First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well one could also claim Cadillac owes its existence to Ford, since Henry worked for the Cadillac motor company and designed/ built the first Cadillacs.
From memory I believe there is also Buick/Ford cross-pollination - one worked for/with the other back in the day.
Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re kidding or trying to be funny with this right?

Not true about what it means and I’d take my old FJ40 back in a second if I hadn’t been some dumb drunk 23 year old and flipped it and ruined it about 30 years ago.
Hopeless Diamond said:
FJ=Foreign Jeep (or Fake Jeep)

FJ = Foreign Jeep is a somewhat factual based description of the early Toyota FJ. The “J” was the internal code for the body style aka Jeep, the “F” was the engine code (gas) “B” for diesel units, to which you can still buy a “BJ” in South America.

You can find a ton of information about the FJ online, but essentially, Toyota brought multiple Jeep’s in house after WWII and gave them to their engineers to take apart, document and design replacement parts that were stronger, heavier and more durable, then repackage the parts into the FJ, hence why it looks like a cross between a flat fender and round fender (CJ).

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopeless Diamond said:

FJ = Foreign Jeep is a somewhat factual based description of the early Toyota FJ. The “J” was the internal code for the body style aka Jeep, the “F” was the engine code (gas) “B” for diesel units, to which you can still buy a “BJ” in South America.

You can find a ton of information about the FJ online, but essentially, Toyota brought multiple Jeep’s in house after WWII and gave them to their engineers to take apart, document and design replacement parts that were stronger, heavier and more durable, then repackage the parts into the FJ, hence why it looks like a cross between a flat fender and round fender (CJ).
I know the F and B engine type and designation. We (the group I ran with) never nicknamed them foreign or fake. But then again. We were the ones who owned them and knew they were better than the CJ’s and wranglers running around at the time.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From memory I believe there is also Buick/Ford cross-pollination - one worked for/with the other back in the day.
Dodge.
The early motors for the Model A were Dodge Bros motors. HF also had the crates for the engine built to print as well. When the motor was used in the car, the crate was taken apart and used in the floorboards of the car.

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ROKBRNC said:
Hopeless Diamond said:

You can still buy a BJ in many unsavory parts of towns. :p
Sponsored