Sponsored

Jeep make the Xtreme package available to more trims to compete with the Sasquatch package.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. So it begins. OR actually, so it continues.
This is the competition between brands that will benefit the customer in the end.
-Had it not been for Jeep popularity, the rebirth of the Bronco probably would never have happened.
-Had it not been for the Bronco, Jeep would have continued to do meager updates just enough to say something was changed/upgraded.
-Had it not been for the WT/ Rumored Raptor/ available Squatch then Jeep people probably would not have seen this come about, or possibly even the absence of the 392 in any real factory capacity in numbers people could/would be able to get.

I say bring it on. Bring it all on. From both sides. And all sides.
Toyota, you hear this? Get on back in here with a removable roof fun-haver.
Rebirth of the Scout? Sure, bring it.
Chevy make an actual (removable top) K5 that performs like their Colorado Bison? Hey, Chevy: The Market is there.

Last edited:

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice option for the Jeep. Still doesn't give you lockers though unlike Squatch so not quite apples to apples

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just seems dumb to have beadlock rims and 35's with no lockers. Seems Jeep made the ultimate mall crawler.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice option for the Jeep. Still doesn't give you lockers though unlike Squatch so not quite apples to apples
Yep. And that's where they get ya a bit. It gives you the look, and more clearance and capability.
But for that true Off-road prowess, that's when you step up another 10K or more for the Rubi.

They are pretty smart to design their tiers this way, just as Ford did.
Base Bronco? Great value. But you want a bit more option? Little cooler color? Go BB.

Well here you are at BB and you really would like a capable interior for offroading. You know, where you can hose it out after a long day. Those more aggressive tires and bumpers really do look more rugged, don't they.. and it's not that much more to Go BD.

Well here you are, for just a little more at BD. Isn't this nice? But wait. That BL trim offers some even better stuff you can get package wise. And what's this SBD? Man...you really should consider it. I mean, it's only a few grand more than where you are...

Boom. You are at a BL. Ford had you upsell yourself. All they had to do was interject some psychology in there with finely-tuned limits where one stops and another picks up.

Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boom. You are at a BL. Ford had you upsell yourself. All they had to do was interject some psychology in there with finely-tuned limits where one stops and another picks up.
Wait a second 🤔. I thought this was my own personal rational thought process…. Dang it, Ford!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-Had it not been for Jeep popularity, the rebirth of the Bronco probably would never have happened.
I disagree, however, I think we would have just gotten the Sport branded as the return of the Bronco. I am convinced the Sport was born under one of two circumstances:

1. The Sport was actually supposed to be the return of the Bronco but somebody higher up in Ford with some sense stepped in and said not on my watch. However, the design was far enough along and well received that they kept forward with it and began a new Bronco program. This is why the Bronco Sport debuted first.

2. Ford new that they had a GM mole in building so the Bronco Sport was the ultimate head-fake punk job. They designed the Sport, leaked bits and pieces, slow walked the design and allowed GM to beat them out of the gate with the return of the Blazer. Meanwhile a Bronco skunkworks project was working behind the scene the whole time pointing and laughing at GM who were unknowingly boxing themselves out of an emerging market.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree, however, I think we would have just gotten the Sport branded as the return of the Bronco. I am convinced the Sport was born under one of two circumstances:

1. The Sport was actually supposed to be the return of the Bronco but somebody higher up in Ford with some sense stepped in and said not on my watch. However, the design was far enough along and well received that they kept forward with it and began a new Bronco program. This is why the Bronco Sport debuted first.

2. Ford new that they had a GM mole in building so the Bronco Sport was the ultimate head-fake punk job. They designed the Sport, leaked bits and pieces, slow walked the design and allowed GM to beat them out of the gate with the return of the Blazer. Meanwhile a Bronco skunkworks project was working behind the scene the whole time pointing and laughing at GM who were unknowingly boxing themselves out of an emerging market.
Fair enough, and makes more sense. A lot of sense, actually.
I agree with your disagreement to my agreement to something along the line there.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I’m biased but ford makes it make sense. You have your tiered trims that add features as you go up in price but if you are budget minded but still want capable off roader than you simply add Sasquatch to any trim. I tried to prove put the same vehicle as my black diamond and it’s just confusing and literally no lockers front or rear.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. So it begins. OR actually, so it continues.
This is the competition between brands that will benefit the customer in the end.
-Had it not been for the Bronco, Jeep would have continued to do meager updates just enough to say something was changed/upgraded.
-Had it not been for the WT/ Rumored Raptor/ available Squatch then Jeep people probably would not have seen this come about, or possibly even the absence of the 392 in any real factory capacity in numbers people could/would be able to get.

I say bring it on. Bring it all on. From both sides. And all sides.
Toyota, you hear this? Get on back in here with a removable roof fun-haver.
Rebirth of the Scout? Sure, bring it.
Chevy make an actual (removable top) K5 that performs like their Colorado Bison? Hey, Chevy: The Market is there.
How about competing on lowering the price of all these. Each company is more than willing to add features with a heavy markup. How about a pause on price increases?!?!? The price lock of MSRP for only those prior to 19 March is crap. Especially since there are a lot of people that had actual orders in for a MY21 that Ford could not build, even with switching to soft tops…..I don’t care about little features here and there to increase costs, I want competition to lower or at least hold prices for a little bit.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait a second 🤔. I thought this was my own personal rational thought process…. Dang it, Ford!
To be fair this was my mental struggle last fall when the official B&P dropped and we were able to fine tune, change our build, etc.

I knew a basesquatch was where the value was. Would do a large portion of anything I wanted it to do.
Then I fought with my mind over the BD. Man, how nice would it be to have a rubberized floor and MGV seats. And that bumper, for being a factory front steel bumper, looks pretty decent and is modular as well. and 33's capable (without adding Squatch to the BD value)? It makes sense.

Then I saw a BL in person with the high package vs. a BD. TBH, the look of how that bigger screen filled in that space better (to me), the fact that I could engage and disengage the SB from the seat vs in the dirt? Where I wheel you need every ounce of articulation you can muster. Again, it just made sense.

Suddenly I've upsold myself from a roughly $35k machine to one that is at $55K. But part of my soul still looks hard at that basesquatch for a simplistic, raw machine that would still get it done with some aftermarket support (seat covers, BedTred floor covering, JKS discos).

I think a large percentage of us struggled with this very fight in our minds for a while.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no doubt that Bronco is making them way better....and the Willys will be wildly popular...but no lockers? What the heck?
I am not sure if it was the JL that killed the rear lockers on lower models but somewhere in the past few years Jeep decided that only those who bought Rubicons need a rear (and front) locker.

And again, my alleged Bronco skunkworks program was probably behind the scenes, pointing and laughing at Jeep the whole time as Jeep reduced their flagship's capabilities. Meanwhile Ford is pulling an Oprah, with you get lockers and you get lockers and you get lockers. And not only rear but you get front lockers and you get front lockers....
Sponsored