NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why don't instead of Ford and Jeep owners arguing, we join forces and rag on the Blazer? :ROFLMAO:
It’s literally a minivan with a name hoping to make potential consumers forget they’re buying a unibody front drive crapbox just like every other middle aged woman is driving.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why don't instead of Ford and Jeep owners arguing, we join forces and rag on the Blazer? :ROFLMAO:
no need to whip a dead horse.

but the new Blazer is a great vehicle for what it is... just not a good Blazer

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would work better is the rumored “Warthog” bronco with the 3.0 ecoboost. Similar (but less) power. But lighter motor. Smaller motor. Cheaper vehicle. With usable MPG. Yes I know. It’s a sports SUV your not getting it for mpg.

But odds are a 392 wrangler will average 10-12 mpg combine. A 3.0 Bronco will likely get 20 mpg combine. It’s not even close. With similar performance. And better road use
A V8, if you can keep your foot out of the pedal, with its additional low end grunt could get roughly the same or even better gas mileage than an underpowered V6 that you have to wind up to get things moving. My daily is a Camaro SS with intake, headers, exhaust and a tune and I knock down about 20 mpg combined if I'm not beating on it. Yeah, Jeeps are a brick both weight wise and aerodynamically but it's not like that 3.6L has a whole lot down low. It's got to be geared all to hell to get out of its own way.

Sponsored

FlyingSpaceLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lockheed Blackbird
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I like it. I'd never buy one, but Jeep is offering something that Ford likely won't, at least at first -- though I do hope to be surprised in about five hours from now. Maybe, just maybe, a 392 in a Wrangler will be the kick in the pants Ford needs to put an entire engine into the Bronco.

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The best part about this giant, well-coordinated, years-long launch...is that Jeep and all her execs, employees, and enthusiasts will be watching right alongside all of us - possibly with more intensity and clenched cheeks than any of us.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I like it. I'd never buy one, but Jeep is offering something that Ford likely won't, at least at first -- though I do hope to be surprised in about five hours from now. Maybe, just maybe, a 392 in a Wrangler will be the kick in the pants Ford needs to put an entire engine into the Bronco.
This x100

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm new to this forum, but not to Broncos. Why is it again that we hate Jeeps so much?
Think it‘s just some fun poking and rivalry. Having a sense of pride in your ride is a cool feeling, sort of like now how I dig into Audi drivers for being robots and jealous that their FWD A4 is trash to a 3 series RWD.

Jeeps are highly capable and can be fun, but competition is great for everyone.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks a lill mall crawlerish but could be fun, like i said before the qeight may smooth out death wobble. I would have imagined atleast some kind of HD dana 44 or something else for the rear just for the burnouts and stuff. Also a extra torque arm or something in the rear for control. I like and dont like the skeleton top. Honestly it will be alot for me to get used to the broncos family cage. Never had much more than a sport bar in my open offroaders.
Definitely a half assed on upsmanship. But will likely push ford into a 3.0tt, we have always been competitive with smaller displacement engines, but watch the hell out when we go big, MEL,427,428,429,460,V10,go go GODZILLA!!!

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks a lill mall crawlerish but could be fun, like i said before the qeight may smooth out death wobble. I would have imagined atleast some kind of HD dana 44 or something else for the rear just for the burnouts and stuff. Also a extra torque arm or something in the rear for control. I like and dont like the skeleton top. Honestly it will be alot for me to get used to the broncos family cage. Never had much more than a sport bar in my open offroaders.
Definitely a half assed on upsmanship. But will likely push ford into a 3.0tt, we have always been competitive with smaller displacement engines, but watch the hell out when we go big, MEL,427,428,429,460,V10,go go GODZILLA!!!
I would need a change of pants if Ford put the 7.3L in the Bronco.
For a different reason Jeep would also need a change of pants.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Need some more people on Car & Driver to make a few votes the Bronco way...
Went to cast a vote. Stuck around to learn that the UPGRADED engine option in the Chevy TrailBlazer goes 0-60mph in 9.4 seconds. I wonder how slow the base engine is...