MIC, SAS, LUX, Roof Rack, 10-Speed Auto, Tow, Mod Front Bumper, Console Safe and more but with Cloth Seats) and it was $59K and change...

Also just priced out a Rubicon 2-door (2.0 Turbo, 8-Speed Auto, Hardtop, Front Camera, Full Time 4x4, Headliner, Tow, LED's, Safety Package, Cloth Seats) and it was also $59K and change...

*BOTH PRICES MSRP...
However with the WildTrak you get 35's (Rubicon comes with 33's) a Roof Rack, 360 Camera (Rubicon only comes with Front and Rear) 2.7 Turbo V6, 10 Speed Auto, 4.7 gears (4.10 for Rubicon) 12" Touch Screen (8.4" Rubicon) So dollar for dollar you do get a bit more with the WildTrak 2-door.
Now if Ford would only add adjustable A/C vents for the rear passengers-really lame A/C comes from under the front seats!

And of course get their piss poor production under control !!!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wrangler is probably a little bit better off-road, more available to buy, and fewer quality issues.
More readily available? Sure. Better off-road? Forums will be debating that topic for years. Fewer quality issues? Lol. No. CR, literally, named the Wrangler the least reliable vehicle of 2022

Disclosure. Former JKU owner and current BLx2 owner (23k+ miles combined and only a contaminated vac line for a quality issue). And taken my BL every where my Wrangler Moab went.

Also, I like how the OP tossed the grenade and noped the f out. I would be curious to know what his Bronco and comparable Wrangler build is so we can get a true affordable comparison.

Sponsored

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
I went looking and didn't see anything like that

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol wut

u didn't even specify any trim levels, packages, models, optional items......

what a low effort post

u trollin'?

I said it before... should just nuke this subforum.
Who cares about anything other than a Bronco...... this is a Bronco forum where people are excited and enthusiastic about Broncos.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rented and drove a Jeep Rubicon to Texas Off-Rodeo so that I could compare the two side by side... There is no comparison.... Jeep is a has-been... They had a great run, but now being owned by FCA, (Fiat) their destiny doesn't look good and quite honestly, the Rubicon felt like the same noisy ole crappy ride of yester-year...
You might pay less, but you are not getting a the refinement of the Bronco.

BTW, I've noticed everywhere I park, Jeep owners go out of their way to park next to me. That Badlands shines....

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Jeep is actually under Stellantis now.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you re a hard core rock crawler then the solid front axle is better. If road manners, driving ease, etc important then IFS.

Truth of matter is 90% of both the Jeeps and Broncos will NEVER be fully used to their off road capabilities.

My TJ has 215K miles, still doesn’t burn oil and goes anywhere I want. Got E Lockers and lift. That said I ordered a Bronco because on road travels and comfort will be better. Capability will still be exceptional. (SAS) But both will reside in my garage; if Ford ever gets my Bronco built.

Get what YOU want/like and don’t get drug into either of the fanboy clubs. Any doubt, drive both, do an HONEST assessment of what you need, do a Pro/Con list and go for it! Good Luck however you decide.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I could have gotten 12k off a new Willys Sport, I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. What you get with the base 2 door and a set of upgraded black diamond takeoffs is so much more....
Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable 20230122_105949

I have a beautiful color that I didn’t pay extra for. I have air conditioning that I didn’t pay extra for. I have a hard top that I didn’t pay extra for. I have power windows and locks that I didn’t pay extra for. Couldn’t justify a jeep.

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Jeep owners on here are trying to either make this a Jeep forum or convince themselves how good a Jeep is.

Bronco....it's back baby, deal with it!

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took a Wrangler Sahara 4xe out for a test drive about 3 months ago. It was very nice but at that time they seemed to think they were made of gold and wouldn't deal. Jeep dealer called me last week with a good offer but still prefer the Bronco. They also pissed me off with their ridiculous trade offer for my truck. Putting truck up for sale this week so I don't have to deal with a trade in. Will drive my old Honda in the mean time. Losing the MIC hard top and luxury package is making me reconsider the Jeep. Still no real idea of when/if I'll get the Bronco. Wish I knew so I could make a final decision.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just priced a fairly loaded WildTrak 2-door (MIC, SAS, LUX, Roof Rack, 10-Speed Auto, Tow, Mod Front Bumper, Console Safe and more but with Cloth Seats) and it was $59K and change...

Also just priced out a Rubicon 2-door (2.0 Turbo, 8-Speed Auto, Hardtop, Front Camera, Full Time 4x4, Headliner, Tow, LED's, Safety Package, Cloth Seats) and it was also $59K and change...

*BOTH PRICES MSRP...
However with the WildTrak you get 35's (Rubicon comes with 33's) a Roof Rack, 360 Camera (Rubicon only comes with Front and Rear) 2.7 Turbo V6, 10 Speed Auto, 4.7 gears (4.10 for Rubicon) 12" Touch Screen (8.4" Rubicon) So dollar for dollar you do get a bit more with the WildTrak 2-door.
Now if Ford would only add adjustable A/C vents for the rear passengers-really lame A/C comes from under the front seats!

And of course get their piss poor production under control !!!
And for $44k and change, you can get a 2-door Bronco with (MIC, SAS, 2.7, 10-speed auto , Mod front bumper, roof-rack, headliner, 35s, 4.7 gears and more with cloth seats)......
Sponsored