First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd be surprised if Jeep didn't do this. As a former owner of 4 Wranglers, what I always thought was most lacking was power. They just struggle a bit too much for my liking on the highway. This is a big reason I'm excited about the Bronco. I'm confident that the 2.3L will at least equal the Wrangler's power, maybe surpass it. The 2.7L which I'm getting should blow the Wrangler away.

It'll be interesting to see how long before Jeep puts in a more powerful engine. Oh, and I don't consider the 392 a solution to Jeep's engine problem. They need more power for the masses that cannot afford such a vehicle.
When I traded my JK in on a 2.7 F-150 I always thought how badass the Wrangler would be with a similar power plant. Plenty of torque for off-roading and towing. And decent mileage.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real downside to the Wrangler is that they're approaching these things only because they 'have to' to stay competitive now. Unfortunately, Mopar's idea of staying competitive is basically an afterthought, with very little R&D and involves slapping parts together. Seeing how many guys run the local trails with even slightly bigger tires on their Wranglers, and then break axles, diff gears, etc. because the upgrades they've done don't have all the supporting mods needed. This new Bronco on the other hand, we can definitely hope (and expect) that the factory configuration with SAS package will be strong enough all around to not be breaking stuff easily on harder trails. I wonder if this Wrangler package will include stronger axles and other supporting mods or if they're just throwing odd bits at it to make it look competitive.

This is the main reason I haven't bought a Wrangler to date, too many upgrades and supporting mods needed to make them a real beast off road.
You realize Jeep has been offering Dana 44s (in the rear) for over two decades and a Dana 44 in the front for years (the same differentials included in the Badlands/Sas)? Ford isn't offering a stronger design, they are using the same components Jeep has been using for years.

This isn't new, except they are offering a slightly taller tire, which is in response to customers and Jeep Jamborees, not Ford. They took customer feedback, which you can watch if you watch Jeep Jamborees and engineers and designers talking about it.

"All Jeep vehicles shall adhere to the following requirements for the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree:
  • A minimum of 35” tires for Wranglers or 37″ tires for Gladiators. (Not to exceed 40”. Participant Jeeps with tires over 40″ will be turned away at vehicle evaluation and will not be allowed to attend jamboree, no refund.)"

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was recently speaking with a local Jeep dealership near me - I was inquiring what they would give me to sell them my 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I eventually mentioned I had ordered a Bronco (after he gave me a sale value, I’m not stupid…).

He was actually very complimentary of the Bronco. Said it will be great to have this competition between Ford and Jeep as it’ll only help improve both vehicles in the years ahead. Even said his Dad ordered a Bronco lol.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If this package is only for the Rubicon, Ford still has them beat by a lot.
I'm sure they are just testing the waters. They want to see how many people will buy this over doing 35s on their own. After all they fit with the stock suspension on a Sport. Not much flex room but they do fit.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jeeps should have D44’s standard, the Rubicon should be D60’s. Couldn’t cost that much more to build a D60

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
that's it. canceling bronco and getting Jeep Wrangler RubiSas!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeeps should have D44’s standard, the Rubicon should be D60’s. Couldn’t cost that much more to build a D60
Should Broncos have D44 standard, or D60?

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty funny as the V8 wrangler does not even come with 35s now. And when Bronco Raptor comes out it will have a 37s as an option. I bet for 2023 Jeep will have a 37 tire option for the V8.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, not really a response to the Sasquatch since it was all available, except the 35" tire as an option, prior to the Bronco.
That's laughable....no chance you believe that. You think they just happened to offer 35s, right after the massive response to the Sasquatch package...just two random events? Ok. You should be happy as someone who has ordered a Jeep (yet still hangs around here for some reason) that Bronco is making Jeep get better. They are. That is clear as day.

For anyone else....this is obviously a direct response to Sasquatch....and is good for everyone in the market. Jeep was lazy for decades with no competitor....now they can't be.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37's will break the 392's 0-60 street cred though :LOL:

The only thing I wish we could have from the Wrangler is that ZF transmission.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's laughable....no chance you believe that. You think they just happened to offer 35s, right after the massive response to the Sasquatch package...just two random events? Ok. You should be happy as someone who has ordered a Jeep (yet still hangs around here for some reason) that Bronco is making Jeep get better. They are. That is clear as day.

For anyone else....this is obviously a direct response to Sasquatch....and is good for everyone in the market. Jeep was lazy for decades with no competitor....now they can't be.
You probably don't pay attention to Jeep media and events.

Take off your Ford-blinders and look around.

Do you think Jeep Wrangler fits 35" tires without a lift as a coincidence? Just random that Jeep engineers designed the Wrangler to fit 35" tires without a lift and then offers 35" tires? Wow, what are the chances? What are the chances it was discussed last year, over and over, and at one of the Jamborees, and then it actually happened? Discussed before the Bronco, and happened. Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best thing about Jeep is that when they say they will do something - they do it. 392 is out. The PHEV is out and for sale already..... all these things came out within the past year - and you can buy it today. Who else can do that ? Looking at you Ford.....

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then they would need 37s standard...to make up for that lost ground clearance that comes from the 60.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You realize Jeep has been offering Dana 44s (in the rear) for over two decades and a Dana 44 in the front for years (the same differentials included in the Badlands/Sas)? Ford isn't offering a stronger design, they are using the same components Jeep has been using for years.
No, as someone else said, the beauty of Sasquatch is getting it on a base. You can spec a base Squatch for $37.3k with 35s, D44s front and rear, advanced auto 4x4, hard top, and 4.70 gears.

To get a comparable Wrangler, you're into it at least $44k for a Rubicon with the right options plus whatever Jeep's going to charge for this 35" package, probably another couple grand, and you still only have 4.10 gears.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If this package is only for the Rubicon, Ford still has them beat by a lot.
Yeah if jeep offered 35s on a base wrangler with lockers then they would have something, all they have hear is an official option that was always a dealer option.
Sponsored