Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

I have a Bronco Badlands ordered with a June 28th build date.

I was so excited for the Bronco release that I couldn't wait any longer for an offroad vehicle, especially during COVID times and I ended up purchasing a manual (what I call "base" model) 2020 Jeep Rubicon to start my offroading life while waiting.

Since then, I have done a number of upgrades myself such as installing mopar LED Headlights, replacing the stingray grill with a stain black grill, replacing hallogen stock tail lights with Oracle black tail lights, installing ARB onboard air, removing all red rubicon decals with black, etc..

What I'm getting at is that I love my Jeep. I've owned Ford in the past and I feel like in comparison, this is what will bother me:

1) Independent front suspension. I dont drive my Jeep as a daily, I drive it for fun and enjoy the ruggedness and enjoy the feel that when I'm driving it, I'm driving my recreational vehicle.

2) Fords are built cheap interior wise and I feel like the inside of a Bronco will be lower in quality than my Rubicon. I will admit that reliability wise, I'd probably lean towards Ford over Jeep.

3) The colors of Bronco are shitty. I have a Stingray Jeep and I love the color. I originally had a Cactus Grey Bronco ordered but once I saw it on the Ranger I knew it would be a color I would get tired of. So I opted for boring black for the Bronco as all other color options are pretty plain in comparison. Military green or a Stingrey woulda been nice In a Bronco.

What I'm looking for, is someone to convince me that going Bronco is the better choice over my Jeep and would really enjoy hearing out people's thoughts on this as I'm definitely considering passing on my Bronco order.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need us to convince you. If you've fallen in love with Jeep, nothing wrong with that. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you to cancel your order!

BTW, any good OHV up by you? Hollister Hills is the closest to me.

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need us to convince you. If you've fallen in love with Jeep, nothing wrong with that. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you to cancel your order!
So you're saying I should go through with buying it and charge half the dealer markup they would charge when I cancel?

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, any good OHV up by you? Hollister Hills is the closest to me.
Hollister has been fun but narrow trails going both ways. I prefer areas around Lake Tahoe. Mormon trail was the best for snow wheeling.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

I was so excited for the Bronco release that I couldn't wait any longer for an offroad vehicle, especially during COVID times and I ended up purchasing a manual (what I call "base" model) 2020 Jeep Rubicon to start my offroading life while waiting.

Since then, I have done a number of upgrades myself such as installing mopar LED Headlights, replacing the stingray grill with a stain black grill, replacing hallogen stock tail lights with Oracle black tail lights, installing ARB onboard air, removing all red rubicon decals with black, etc..

What I'm getting at is that I love my Jeep. I've owned Ford in the past and I feel like in comparison, this is what will bother me:

1) Independent front suspension. I dont drive my Jeep as a daily, I drive it for fun and enjoy the ruggedness and enjoy the feel that when I'm driving it, I'm driving my recreational vehicle.

2) Fords are built cheap interior wise and I feel like the inside of a Bronco will be lower in quality than my Rubicon. I will admit that reliability wise, I'd probably lean towards Ford over Jeep.

3) The colors of Bronco are shitty. I have a Stingray Jeep and I love the color. I originally had a Cactus Grey Bronco ordered but once I saw it on the Ranger I knew it would be a color I would get tired of. So I opted for boring black for the Bronco as all other color options are pretty plain in comparison. Military green or a Stingrey woulda been nice In a Bronco.

What I'm looking for, is someone to convince me that going Bronco is the better choice over my Jeep and would really enjoy hearing out people's thoughts on this as I'm definitely considering passing on my Bronco order.
Iā€™m in a similar boat. I am contemplating buying a Jeep to play around with before my Badlands arrives. My biggest concern is the sport bar behind the driverā€™s head, given my height (6ā€™4ā€). If I get Into a collision in a Jeep, it would not be pretty. šŸ˜®

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just looking at the same thing, but want to order one, a Rubicon. The Jeep ordering window is closed for 2021 and hasn't yet opened for 2022. If I don't get a production date before the window opens for a 2022 Jeep, I'll probably cancel my Bronco order.

You're right, the Jeep is probably more "rugged" and will likely have less maintenance related to the off road components. You're able to order a Rubicon with less intrusive electronics (which failed prematurely in my Ford). The interior of the Jeep is pretty nice, especially compared to my low-end Ford. So, Jeep checks all the boxes, but neither the Bronco or Rubicon are currently available, or are not available in the configuration I want. So, I wait.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

I think you answered your own question. You love the Jeep and its not your daily, so no real need for IFS unless your primary goal is desert running. You dont like the bronco colors or the materials Ford uses either but you like the Jeep. Sounds like you dont need your res.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean you sound like you don't really like anything the Bronco has to offer, so is this really a difficult decision for you?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, trying to find a black 2D Rubicon with manual trans is like trying to find a 2D Badlands in my driveway. No matter how many times I look, it ain't out there.

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean you sound like you don't really like anything the Bronco has to offer, so is this really a difficult decision for you?
FOMO might be the only reason to go Bronco, sadly. And my pops is a Ford guy :(

But man, ain't this Rubi pretty?

20210425_161022.jpg

Sponsored

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FOMO might be the only reason to go Bronco, sadly. And my pops is a Ford guy :(

But man, ain't this Rubi pretty?

Ford Bronco Jeep Owner - Bronco Contemplating 20210425_161022
I'm not a huge fan of the stingray, I think it's kinda boring tbh, and I never liked the fenders of Jeeps lol so maybe not the right guy to ask :LOL: but objectively yeah it is lol

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a huge fan of the stingray, I think it's kinda boring tbh, and I never liked the fenders of Jeeps lol so maybe not the right guy to ask :LOL: but objectively yeah it is lol
I agree, the stock wrangler fenders are way too bulky and ugly. I installed rugged ridge max terrains which are thinner profile from the OG.

PXL_20201220_175930229.MP.jpg

20210425_160937.jpg

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, the stock wrangler fenders are way too bulky and ugly. I installed rugged ridge max terrains which are thinner profile from the OG.

Ford Bronco Jeep Owner - Bronco Contemplating 20210425_160937

Ford Bronco Jeep Owner - Bronco Contemplating 20210425_160937
Those do look better than the stock ones

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good luck with your Rubicon. There are lots of good threads on the Wrangler forums for how to fix death wobble, and repair the Rubicon disconnect. Unfortunately Wranglers do have their own share of problems (I sold my ā€˜14 JKUS). Iā€™m sure we will have different Problems with the Broncos. The new Broncos are not for everyone. Iā€™m pretty impressed with the off-road testing I have seen with the Bronco and it appears to not have any problems with the trails they have tackled so far.

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck with your Rubicon. There are lots of good threads on the Wrangler forums for how to fix death wobble, and repair the Rubicon disconnect. Unfortunately Wranglers do have their own share of problems (I sold my ā€˜14 JKUS). Iā€™m sure we will have different Problems with the Broncos. The new Broncos are not for everyone. Iā€™m pretty impressed with the off-road testing I have seen with the Bronco and it appears to not have any problems with the trails they have tackled so far.
I agree, the videos I've seen on this site for the offraod capabilities of the Bronco look insane. Obviously part of the debate in my head. Guess I'll have to test drive my Bronco and decide. If I could afford both, I would but unless I win the lotto by then I'll have to make up my mind on the spot.
Sponsored