Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly Not A Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It took Jeep how many years to do this? This is a quick bandaid to try & stop the massive Bronco media onslaught. Their supporters should be pissed it took the Bronco to make this happen. I’d say in a few years Ford will add a larger power plant option to compete, but right now they don’t need to. People will buy the Bronco now & buy the larger power plant later. Same with the raptor option. People will trade in for that as well. It’s called long term planning, sales & growth. Jeep will retool in a few years as well. Competition is good for all involved. I look for Toyota to get back in the doors & roof off game. Lots of money being left on the table & the Bronco is showing that.

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just saw a commercial on you tube for the 4xE wrangler. Ford where's our other shoe to drop on this?

RupertH

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mostly
I don't care enough about Ford/Chevy/Jeep to defend any of them- first one with a V8 and a stick shift gets my money.

mrkastni

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKUR, 2018 Tundra Crewmax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been having a little fun with a couple local jeep dealers.. I own a wrangler, and had contacted both in the last year, considering either a new wrangler or gladiator. When I asked them what they thought about the bronco release they both had the same talking points at the ready.

"Bronco costs more, and Jeep just released a V8, we aren't worried."

Both fell silent when I pointed out that 4.7 gears, lockers, and 35's were all available on even the lowest trim level on the bronco. To get comparable Jeep, you are in Rubicon price range..

I have not reserved yet, but inching toward it. Probably will keep my 2010 JKUR either way. It has the manual transmission that I feel is required in such a vehicle. Plus the kids will need something to drive if I love the Bronco!

Fun to watch whatever marketing arms race Ford has kicked off!

Sponsored

Rydup

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have noticed ever since I ordered the new Bronco I have been seeing alot of Jeep Wrangler adds while browsing the internet.

PretzelDay

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger/ 1970 Mercury Montego MX 351C
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own a 2018 Dodge Challenger. Just registered for the new Bronco. The Jeep Dealership here thinks Jeeps are made of gold. I'm so glad to see Ford bring back a great vehicle. I really hope it's worth the hype, and it isn't plagued by defects. That Jeep with that Hemi isn't practical off road by any means. The first Bronco history tells the whole story. So that is why I hope Ford makes this Bronco>>>>>BULLIT PROOF<<<<<

PretzelDay

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger/ 1970 Mercury Montego MX 351C
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been having a little fun with a couple local jeep dealers.. I own a wrangler, and had contacted both in the last year, considering either a new wrangler or gladiator. When I asked them what they thought about the bronco release they both had the same talking points at the ready.

"Bronco costs more, and Jeep just released a V8, we aren't worried."

Both fell silent when I pointed out that 4.7 gears, lockers, and 35's were all available on even the lowest trim level on the bronco. To get comparable Jeep, you are in Rubicon price range..

I have not reserved yet, but inching toward it. Probably will keep my 2010 JKUR either way. It has the manual transmission that I feel is required in such a vehicle. Plus the kids will need something to drive if I love the Bronco!

Fun to watch whatever marketing arms race Ford has kicked off!
Me too! Jeep dealers are a SNOTTY bunch..... they need to be Knocked down about 10 levels.. I own a 2018 Dodge Challenger too!
Sponsored