Sponsored

Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco?

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any current or prior Jeep (lets be specific - wrangler) owners, what are you excited about with the new Bronco? I love the Wrangler but I’m allowed to like other vehicles right?

I’m excited about the following:
- excited to drive the IFS, seems competent off road from the vids so far and will be a lot better on road
- no death wobble concern (although I’ve never had it in my jeeps)
- 35s and coil-overs from the factory
- hydraulic sway bar disconnect can be done under load
- love that the doors and roof panels fit in the back
- 12 inch screen (wife said “gotta have the 12 inch” then she realized what she said)
- I have always liked Ford vehicles and love the Bronco history (used to own a Bronco II)
- Love the look and feel of the Bronco

What else are Jeep owners excited about?
Sponsored

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the Ecoboost. I’ve had a lot of Ford trucks but my first Ecoboost was in a 2015 and I was sold on it at that point. I hate the 3.8 and 4 speed in my Wrangler. Not regearing after 35s has not helped either. After the engine I would just say I’m excited for the overall build quality. I feel Ford makes some good quality vehicles - Chrysler - eh. Lastly - every soccer mom in our area has a Wrangler. Looking forward to some uniqueness.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was excited about the concept of fixing some of the Jeep complaints. I.E. permanent mirrors, door storage, better street ride, factory 35’s etc. It’s just a new entrant into the doors and top off experience. I like any cool vehicle.

ScottW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a very nicely built JK wrangler but here's what makes me want a Bronco.
-2.7 ecoboost/10 speed transmission. I have the 3.5/10 speed in my F150 and it is a fantastic engine.
-Rack and pinion steering. My Wrangler handles fine but its still not as good as the F150. Read the forums and there are threads for days with people complaining about how their Jeep handles. It does not instill confidence in buying a new one.
-Hopefully a little more comfortable/quiet for longer road trips.
-Sasquatch. I spent a fair amount of money and time to be able to run 35's properly on my Jeep, having that option from the factory means I won't need to duplicate the effort and it will come properly geared with lockers. The main thing that would probably get replaced eventually would be the stock coil overs for KIngs but that would be awhile.
-Better fuel economy. Everyone has their thoughts on this but my F150 gets 19 mpg on 34" tires so I expect the Bronco will be similar. On stock tires I got 20-21 mpg.
-Design, inside and out I really like the way the Bronco looks.

Things I'd like to find out
-Can a winch be installed inside a bumper? On the F150/3.5 I can't because it blocks the intercooler, I don't know if the 2.7 is the same and the bumper on top of the winch will block the radiator somewhat.
-Will the hardtop still radiate heat/cold the way Jeeps do? I have headliners which help but hopefully design advancements will help.
-Waiting for the test drive reviews to start coming out.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to say it but I really hope the bronco owners don’t turn into the wrangler owners near me.... most of them don’t like top/doors off, only go to pick kids up in it, don’t even know how to use the 4x4, etc.. pretty much most ones I see around here are soccer moms.
I had really hoped this forum wouldn't devolve into people complaining or talking down about how others use or don't use their own vehicles.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have a jeep but I've always wanted a rubicon.... Im most excited for the Bronco because.

1. Door windows are frameless
2. Competition means we win.

Disappointments:

1. Rear seat fold-solution seems half-assed on 2 door at least.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jeep owners - why are you excited about the new Bronco? 72F85B1D-6853-46D4-B6EE-9161FCD6D98A

2014 JKU owner who drives and trusts FoMoCo at work.

I’m *very* excited about the Bronco. I’m hoping it’s everything I love about my Jeep but without it being an FCA product.

If ford can manage to not let the top leak, or let the heater core clog, or the let radiator leak, or make the ride better, or make the steering more responsive, or provide an engine with enough power, or... or... or.... even if they can improve on just *one* of those things... switching to the Bronco will be more than worth it.

Last edited:

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whoa bro, I have a Nissan with cvt and I take offense to that... kidding, but I really do have one and love how it drives, haha

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. The Bronco is gorgeous.
2. #1above
?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had really hoped this forum wouldn't devolve into people complaining or talking down about how others use or don't use their own vehicles.
You are correct. I should not have complained an I am sorry for that? my frustration from when I owned a wrangler came out and couldn’t control it lol

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lastly - every soccer mom in our area has a Wrangler. Looking forward to some uniqueness.
Hate to break it to you but the Bronco will (unfortunately) be wildly popular among soccer mom's as well.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are any Jeep owners excited about the soft top option? I rarely see them, like almost never. Pretty sure I wouldn’t want one, but if there is a big upside let’s hear it.
Sponsored