First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They can add bigger tires and whatever the hell they want. It will still be a jeep. Get rid of those ridiculously large fender flares, widen the front and at least try to update the body a little, improve the road ride and then you will peak my interest.
Those large fenders serve a function, they allow a narrower front end and keep the sheet metal out of the trees and rocks on tight trails. Iā€™ve seen plenty of fenders get ripped off but they can be clipped back on with no body damage. That wonā€™t be important to 99% of owners but it is a nice feature on a vehicle used hard off road
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those large fenders serve a function, they allow a narrower front end and keep the sheet metal out of the trees and rocks on tight trails. Iā€™ve seen plenty of fenders get ripped off but they can be clipped back on with no body damage. That wonā€™t be important to 99% of owners but it is a nice feature on a vehicle used hard off road
They are very bad looking regardless.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They can add bigger tires and whatever the hell they want. It will still be a jeep. Get rid of those ridiculously large fender flares, widen the front and at least try to update the body a little, improve the road ride and then you will peak my interest.
Below Quote addresses your fender comment perfectly. As far as the ride goes, It's an offroad vehicle. It's more than good enough.

Not to mention, on the Jeep, the front end design keeps the expensive LED headlights out of harms way. Unfortunately the Bronco headlights are going to be a potential expensive repair for those who want to do more than drive dirt roads fast.
The mirrors being cowl mounted are another potential damage point. I actually prefer having cheap ass throw away mirrors on the vehicle when rock crawling. I am not sure how hard it will be to replace the mirror mount on a Bronco if it gets damaged as the hinge point is NOT flush with the body. Good thought, but not an ideal final design for a variety of off road situations, especially with the Bronco being wider than a jeep.

They are very bad looking regardless.
True, The JK and JL Stock Flares are butt ugly, but the aftermarket has a plethora of replacement options to cater function and form.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
its hard to say that they have been lazy when the made huge improvements in 2018. There is literally no comparison between a JK and a JL. If you think that Jeep didnā€™t already have the 392 and 4XE in development, yet weā€™re able to rush them out during a pandemic, then what does that say about Ford?
The Bronco was announced 4+ years ago, Jeep gets a kick in the ass and develops the aforementioned 2018 improvements. I donā€™t know why people have there backs up over a brand. Competition benefits everyon.

Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the link to the wrangler forum - now looking at Jeep... checking dealer inventory - yup there's my model :)
Ya this thread got me going also. I talk to the GM at my Jeep dealership and the rubicon build vs the badlands build was 47k for the badlands and 50k for the rubicon. With the same equipment. I know the problems with the Jeep (because I owned a JLU) but I donā€™t know the problems with the Bronco. All ...I know is Iā€™m not happy with Ford right now and I need to GET OVER It. šŸ˜”

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco was announced 4+ years ago, Jeep gets a kick in the ass and develops the aforementioned 2018 improvements. I donā€™t know why people have there backs up over a brand. Competition benefits everyon.
Jeep has been on a 10 year redesign cycle since the switch to the Wrangler. They were 1 year late with the JL. 1987 YJ, 1997 TJ, 2007 JK, 2018 JL. To think that they brought out the JL because of the Bronco is absurd. Maybe itā€™s your belief that 4+ years is ā€œfrantically adding new enginesā€

No one ā€œhas their backs up over a brandā€ except for the fanboys on this page. If you listen to them you would think Jeep hasnā€™t improved anything since the TJ. I own a New Rubicon and Iā€™m buying a Bronco, so I donā€™t really care what Jeep does in the next 3-4 years. I wonā€™t be in the market for at least that long.

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Competition only benefits US!!

come on Toyota, Honda, Dodge, Mitsubishi, Nissan....

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dammit Jeep! Only 35s?! Youā€™re supposed to respond with 37s!
That way the 2023 Nissan Xterra comes with 40s!!

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At one point in my young life, I worked with an older man who had a crush on a co-worker named Dawn.
Well, it was more of an obsession. Dude was full on in lust over her.
He was fond of elbowing me in the ribs every time she walked by and would say to me
I'd love to wake up next to the crack of Dawn.
:ROFLMAO:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, The JK and JL Stock Flares are butt ugly, but the aftermarket has a plethora of replacement options to cater function and form.
I've never liked the JK flares but every other iteration has looked from fine to great to me, JL included.