Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In Colorado, it doesn't matter how close you tailgate. I live in the Rocky Mountains and there is a term "Colorado Windshield" for a reason. Our roads could kick up enough rocks to crack any windshield, but definitely will crack this type of windshield annually, at a minimum.
Alberta too. Every time I fix a windshield it is guaranteed to get another rock chip within a week. I typically leave the windshield in until it is cracked all the way across.

….And every one of the rock chips I have are from either vehicles passing by In the oncoming lane throwing them, or vehicles passing in the passing lane. Not a one from a vehicle I was following (honest)!
Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I recently ordered a Rubicon with GG and there are huge delays on it. Build statuses sitting idle for months on all accounts due to the selection of GG. Some guys cancelled their GG option and re ordered without GG and boom build status is bumping along.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i don't think the bronco will be as susceptible as the jeep. the bronco's windshield has more of a curve and an angle to it so it will not take impacts as direct.
I'd still get it for $95 as insurance if it was available on the Bronco.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently ordered a Rubicon with GG and there are huge delays on it. Build statuses sitting idle for months on all accounts due to the selection of GG. Some guys cancelled their GG option and re ordered without GG and boom build status is bumping along.
So, with 2.7, Lux, two-door hard-top and tow package on my order, I could add Gorilla Glass and not be delayed any further? 😄

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i was just about to post as well. Seems that the GG is causing order delays. Hell our folks are ready to order Broncos without Tires if they could get it quicker.

Timmytime5

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently have a 2018 JK Wrangler Rubicon 2dr. After 2 broken windshields from rocks off semis on the interstate I decided to try the GG shield after watching a video of an engineer shooting a bullet into one. It was quite convincing. It is a Mopar part and ordered through a Jeep dealer. It looks great with a gorilla in one corner and the jeep image in the other. Unfortunately, it lasted 5 days. Yes 5 days and cracked with the first rock that hit it. The silver lining is Corning offers a 2 year free replacement warranty and they honored it. It was replaced without question. That one last for just over a year and cracked again. Again, replaced with no questions. As long as they keep replacing it makes sense. If Corning ever removes that benefit I would not recommend it and just stick with a regular windshield.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I currently have a 2018 JK Wrangler Rubicon 2dr. After 2 broken windshields from rocks off semis on the interstate I decided to try the GG shield after watching a video of an engineer shooting a bullet into one. It was quite convincing. It is a Mopar part and ordered through a Jeep dealer. It looks great with a gorilla in one corner and the jeep image in the other. Unfortunately, it lasted 5 days. Yes 5 days and cracked with the first rock that hit it. The silver lining is Corning offers a 2 year free replacement warranty and they honored it. It was replaced without question. That one last for just over a year and cracked again. Again, replaced with no questions. As long as they keep replacing it makes sense. If Corning ever removes that benefit I would not recommend it and just stick with a regular windshield.
Shit man.
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if they changed the formula in the last few years.
Sponsored