North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Obviously by looking at my post count I stay in the shadows, however every once in awhile it seems necessary to add my $0.02. I just don't understand the brand hate, as an avid wheeler having been involved in several organized trail runs nobody cares what you rolled up in Jeep, Ford, Toyota, other. We were always just glad to spend a day on the trail with fellow off-road enthusiasts and if someone broke their rig, everyone pitches in to get them off the trail safely.

Admittedly, we don't run the Rubicon or Fordyce as often as we used to since the new generation of 'wheelers seem to have lost sight of the tread lightly and respect for others concept, but that doesn't mean that almost any vehicle can be a capable off-road rig with the right modifications and an experienced driver.

I say embrace the old school manufacturer competition, it will be a good thing for customers as well as the off-road community, this is exactly what happened back in the '60s and '70s and everybody had a good time comparing the latest offerings and keeping up with the proverbial manufacturer Jones'. I have owned five early Broncos so far, and have a Jeep LJ on 1-ton axles on 40's in the garage as well. Doesn't matter which one is on the trail on any given weekend, there are always plenty of thumbs up and high-fives to go around. Oh and by the way, if you ever get a chance to visit Moab during EJS, I highly recommend it. Yes it's an FCA sponsored event but a majority of the innovations and 'concepts' they show off during EJS eventually make it's way onto a trail near you.

If nothing else, could be just a little motivation to the blue oval boys to re-tool up a modern day version in the future of a true EB barebones (SFA, locking hubs, 4:1 t-case, 5.0, ragtop)....ahh the good old days.
I don't think it is hate at all, it is just good-natured fun cheering for the new guy (Bronco) and pointing out FCA's flaws (Jeep). I'll be glad if a Jeep guy is around to pull me out of a problem off-road and I would do the same.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's just some good old-fashioned chain yanking. I'm sure many Ford, Chevy, and even Jeep owners were ragging on the JL when it first came out. Ford owners can say Jeep is being desperate by teasing the Hemi today, but Ford also brought back the Bronco and bastardized it with the Sport only because they finally realized how much money Jeep was making on the Wrangler. Some people take it all way too seriously. :LOL:

As a Jeep owner myself, I can say that FCA customer service blows and quality can lack in some areas. Overall, I've been very happy with it and am extremely excited for the Bronco.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Meh. If Jeep wants to put a V8 in Wrangler, it ups the bar for Ford (if they choose to see it that way). If it took the reintroduction of Bronco to make Jeep up their game, maybe it will take a V8 Wrangler to make Ford step up again. My reply to any Jeep owner who sings "neener neener neener, Wrangler has a V8" would be to say "great for you." In the end, all that matters is what works best for you in the place you need it to work best - and that may not be a V8. If Jeep makes a better product overall, kudos to them.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t hate jeeps I am literally in mine right now heading to get a pizza :ROFLMAO:

FCA just seems desperate launching this right now is all.
PIZZA for lunch AND?? dinner! Nice!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Meh. If Jeep wants to put a V8 in Wrangler, it ups the bar for Ford (if they choose to see it that way). If it took the reintroduction of Bronco to make Jeep up their game, maybe it will take a V8 Wrangler to make Ford step up again. My reply to any Jeep owner who sings "neener neener neener, Wrangler has a V8" would be to say "great for you." In the end, all that matters is what works best for you in the place you need it to work best - and that may not be a V8. If Jeep makes a better product overall, kudos to them.

What would work better is the rumored “Warthog” bronco with the 3.0 ecoboost. Similar (but less) power. But lighter motor. Smaller motor. Cheaper vehicle. With usable MPG. Yes I know. It’s a sports SUV your not getting it for mpg.

But odds are a 392 wrangler will average 10-12 mpg combine. A 3.0 Bronco will likely get 20 mpg combine. It’s not even close. With similar performance. And better road use

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm new to this forum, but not to Broncos. Why is it again that we hate Jeeps so much?
Just fun rivalry stuff. Like Ford vs Chevy.

Unfortunately the Blazer is going through an identity crisis so Jeep is our main rival now.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Unfortunately the Blazer is going through an identity crisis so Jeep is our main rival now.
Sports cars - Ford Vs Chevy
Super cars - Ford vs Ferrari
Trucks - Ford vs Chevy
SUVS - Ford vs Jeep
Vans - Ford vs Mercedes
EVs - Ford vs Tesla

Ford just loves pissing people off.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Why don't instead of Ford and Jeep owners arguing, we join forces and rag on the Blazer? :ROFLMAO:

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The JLUR 392 sounds awesome, looks pretty good too, I would consider it if Jeep builds it. Competition between brands is great for the consumer.