www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at that. Cheap price too.
Just need to see it in person before I commit
One has a bit of a lip on it, the other doesn’t. Kind of odd, but I imagine the slight lip will deflect better. But I agree, I’d like to see it in-person first if I can.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gorilla glass is used extensively on phones and covers a wide array of sensors, camera lenses and more. I think it would be fine.
Yes indeed. If they make it with the same tech as the phone screens, just in larger form.. oof. That would be revolutionary.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One has a bit of a lip on it, the other doesn’t. Kind of odd, but I imagine the slight lip will deflect better. But I agree, I’d like to see it in-person first if I can.
Yeah I mainly need to see the quality. I prefer products that look OEM, not after market
I also wonder if the black they use clashes with the black obx grill or complements it

Ford Bronco Jeep offering Gorilla Glass windshields for JL / JT Screenshot_20210616-123126_OneDrive

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would totally add this. Arizona I'd rock chip central and have a near vertical windshield doesn't help.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here we have to replace windshields frequently... Just lots of rocks everywhere. So most of us carry zero-deductible class replacement in our insurance.

So why would I pay extra for a more expensive windshield? I'm doubting when it gets chips that the insurance will replace it with another Gorilla Glass. Or it will be higher insurance premium?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here we have to replace windshields frequently... Just lots of rocks everywhere. So most of us carry zero-deductible class replacement in our insurance.

So why would I pay extra for a more expensive windshield? I'm doubting when it gets chips that the insurance will replace it with another Gorilla Glass. Or it will be higher insurance premium?
The idea is that it doesn't chip
(It can, and eventually will.. but you're banking on it lowering the risk of it occurring)

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep Adds Gorilla Glass Windshield Option to Gladiator & Wrangler (roadandtrack.com)

We all know that the steep angle of the JK / JL / JT windshield makes them prone to impact damage, so it looks like Jeep is offering a stronger glass windshield. Given the slope of the Bronco windshield I wonder if this would be an issue as well. I would gladly spend an extra $95.00 for a Gorilla Glass windshield and I hope Ford offers this soon. Thoughts if the Bronco will have the same issue with cracked windshields as the Wranglers?
Hopefully all car manufacturers start to add this to their vehicles, and good upgrade.

Sponsored

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t ride people’s asses and that should help with rocks getting kicked up hitting windshield
In Colorado, it doesn't matter how close you tailgate. I live in the Rocky Mountains and there is a term "Colorado Windshield" for a reason. Our roads could kick up enough rocks to crack any windshield, but definitely will crack this type of windshield annually, at a minimum.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FWIW, one of the demo units I saw in Denver already had a cracked windshield.
Not all cracked windshields in Colorado are caused by debris hitting them. There's a weird phenomenon here that has to do with temperature differentials. Turning on your front defroster without completely removing the snow first, or trying to wash your windshield when it's been sitting in the sun for a while causes a temperature swing in the glass that can crack it with no impact.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stupid question (?): Modern windshields are made with “sandwich glass”; two layers of glass sandwiching a layer of plastic. This allows the windshield to (somewhat) absorb impacts both from in front of the vehicle as well as from inside, without “shattering” or exploding…. As they would when you get in a serious head on collision. This is why an unbuckled passenger might go through the windshield rather than get seriously cut up and injured just from going through it (although admittedly the result on the pavement might well amount to the same thing). I guess if Jeep has gone to Gorilla Glass this is perhaps not a worry? Or is this Gorilla Glass likewise to sandwich a plastic layer?
Sponsored