Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like Jeeps, but I'm no fanboi. Nor am I a hard core off-roader.
Bottom line- if they put a V8 and a stick in it, I'll probably buy that. If it's slushbox/sissy stick only, I'm out.
Ditto, except the 2.7tt would be more than enough for me

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
FCA has had a long time to put a V8 in the Wrangler, instead they’ve wasted time with tiny 4 cylinders and diesels. I do agree rushing the product people have begged for for the last 20 years NOW reeks of desperation.

With that said - Bronco or Wrangler I will write a nice check for the first one to give me a V8 instead of another small embarrassing eco weenie engine.

Sponsored

Fireshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma TRD | '08 VW R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wasn't there a HEMI Wrangler Concept back in 2013 and it was completely unusable as a vehicle? I think it even broke down at Easter MOAB event.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wasn't there a HEMI Wrangler Concept back in 2013 and it was completely unusable as a vehicle? I think it even broke down at Easter MOAB event.
More recently, the Jeep Sandstorm concept (JL Based) was powered by the 6.4L Hemi back in 2018 (the first year for the JL). It was a more highly modified vehicle than the 392 concept though.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm currently shopping the Bronco vs the Wrangler/Gladiator vs the Colorado ZR2. It'll be my daily driver/overlanding toy. The Bronco, if it turns out to be true that it'll offer the EB 2.7 TTV6, front and rear lockers, factory 35's, seems to be the best of both worlds to me. Should have the on-road manners that the ZR2 offers with most of what I've always loved about the Jeeps (I don't plan to do enough rock crawling to rank a SFA as a need).

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously by looking at my post count I stay in the shadows, however every once in awhile it seems necessary to add my $0.02. I just don't understand the brand hate, as an avid wheeler having been involved in several organized trail runs nobody cares what you rolled up in Jeep, Ford, Toyota, other. We were always just glad to spend a day on the trail with fellow off-road enthusiasts and if someone broke their rig, everyone pitches in to get them off the trail safely.

Admittedly, we don't run the Rubicon or Fordyce as often as we used to since the new generation of 'wheelers seem to have lost sight of the tread lightly and respect for others concept, but that doesn't mean that almost any vehicle can be a capable off-road rig with the right modifications and an experienced driver.

I say embrace the old school manufacturer competition, it will be a good thing for customers as well as the off-road community, this is exactly what happened back in the '60s and '70s and everybody had a good time comparing the latest offerings and keeping up with the proverbial manufacturer Jones'. I have owned five early Broncos so far, and have a Jeep LJ on 1-ton axles on 40's in the garage as well. Doesn't matter which one is on the trail on any given weekend, there are always plenty of thumbs up and high-fives to go around. Oh and by the way, if you ever get a chance to visit Moab during EJS, I highly recommend it. Yes it's an FCA sponsored event but a majority of the innovations and 'concepts' they show off during EJS eventually make it's way onto a trail near you.

If nothing else, could be just a little motivation to the blue oval boys to re-tool up a modern day version in the future of a true EB barebones (SFA, locking hubs, 4:1 t-case, 5.0, ragtop)....ahh the good old days.

Sponsored

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Word on the JL Forum is they have built 30 of these and they are going to production.

If they wanted to steal Fords thunder, they come out with a price cut, better reliabilty and stuff ppl have been asking for like a roof that doesn’t drench you when you open the door.

49% of Jeep customers can’t afford a Hellcat Jeep and 49% would spend their money elsewhere if they wanted a sports car.

Guess they’ll hook a few fish but this is just desperation in my book.

OP
OP
tacowolf

tacowolf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hennessey Velociraptor 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else see the teaser video Jeep put out? “There’s only one”. Did that annoy anyone else?

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Americas Most Wanted...."Aww, say it ain't so".....

Fireshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma TRD | '08 VW R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously by looking at my post count I stay in the shadows, however every once in awhile it seems necessary to add my $0.02. I just don't understand the brand hate, as an avid wheeler having been involved in several organized trail runs nobody cares what you rolled up in Jeep, Ford, Toyota, other. We were always just glad to spend a day on the trail with fellow off-road enthusiasts and if someone broke their rig, everyone pitches in to get them off the trail safely.
I've ridden and driven many jeeps over the years. I was looking at a 2006 TJ with the wonderful inline 6, they are very capable vehicles.

I think everyone like to "rip" into each other because that's what dudes just do and have done for many years.

Last wheeling trip I was on had all sorts of vehicles from all timelines. When something broke everyone helped out, when everything was fixed - it was all about the competition.
Sponsored