Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some may say its a hollow victory, but I'll take it! ;)

Ford Bronco Jeep vs Bronco. We win!* 20230227_140550
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's being compared?
Bunch of different stuff. I didn't want to get into the weeds on it though. All that ever does is bring out the stupid back and forth about Consumer Reports and other junk.

edit: As evidenced above.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will say, that no matter who you are, you tend to like your vehicle to run.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Consumer Reports is very woke. These ratings are aimed at eco-zealot soccer moms who value their creature comforts.
I don’t see one eco friendly vehicle on that entire list. There are no EVs, only a few hybrids, so not sure about how ”woke” this is or even what that would mean when talking about a vehicle, but what I do see are a bunch of softer, boring, people movers which manufacturers must ensure are very reliable and not too radical with styling. Why? Because most people are very boring.

The more fun the car, the less reliable, less efficient, and usually more exciting it is (outside of a Hummer which has always just been lame GM trash).

So, not sure if the Bronco is “woke“ or ”asleep?” But it sure is fun as hell which is what I bought mine for.

If I wanted reliable, comfortable, and safe, I’d a bought a Camry and for the record, I absolutely hate Toyota, so if that tells you something about me, then there you have it.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see one eco friendly vehicle on that entire list. There are no EVs, only a few hybrids, so not sure about how ”woke” this is or even what that would mean when talking about a vehicle, but what I do see are a bunch of softer, boring, people movers which manufacturers must ensure are very reliable and not too radical with styling. Why? Because most people are very boring.

The more fun the car, the less reliable, less efficient, and usually more exciting it is (outside of a Hummer which has always just been lame GM trash).

So, not sure if the Bronco is “woke“ or ”asleep?” But it sure is fun as hell which is what I bought mine for.

If I wanted reliable, comfortable, and safe, I’d a bought a Camry and for the record, I absolutely hate Toyota, so if that tells you something about me, then there you have it.
Yeah. I do recall an early episode of Dirt Every Day where they showcased a Swedish rig that was blacked out (even no chrome) because they passed really strict laws on gas consumption and what you could do with it (e.g., nothing fun!), and to off road meant to be impossible to see, even by moonlight, because the laws were strict with penalties. That was one of the cooler rigs, but it was a farm truck they hid in a barn, not a new vehicle with a warranty.

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a hyundai santa fe sport once (2.0T), good suv. Surprised the Honda CRV isn't on this list somewhere.

I also wonder what other things they're testing, and if it's for general population doing "normal" every day things (mall, groceries, pavement commutes) I can see how the bronco scores low. Performance is so subjectively based on the testing criteria.

But like any test, when in doubt, miata.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never understood CR scoring and I recently re-subscribed for appliance guidance. You'll have two similar products with similar "color" check marks but then the numerical scores are way different. How did you get there? Some of their cars they love feel like you're driving a tin can.

Can't wait for Todd from Project Farm to start expanding his empire on YouTube. He's got the market cornered on hand and power tool reviews.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2nd to last :unsure: Not much of a win. :sneaky:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, that Perfect Strangers episode where the one guy goes through the all effort to rate the cars Balky might buy and the one he rates highly turns out to be a clunker? And Balky ends up with the sports car he really wanted that was dead last in the rating?

Ahh, the late 80's/early 90's.

Also, Kubrick once said if everything is beautiful, nothing is beautiful. If we all had badass, nothing would be badass.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Surprised the Honda CRV isn't on this list somewhere.

I also wonder what other things they're testing
I was just having fun with this small sliver of the new 2023 Auto Issue that just came out and I didn't want to turn it into a CR debate, but since the questions are being asked, here is some of the stuff they are looking at. The CR-V is in there, just in a different category.

Ford Bronco Jeep vs Bronco. We win!* IMG_0003
Sponsored