First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you’re actually doing off road with it, it’s perfectly comfortable for the terrain. I agree it’s not very comfortable at the mall though.
It depends on the off roading you’re doing. A Jeep will suck racing across whoops in the desert in comparison to the Bronco.
Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Slaughtered is a bit strong. Jeep has that brand mystique like Harley where they can put out anything and the masses will gobble it up for the image. That kind of illogical buying is hard to overcome.
That’s because they haven’t had any competition for the past several decades.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We were outnumbered 16-1 in the Jeep to Bronco department here. We've seen 1 other bronco on the trails so far.

PXL_20230121_165724158.jpg
Uhh, the current Broncos have two model years, the Jeeps have decades. Not a fair assessment. How many of those Jeeps were 21, 22 model years?

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on the off roading you’re doing. A Jeep will suck racing across whoops in the desert in comparison to the Bronco.
Pretty sure a 392 will do quite well, not that I’d call that off roaring. Off roaring is not desert racing. They’re two different things.

Sponsored

BroncoMum

Base
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 door Bronco, 2023 Maverick scheduled Vin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a jeep Wrangler- Too bibbly bobbly as a regular use car- Doors feel too weak (closing a washing machine) not much door space either. Went from Wrangler to 2022 Bronco 2 door- As a daily drive bronco is much smoother, doors feel weighty and strong and they are wide. Bronco Cabin is not as crowded feeling-

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the Bronco straddles somewhat between the 4Runner and the Wrangler. Most Jeep drivers concede that the Wrangler/Gladiator isn't a great vehicle for long road trips. The 4Runner is really long in the tooth (and redesign keeps getting pushed back). Also, 4Runner isn't really modular by design like Jeep and Bronco. If taking the top off is important 4Runner doesn't fit the bill. I personally sit up too high for the 4Runner to be comfortable.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing wrong with a wrangler. However if you load one up to match the Bronco there is not going to be a price difference (and the wrangler may end up being more expensive)

However, aftermarket support for the Wrangler is 1000% better and is much much cheaper. Bronco tax is real.

And just an FYI, if tou plan on actually offroading with a wrangler...avoid the 4xe

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing wrong with a wrangler. However if you load one up to match the Bronco there is not going to be a price difference (and the wrangler may end up being more expensive)

However, aftermarket support for the Wrangler is 1000% better and is much much cheaper. Bronco tax is real.

And just an FYI, if tou plan on actually offroading with a wrangler...avoid the 4xe
+1. More availability and lower price on items, due to how long Wrangler has been around. I got my TJ hardtop used but in mint condition locally from a guy for $800. There are used later model hardtops on Marketplace etc. It could be many years before Bronco owners are able to mix and match parts and get good deals on stuff.

The Bronco hardtop will be a big expense for anyone who didn't get with the vehicle, or needs to replace after warranty runs out. And 2-door Bronco still doesn't have a proper fully folding soft top available. The Bronco scene has a long way to go before parity with Wrangler.

And the 4xe, that hulk is nearly 1000lbs heavier than the regular Wrangler. Along with the expense, yeah I would not buy that for off-roading. Generally speaking, pavement users can have a much different idea of what works and makes sense, compared to off-road or utility users.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the 4xe, that hulk is nearly 1000lbs heavier than the regular Wrangler. Along with the expense, yeah I would not buy that for off-roading. Generally speaking, pavement users can have a much different idea of what works and makes sense, compared to off-road or utility users.
I don't know if you watch trail recon on YouTube or not, but he bought a 4XE.. didn't didn't have it very long before I got rid of it. Now Brad is super positive, so he never really talks bad about anything (It's refreshing, but sometimes you really need the bad stuff).

So besides having electrical issues with his, the biggest thing he pointed out was that they have a smaller gas tank to make room for the battery. So when that battery only last you like 10 miles off road (or less), You are now relying on a really small gas tank to get you where you need to go and back.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so with Jeep offering such steep discounts would this not negatively affect resell value over the Bronco? Why would I buy your used Jeep in a year when I can buy a new one cheaper? The same won't be said for Bronco for a long time

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

13 pages of absolute nonsense. Everyone troll this and troll that, because it’s the same old BS. But yet I make a reply on another one of these threads, calling out some other troll BS potential buyer crap and my replies get deleted because they didn’t help or agree with the OP? This what happens to all the good forums with actual useful info. Mods gonna mod by the old ‘your opinion is not mine’ motto and delete replies with an actual point but not the threads that clog. There are 1.7 million replies on this forum, you know how hard that is to weed thru the same crap for people who ACTUALLY use the search option? Same old same old gon’ win every time.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having done this exact comparison at the beginning of last year, I can offer some input. At the time, I was comparing my ordered non-SAS manual transmission Badlands with Lux against a Rubicon. There were some advantages to the way Jeep sets up their packages. I could nix the safety packages, which I couldn't care less about, while keeping the garage door opener. Things like that. My Bronco had been switched to a soft top while I was able to get the SOT top on the Wrangler.

At the time, pricing out the two netted around $500-1000 difference between the two "ideal for me" builds. I was taking advantage of the deals offered by Granger on both, IIRC I got an extra 1% off on the Jeep in those deals, but the Bronco was price protected. It ended up basically a wash between the two.

The big difference is, most of the folks on this forum are still price protected on their Broncos while Jeep has had multiple (7 or 8?) price increases over the last 2 years. I don't think that's a fair comparison to compare a price protected order against current market prices. It'll be an interesting comparison when the Bronco rolls into MY24 and everyone is stuck with the new market adjusted prices.

If you're really set on getting the Bronco, I truly hope you're able to get yours this year.
Sponsored