Sponsored

Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a JK with 35s, nothing crazy.

I expect the Bronco to be the love child of my JK and my Land Rover but good with electronics.

Helluva rig, @tmobileguy but comparing stock to stock, I think the Bronco is going to upstage the Jeep Wrangler in the same way AMD has come back in the fight against Intel; both FCA and Intel have/had been sandbagging without a true direct competitor for years. For built versions, you have to compare wallet to wallet and I'm sure they'll both be very similarly capable.

Are any Jeep owners excited about the soft top option? I rarely see them, like almost never. Pretty sure I wouldn’t want one, but if there is a big upside let’s hear it.
I always felt hard tops neutered the Jeep experience, but many people prefer them now. I enjoyed the relatively quick convertibility of the soft top on the 2-door, but the 4-door was a PITA.
Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are any Jeep owners excited about the soft top option? I rarely see them, like almost never. Pretty sure I wouldn’t want one, but if there is a big upside let’s hear it.
I have a 2018 Rubicon with soft top. Jeep dramatically improved the soft top in 2018. That said, I’m switching to a hard top on the Bronco for security and just something different.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I am still tempted with a wrangler due to better price and more (and cheaper) aftermarket.... but is the drive-ability and comfort really as bad as people say? I have a XJ right now and I do have bump drifting in the steering that I contribute to the FSA, but I actually find it easy to drive.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hate to break it to you but the Bronco will (unfortunately) be wildly popular among soccer mom's as well.
Agree, but without the *unfortunately* bit. Without those soccer moms swooping these rigs, enthusiasts don’t make up a majority of the market to justify production.
Plus, soccer moms are hot.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-Can a winch be installed inside a bumper? On the F150/3.5 I can't because it blocks the intercooler, I don't know if the 2.7 is the same and the bumper on top of the winch will block the radiator somewhat.
From what we've seen, the factory steel bumper's winch plate goes on top of it, not inside. Unfortunate, but the aftermarket will come up with a solution.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what we've seen, the factory steel bumper's winch plate goes on top of it, not inside. Unfortunate, but the aftermarket will come up with a solution.
I thought it was determined that it was due to the forward sensor for adaptive cruise, etc. No?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct. I should not have complained an I am sorry for that? my frustration from when I owned a wrangler came out and couldn’t control it lol
Understand that we need those soccer mom's buying Broncos so it is a viable vehicle for Ford. Same with Jeeps. Those soccer mom's then trade'em in after a few years and supply the used car market with un-abused mostly stock models for the enthusiast to mod

Back on topic. As a Jeep guy, from an asthetic view, I am excited about the modular top and the different configurations to be had. Also like the looks of the frameless doors. Looks cleaner than the Jeep.

From a performance perspective, 400 ft-lbs of torque and turbo motors that can easily be squeezed for more. Also the on-the-fly discos has me intriqued

Autodidactyl

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or how about we give Chevy a good ribbing for reviving the Blazer name plate... As yet another crossover? Maybe they should have waited on that one, then we could have had Chevy doing what they did with the Camaro following the 2005 Mustang redesign, and they could have done a retro Blazer competitor to the new Bronco.

But hey, at least there's talk of resurrecting the Hummer brand again. In a few years having a head to head with Hummer vs Bronco vs Jeep should make for some great competition in the off-road space!

My heart is with the Bronco already though ❤

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree, but without the *unfortunately* bit. Without those soccer moms swooping these rigs, enthusiasts don’t make up a majority of the market to justify production.
Plus, soccer moms are hot.
Soooo many people dont get this. Porsche people bitch about the Cayenne SUV, but without it, no 918 Spyder or GT3RS.

Let the mall crawlers be, and let us reap the benefits of their dollars.

Sponsored

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2005 wrangler with a soft top. I love it. I also plan to keep it until I can pass it to my son when he turns 16. It is insanely fun to drive, the soft top looks good on a tj, and it’s really convenient.

I waited until my kiddo was old enough to crawl into the car seat before I got the Wrangler I had been planning to get for YEARS. Now I have another on the way and the thought of a rear facing in a 2 door is entirely unappealing. So I’ll be getting a 4 door Bronco for more practicality. I also have a sibling that works for Ford so if I can use A plan that will be huge. The value seems better to me than Jeep currently. Could be different by the time the Bronco actually arrives though!

I never have the top and doors on. I haven’t bothered to get mirrors for when the doors off so I suppose it will be nice that the mirrors will stay on the Bronco lol

Whelan007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had three Jeeps, a CJ5, a 2012 JK and a 2019 JL. I like them all but at 6'3" I have not fit comfortably in any. Any over 6' can have problems with the overhead roll bar right over the front seats. I was so happy to see there wasn't one in the Bronco.
Also the Bronco is so much better looking. It should have significantly better steering and ride. Since I'm not into serious off roading I'm fine without solid front axel.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hate to break it to you but the Bronco will (unfortunately) be wildly popular among soccer mom's as well.
Maybe the Sasquatch will
I have a 2005 wrangler with a soft top. I love it. I also plan to keep it until I can pass it to my son when he turns 16. It is insanely fun to drive, the soft top looks good on a tj, and it’s really convenient.

I waited until my kiddo was old enough to crawl into the car seat before I got the Wrangler I had been planning to get for YEARS. Now I have another on the way and the thought of a rear facing in a 2 door is entirely unappealing. So I’ll be getting a 4 door Bronco for more practicality. I also have a sibling that works for Ford so if I can use A plan that will be huge. The value seems better to me than Jeep currently. Could be different by the time the Bronco actually arrives though!

I never have the top and doors on. I haven’t bothered to get mirrors for when the doors off so I suppose it will be nice that the mirrors will stay on the Bronco lol
the bronco pics with the soft top down look sooo convenient and quick, but I had a convertible in the past and told myself never again. Looks, durability , security and plastic windows will probably make me upgrade to hardtop.