Sponsored

Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco?

Wveddy

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU with LS, 79 F100, 73 Cuda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Wveddy Martin, I think all Jeep owners, if they are honest with themselves, would say the same thing. I do enjoy my Jeep, and it drives fairly well compared to the other few I have driven. But, that dead spot at the top of the steering is something that one has to get used too. We took ours on a 5K+ road trip last year, and by the time we were 1K into the trip I didn't even notice the play in the wheel. But, it would sure be nice if it wasn't there, especially at highway speeds. :)
Dont get me wrong, my jeep drives better than most. But compared to my grand cherokee its like night and day. Some days i think my 79 F100 handles as good or better than the Jeep. My wife and daughter won’t even drive it (which is a plus). I will say a v8 in the wrangler unlimited feels right. I like the 392 concept, but a 5.7 hemi would be fine.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dont get me wrong, my jeep drives better than most. But compared to my grand cherokee its like night and day. Some days i think my 79 F100 handles as good or better than the Jeep. My wife and daughter won’t even drive it (which is a plus). I will say a v8 in the wrangler unlimited feels right. I like the 392 concept, but a 5.7 hemi would be fine.
I had a '79 F-250, and it definitely drove better. And it had like a million miles on it. But, the wife and I both struggled with the decision to let our JL go for the Bronco. The suckers fun no matter how it drives. :)

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damnit, I should have thought of that. But nooooooo, I had to have a bumper hitch for my truck. Just my luck, always sucking the hind tit...........
Lol i ordered a winch for the bronco i dont even own yet ,gf bday is in dec winch arrives and she thinks its for her jeep " thanks baby*?
Ford Bronco Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco? 20201219_150942

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a multi-time prior owner of both, I'm happy to see the Bronco is back and that the competition will make them both better going forward. I am happy that Ford chose to target the Wrangler as I tend to prefer offroad focused utilitarian vehicles. Like any vehicle, each will have its own strengths and weaknesses, but I don't have a bad thing to say about either one.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol i ordered a winch for the bronco i dont even own yet ,gf bday is in dec winch arrives and she thinks its for her jeep " thanks baby*?
Ford Bronco Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco? 20201219_150942
Mark, you better hope she doesn't know your password to this site. You'd be in soooooo much trouble. But, I do like your style. :)

Sponsored

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had an '06 and '07, but currently drive a '14 Rubicon with an AEV suspension and several other AEV accessories - it's like floating on clouds off-road - super fun! Highway road noise kind of sucks, but other than that no complaints and no problems.

28 years ago I sold my '70 Bronco to put a ring on my wife's finger - best decision I ever made! I'm just looking forward to some new Bronco adventures.

AreaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd like to plan for a bronco in the next couple years, but will hold out and see if they expand the MT to the more powerful engines.
Sponsored