First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grab a Jeep man. Nothing wrong with a Wrangler, ora Gladiator. Those are bad a$$, esepcially that hemi swapped JT with 40's and dana 60's.
I purchased a Bronco because it's a better fit for me and the fam, and it literally checks, all, the boxes for me.
Sponsored

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 4xe is pretty damn impressive. Silent off roading for 25mi then option to switch to gas. Kind of torn.
More like 3.5 miles of silent off roading. Lol

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4xe is pretty damn impressive. Silent off roading for 25mi then option to switch to gas. Kind of torn.
25 miles isnā€™t much at all, then your MPG suffers from the added battery weight. I donā€™t think itā€™s worth the additional cost. Initially, I was excited by it but like everything, thereā€™s multiple sides to consider.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't understand someone joining up on a Bronco site on this very day and the first conversation is I think I would be better off with a Jeep! Am I missing something here or am I imaging shit again?

6c9f1f3710bb52e9c511c428ed514e4d.jpg
Ehhh. THAT guy on the meme does look pretty badassā€¦

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL - This ^.
95% of this forum and the jeep forums are having slap fights in the mall parking lot as to who is cooler...
And talking up the necessity of Sasquatch/Rubicon option, for their "overlanding" trips (weekend camping at KOA), lol.

Sponsored

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simply because Jeep is foreign owned crap. Might as well just go buy Chinese. And don't dare put an American flag anywhere on it, like all the other ignorant people who think their Jeeps are merican...

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost bought a used JL Jeep to hold me over till I could put an order in for a Bronco (missed the 2022 window). Literally was about to go to the finance persons office and noticed the paint bubbling at all the hinges. Did a quick google search and found it was a pretty significant issue for the JLs.

Ended up walking away from the jeep and buying a brand new Big Bend off the lot for the same price as the used Jeep that had 60k miles on it.

If you like the Bronco and are tired of waiting you can absolutely find one on the lot at MSRP that can hold you over till your perfect Bronco arrives.

Google JL Jeep paint bubbling and you might not want to buy it anymore.
My JK hinges were bubbling pretty bad.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s not an option after 20 ish miles your on gas. And thatā€™s cruising mpg not going up hills.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Has the OP considered price protection in his cost analysis? If he's been waiting 2 years and depending on trim/options, you're looking at around $2k or more of a rebate. I'm assuming the dealer can actually find the private offer on the system, which seems to be an issue for some, lately :rolleyes:.

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By all means, go buy a jeep and leave us alone.

Alright chill out, we don't want this to turn into a shit show.

I've mentioned this a few times.
Before the bronco was revealed I was looking into a jeep since I live in Colorado and it seems like the perfect vehicle for my needs; until I drove a rubicon. The steering was a HUGE factor in me waiting on what ford was gonna do, It just wandered all over the street. That coupled with the smaller feeling interior was a no go for me. I'm sure I can install a whole list of aftermarket steering upgrades, but for me that along with the subpar tech, again was a no go. My bronco will be a daily driver that'll do some trails and overlanding, but I'm not planning on doing the rubicon in it, not as a daily driver anyway. I did however spec out a rubicon with the XR package and it was 62k +/- ; I'm getting mine for 53k. To each their own, but I know if I don't get mine I'll regret buying the bronco, worse case I'm sure I can sell a fully loaded badlands for atleast that; if not more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my problem with Jeep. To get a locking rear dif you're already looking at the high end Rubicon model. And to get the 35s (recon package) you're already well over $70k. Bronco Base gives you sasquatch for tens of thousands of dollars cheaper. Not to mention ride quality. I've driven Jeep wrangler JLs and the Bronco is better in EVERY way. (my opinion of course, which is the right one).

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You cant go wrong either way. They are both great vehicles and each have their plusses and minuses.

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Simply because Jeep is foreign owned crap. Might as well just go buy Chinese. And don't dare put an American flag anywhere on it, like all the other ignorant people who think their Jeeps are merican...
Jeeps are an American division of Stellantis, and made in America by American workers......

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright chill out, we don't want this to turn into a shit show.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Sorry, I'll take my comic relief and scoot on out now!

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

25 miles isnā€™t much at all, then your MPG suffers from the added battery weight. I donā€™t think itā€™s worth the additional cost. Initially, I was excited by it but like everything, thereā€™s multiple sides to consider.

If they made that battery available as a powerpack for using while camping; e.g , jackery battery, I'd be interested.
I listen to alot of music when I'm camping and being able to power all my stuff using the 4xe battery would be awesome, I've seen 1 guy trying to utilize that but I'm unsure of it's success. I think that's a big miss on jeeps part, imagine being able to bring a TV, sat dish and watching a game/ movie or something like that in the middle of nowhere. I know that's not for everybody but it'd be cool.
Sponsored