Sponsored

Jeep priced the Xtreme Recon $3995 (factory 35’s)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

soo now your looking at spending min $78,990, I dont think Ford should be too worried.
Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is great. Why? Because now we can see how aggressive Ford will be at maintaining best in class. While I still think Bronco is a far superior offering and better priced I would love to see the offerings continue to expand:

-Warthog
-optional 37s with 5.13 gearing as a package
- overlander package with built in exorack
- slicked out EV (city dwellers need a bone as well)

And many more. Point is, keep it coming…

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The quote at the end made me giggle. They wouldn’t be releasing this if they weren’t concerned about the bronco. I love competition because the consumer benefits. Let them keep fighting so we can get cool shit. I also hope GM wakes up from the blazer nightmare and gets in the game we’ll all benefit even more.
GM needs more Government money and they can do it.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But this is $4k premium on the Rubicon with 33s. It's the equivalent of adding sasquatch to a Badlands, which is much less than $4k. So dont compare it to the $6k adder for sasquatch on most Bronco trims, thinking it's a good deal.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate to see what the 392 mpg is after adding the 35's. My uncle just got his 392 a few days ago and has only driven it around town maybe 75 miles or so. He was averaging 11.2 mpg with the 33s. It is suppose to get 13 mpg I think so it should improve a little after break in. He is adding 35's shortly so I will be able to see what happens.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Relax pal they all took government money. Check to see if Ford paid theirs back yet.
Calm down my friend and NO they took no bail out money and Ford for what ever reason is very proud of that. So take it easy it's all good.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad they’re reacting to the Bronco, but it seems to the typical Stellantis move of quantity over quality. Let’s just crap out a ton of low hanging fruit we’ve had chambered forever to distract while we work on a legitimate redesign.

Could pose some problems for them as they’re pretty early in the JL’s life cycle.

Hope they come out with a really awesome Wrangler in a few years, forcing the 7G Bronco to get better, forcing the next Wrangler to get better and so on.

Would be pretty cool in 15 years to look back on this time as the beginning of the 21st century 4x4 wars. Of course that’s all predicated on the Bronco being as good as it’s supposed to be.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Think what you what but the fact is Ford, Chrysler, GM all took government money. Ford currently has a balance owed while General Motors paid back what they agreed to.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/5526413002

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-loan-before-moving-small-cars-to-mexico/amp/
Apples and oranges. Ford did not take the bail out money and declare bankruptcy during the great recession, GM did. Ford did take a loan to use in the development of electric vehicles per your google article as the other two did two. Not the same thing. I am not sure you understand but GM went broke and the Federal Government took control of GM. Apples and Oranges.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Apples and oranges. Ford did not take the bail out money and declare bankruptcy during the great recession, GM did. Ford did take a loan to use in the development of electric vehicles per your google article as the other two did two. Not the same thing. I am not sure you understand but GM went broke and the Federal Government took control of GM. Apples and Oranges.
I never said Ford went through bankruptcy. I simply said they took government money when the other two did and they still owe them. I’m man enough to admit If I were wrong but I’m not wrong.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not a bad deal IMO. You get tires, beadlock capable wheels, and a regear to go with the very minor lift. A regear of both axles would have cost $2K in parts alone. But it’s only a 1.5” lift.

Jeep didn’t offer it on the Sahara or Sport, but I think that’s because those two models only have Dana30 axles. Putting 35s on those is going to lead to problems down the road. The Dana44s on the Rubicon are more suited to tires up to 37s.
Sponsored