Sponsored

Jeep make the Xtreme package available to more trims to compete with the Sasquatch package.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Consumers win again!

I've always felt that Jeep got awfully compliant sitting atop the 4x4 market and the new Bronco has totally kicked them in the pants and now we're off to the races. The Bronco is only going to push Jeep to do more and more, which if funny, but hey, everybody wins.

The truck market is nuts, the off-road market is popping off and I can't wait to see what comes next.
Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Consumers win again!

I've always felt that Jeep got awfully compliant sitting atop the 4x4 market and the new Bronco has totally kicked them in the pants and now we're off to the races. The Bronco is only going to push Jeep to do more and more, which if funny, but hey, everybody wins.

The truck market is nuts, the off-road market is popping off and I can't wait to see what comes next.
Wouldn’t it be cool if it trended downwards like maybe roll up windows. And no ac LMAO.
stripped down base with Sasquatch like when you could buy it with no top.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They already have it out there with the 392 Wrangler Rubicon
I think the bronco raptor will be marketed more as a desert runner, where the 392 is more rock crawl, and street performance advertised.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I think of when I see Xtreme is a gaudy body kit on an S-10.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lockers are more important unless mall crawling status.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn’t it be cool if it trended downwards like maybe roll up windows. And no ac LMAO.
stripped down base with Sasquatch like when you could buy it with no top.
I'd like to see this.
No AC (ok, maybe some AC).
Crank windows.
No GOAT modes, just a mechanical lever 4Lo, 4Hi
No lane keeping, no cameras, no Cruise, no infotainment. Give me a blank spot to put a deck with a CD player and an aux input. If it were legal to do, they could keep the airbags.

Wait. I just described my TJ.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep. And that's where they get ya a bit. It gives you the look, and more clearance and capability.
But for that true Off-road prowess, that's when you step up another 10K or more for the Rubi.

They are pretty smart to design their tiers this way, just as Ford did.
Base Bronco? Great value. But you want a bit more option? Little cooler color? Go BB.

Well here you are at BB and you really would like a capable interior for offroading. You know, where you can hose it out after a long day. Those more aggressive tires and bumpers really do look more rugged, don't they.. and it's not that much more to Go BD.

Well here you are, for just a little more at BD. Isn't this nice? But wait. That BL trim offers some even better stuff you can get package wise. And what's this SBD? Man...you really should consider it. I mean, it's only a few grand more than where you are...

Boom. You are at a BL. Ford had you upsell yourself. All they had to do was interject some psychology in there with finely-tuned limits where one stops and another picks up.
They almost had me, until I realized I don't need a Seay bar disconnect lol

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. And that's where they get ya a bit. It gives you the look, and more clearance and capability.
But for that true Off-road prowess, that's when you step up another 10K or more for the Rubi.

Base Bronco? Great value. But you want a bit more option? Little cooler color? Go BB.

Well here you are at BB and you really would like a capable interior for offroading. You know, where you can hose it out after a long day. Those more aggressive tires and bumpers really do look more rugged, don't they.. and it's not that much more to Go BD.

Well here you are, for just a little more at BD. Isn't this nice? But wait. That BL trim offers some even better stuff you can get package wise. And what's this SBD? Man...you really should consider it. I mean, it's only a few grand more than where you are...

Boom. You are at a BL. Ford had you upsell yourself. All they had to do was interject some psychology in there with finely-tuned limits where one stops and another picks up.
Don't really follow that thought process myself. For me basesquatch is the truth. I'll put in katzkins and a few other small aftermarket bits and call it a day.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd like to see this.
No AC (ok, maybe some AC).
Crank windows.
No GOAT modes, just a mechanical lever 4Lo, 4Hi
No lane keeping, no cameras, no Cruise, no infotainment. Give me a blank spot to put a deck with a CD player and an aux input. If it were legal to do, they could keep the airbags.

Wait. I just described my TJ.
Man that fits my LJ that I sold in June also. Regerts?

Sponsored

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They already have it out there with the 392 Wrangler Rubicon
Whats the difference between a "regular" Rubicon and a 392 Rubicon? is it just the V8?

Cause i'm sure there's going to be a big difference between a Sas'd and Raptor Bronco

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that fits my LJ that I sold in June also. Regerts?
Yeah. A lot.
I still have mine. But every time I talk about selling it I get sad.

However....it's not on the road at the moment.
Lady locked up in front of me to miss a "Big ole' dog in the road".
I was looking in my rearview at the tool tailgating me, couldn't stop in time.
I hit her, he went flying off the side of the road and kept on trucking once he recovered.

Currently sitting at my shop waiting for me to get time to replace the fender, tie rods, steering gear, drag link, pitman arm, and a control arm bracket.

Ford Bronco Jeep make the Xtreme package available to more trims to compete with the Sasquatch package. accident 9.21.21

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm guilty. Exact path I took. And BB is way more capable than what I'll be using it for. Can't wait for my BL to arrive. :)

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, This thread is a good read. It is very exciting to have some competition in this area and see what the manufactures will do to stay on top. I loved some of theories posted. a lot of them do make sense.

I may be wrong on my pricing, but it doesn't seem like there is much difference in price between the base Bronco with Sas and the base Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Both are 42k. Add in the fact that you can probably get a better price on a Wrangler, its pretty competitive. Yes, it doesn't come with 35s, but you can buy some and sell your 33s very easily. I did exactly that on my Gladiator and it cost me $900 after selling my stock tires. The plus side is, I got to pick what tires I wanted.

I still prefer the Sas package approach, vs one trim level having it all. Because you still have a base Badlands and Black Diamond that compete with a Rubicon too. Lots of options for Bronco buyers to customize their build.

I think the Willys with the Recon is a great idea. the Willys trim is already one of the best looking trims and has some more off road goodies to begin with. Like the sliders and limited rear slip diff. It will sell well for sure because it is going to look sick right from the factory. Sometimes Wranglers get a little boring, but the Willys tend to stand out.

I hope we are having the same conversation with the next Gen 4Runner.
Sponsored