First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used to be a decent auto magazine, now it's mostly online. And yes, it probably is mostly clickbait garbage now.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like others have said it’s not about hating Jeep. If there was no bronco coming I’d probably get one lol.

it’s the fact this is is desperation 101. Especially because it’s a concept and not even Production vehicle at the moment

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do realize the Bronco is "only" getting a D44 ... Probably the same one in the rear and something weaker in the front.

Ford would have done the same thing of they had anything worth showing during the JL reveal a couple years ago ... after the Bronco had been announced.
Yes, I do realize. However, what I also realize is that anyone with a Wrangler who runs 37’s and takes the truck off-road without beefing up the axles and other suspension components like the ball joints, will encounter a failure, usually on the trail.

My point is they should have at least gone up a size since many owners do so eventually anyway, usually after getting stuck. Why not go all the way to help your owners?

A V8 in a Wrangler to me is a bad idea. If it were meant to go fast, it wouldn’t be shaped like a damn brick! Is a quote that I’ve seen a ton of and it’s true. Fast on trails just tears up the trail. In sand; sure, but they didn’t say it was a new Mojave Wrangler. I also am not assuming that they went ahead and improved the suspension.

Thing looks like a street vehicle for poseurs and not true off-roading.

For the Bronco, the Dana 44 likely under it can totally handle the 35’s it should come with, no problem. If anyone attempts to run bigger, they’ll likely need to upgrade the axle as well. 35’s are enough for me. I was hoping for a solid axle up front, but IFS with a locker and sway disconnect like seen in leaked pics is something I’m willing to give a shot to if it’ll improve the ride.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FCA is just trolling the Bronco reveal. Jeep has been showing concept V8 Wranglers for over ten years and still nothing.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
*concept* F off jeep

Sponsored

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol, remember the 6.7 diesel launch? Where they launched at 390hp/735tq, waited for the GM launch, then they offered a "free calibration upgrade" to make it 400/800?

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The fanboi'ism on this board is laughable... I think I qualify as a Ford guy, owning 4 fords and 1 jeep... and to me, Ford had 1-2 things they should have gotten right if they wanted to steal market share from the wrangler.

The non negotiable one was solid front axle, available at least on one of the bronco lines. That would have had it compete with the wrangler on the rocks, be able to be easily lifted and get that aftermarket development going...

The negotiable one was the availability of a v8 - and that one is negotiable because just about any engine Ford had in its arsenal is significantly ahead of the choices Chrysler put in the wrangler...

Now that Chrysler still has the SFA that Ford failed to offer, and is offering the one (or two if you count the diesel) thing(s) that their fans have been asking for, it seems a no brainer for he aftermarket following...

People don't buy jeeps because the stock ones look cool. People buy jeeps because that JK on 37s at the mall looks cool. Good luck with that one when a 2" puck lift will be all she wrote on an IFS bronco... Same way people don't buy mustangs because the ecoboost or the older v6 is so cool... they buy them because the image and fame set by the GT/GT500/GT350/etc...

The poll on c&d is very telling... Ford, sadly, has created a competitor for the FJ cruiser, not for the wrangler.

Sponsored

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold my 1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah. Clearly they're thinking they can recover some of what they're about to lose in market share.