gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The F bolts were all over the original bronco as well.....and when they ran out of rivets in 66, they used F bolts/screws until more were available lol. There's a bunch of 66 built in 9/65' with 748 vins that got them.

20210904_155948.jpg
Is it just me.. or do those have a 'D' on them?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me.. or do those have a 'D' on them?
Lol I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that thought he saw that.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FJ=Foreign Jeep (or Fake Jeep)
You’re kidding or trying to be funny with this right?

Not true about what it means and I’d take my old FJ40 back in a second if I hadn’t been some dumb drunk 23 year old and flipped it and ruined it about 30 years ago.

Sponsored

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Isn't there a company out of the philippines that still makes early jeeps? The got a licensing deal with Williys after WW II that is still valid.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't there a company out of the philippines that still makes early jeeps? The got a licensing deal with Williys after WW II that is still valid.
Think you might be referring to Mahindra that makes the Roxor. They're based out of India, and the Roxor is very similar to the CJ's.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wasn’t the seven slot grille that Jeep loves to flaunt originally designed by Ford too?
That's one of the reasons why when Chrysler tried to sue GM about the 7 slot Hummer grill being trademark infringement they judged the case had no merit, because Jeep didn't design the grill

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well one could also claim Cadillac owes its existence to Ford, since Henry worked for the Cadillac motor company and designed/ built the first Cadillacs.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is the only company to produce the original Jeep that didn't fold up like a cheap suit or be passed around by axis power countries manufacturers like an over-served freshman at a frat party...
Ford produced a consumer open top 4x4 from 1966-77 and then folded. Out of the game.

Jeep stayed in the game through all sorts of corporate suiters (good and not so good). Thank god for Jeep, while Ford was MIA for so long.

I like the new Bronco - a lot. But people trash talking with what, their reservation time stamps, lol.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford produced a consumer open top 4x4 from 1966-77 and then folded. Out of the game.

Jeep stayed in the game through all sorts of corporate suiters (good and not so good). Thank god for Jeep, while Ford was MIA for so long.

I like the new Bronco - a lot. But people trash talking with what, their reservation time stamps, lol.
Ford motor company fulfilled military contracts along side Bantam and Willys overland/Kaiser during world War 2, producing a GP vehicle in the same pattern, along with the two .entitled, defunct makers, as what would turn into the civilian Jeep [Wrangler]. What did I say that was incorrect?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, when looking at old flat fenders, you can look for the F on the bolts to see if it was a Ford or not.
You can also look at the Grill and count the number of vertical slots.
7 = Willys Overland, 9=Ford

Ford held a trademark on the 9 slot grill and came up with the idea of stamping/dimpling them in to make it a stronger piece. After the war there were some legal battles over the design. (9 vs. 7)
Fast forward to the late 90s and the same legal fight came into play on the H2 when GM tried to use 9 slots on the grill. Interesting as the most iconic feature of a Jeep is a Ford design.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

….and GP is one thought as to why they are called Jeep’s.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford motor company fulfilled military contracts along side Bantam and Willys overland/Kaiser during world War 2, producing a GP vehicle in the same pattern, along with the two .entitled, defunct makers, as what would turn into the civilian Jeep [Wrangler]. What did I say that was incorrect?
Actually I don't think Kaiser was involved with producing the WWII "jeep" vehicle. And not sure what's up with your "axis power" and "frat boy" characterizations of Jeep and it's suiters, and comparing to Ford hanging around. Hanging around, that's something, I guess, lol. Anyway my response was more along the lines of - big deal.

Jeep has been the real deal in open top 4x4s for consumers for decades, whatever part various makers have played since the beginning of time, back to whomever invented the conestoga wagon . ;)

Kudos to Jeep for surviving and producing so many vehicles for open top 4x4 fans. Ford's been largely MIA from the open top 4x4 scene. I'm please Ford is finally getting back in the game. Did I say something incorrect?
Sponsored