Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn’t read all of the OP but assuming it’s a joke or troll. Jeeps are nice, I have had them and currently have some. Get what you want but the data doesn’t line up.

Please try to option up a Wrangler that has the same standard options as a Base Bronco. The Bronco is about $5k-$7k cheaper.

Not sure how it relates to the higher end models, but this was based on multiple builds, almost orders, and test drives of Sport and Sport S Wranglers last year.
Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I rented and drove a Jeep Rubicon to Texas Off-Rodeo so that I could compare the two side by side... There is no comparison.... Jeep is a has-been... They had a great run, but now being owned by FCA, (Fiat) their destiny doesn't look good and quite honestly, the Rubicon felt like the same noisy ole crappy ride of yester-year...
You might pay less, but you are not getting a the refinement of the Bronco.

BTW, I've noticed everywhere I park, Jeep owners go out of their way to park next to me. That Badlands shines....
Jeep as a brand has never been bigger and they’re under Stellantis now.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't read the 12ish pages of this...

The Jeep vs Bronco thing is tired (I get it, but still tired).
You want a Jeep then get one.
You want a Bronco then get one.

If price is a factor then go used. Which won't work with the Bronco as much.

I prefer the look of the Bronco so so so much over the Jeep, as well as the ride quality.
Don't get me wrong, I like Jeeps but there's a reason I call my friends Jeep "The Pukey Box".
I don't get car sick, except for in his Wrangler. Thing rides like shit.

My Bronco feels like a luxury car with more capable off roading than his Wrangler does.

td;dr: Don't go broke over a car

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jeep vs Bronco thing is tired (I get it, but still tired).
You want a Jeep then get one.
You want a Bronco then get one.
You want a Bronco, then....keep wanting...keep waiting....

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And for $44k and change, you can get a 2-door Bronco with (MIC, SAS, 2.7, 10-speed auto , Mod front bumper, roof-rack, headliner, 35s, 4.7 gears and more with cloth seats)......
If you could actually buy a Base Squatch, it's a screaming. deal. I changed my Base Squatch order to Badlands hoping that I may actually get one in 23.

martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
It sure does considering its a modern design and not something from 1975. Did ya see how much a Rubicon costs? Come on man............

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve read *most of the thread. One thing I remember, it used to be to get a jeep with factory lift wheels and tires, you had to go rubicon which cost way more. Then when bronco came out and allowed Sasquatch on any trim, jeep fell in line and now offers a similar package on lower jeep trims. Competition is good.

OP
OP

Redbeard20

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah I was not expecting this many responses you guys have given me great advice though so thank you. I think I likely will end up getting the bronco instead just gotta find a dealer that isn't going to price gauge me

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they made that battery available as a powerpack for using while camping; e.g , jackery battery, I'd be interested.
I listen to alot of music when I'm camping and being able to power all my stuff using the 4xe battery would be awesome, I've seen 1 guy trying to utilize that but I'm unsure of it's success. I think that's a big miss on jeeps part, imagine being able to bring a TV, sat dish and watching a game/ movie or something like that in the middle of nowhere. I know that's not for everybody but it'd be cool.
Great point - that is a huge miss. Ford Lightning has it. The hybrid Bronco if and when it happens will likely have it as well. I'm swapping to a hybrid if and when it becomes available. I'd never bring all of that wilderness camping where the quiet of nature is much of the point, but there are different kinds of camping, plus tailgating and other times where some extra juice is nice.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 22 Wrangler is available in Tuscadero Pink so it can easily match your panties that get bunched in wad over this stuff

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry didn't mean to post a blank. To explain I am in my mid 20s this is a ton of money for a vehicle and my first big purchase I want to be sure it's worth it so I wanted to see if people who bought a bronco thought it was worth the price they paid.
No matter what you buy just remember it's a depreciating asset.

My brother bought a loaded Sahara at your age and it definitely financially kneecapped him into his 30's. It's not always about "affording" the monthly payment but the opportunity cost of what you could have done with the cash otherwise.

Good luck with your decision, I've had a ton of fun with my OBX.